WBMT.....What baffled me today

A friend lives beside a footpath that's used as a dog emptying spot. Gets bags of dogs*** lobbed over the fence.

The dog poo bags thing baffles me too.

Are there lots of people who are worried that they might be seen when their dog poos? To save themselves embarrassment they do what makes them look like responsible dog owners and clear up, only to dispose of it later.
I can understand not wanting to be embarrassed(though don't condone what they do) but then why decorate trees and bushes with the bags?

Are some people squeamish about carrying a bag of dog poo around? They have already done the potentially messy part by picking it up, so carrying it can't be that bad, can it?

A friend lives beside a footpath that's used as a dog emptying spot. Gets bags of dogs*** lobbed over the fence.

That is just appalling, Nod.

Dave

Dogs poo. It's what they do. They all do it. If anyone's embarrassed by it they shouldn't have a dog. Where I live just about every other household has a dog. We also have strategically placed dog poo bins, and the vast majority of people are extremely good at bagging and binning, which it probably why it annoys me so much when I see bags left lying around.

Perhaps the bags don't contain dogs poo, but used tea bags instead. They feel remarkably similar, as one of the young lads at work found out when a work mate put a bag in his coat pocket. You should have seen the look of disgust on his face when he put his hand in his pocket. :)

Perhaps the bags don't contain dogs poo, but used tea bags instead. They feel remarkably similar, as one of the young lads at work found out when a work mate put a bag in his coat pocket. You should have seen the look of disgust on his face when he put his hand in his pocket. :)

I'm making a note of this one for....reasons :p:angelic:

WBMT? the growing trend with starting every answer or response with "So" :thinking:

WBMT? the growing trend with starting every answer or response with "So" :thinking:

Could not agree more, Cobra.

Unfortunately, I have found myself doing it!

Why? I used to be able to construct sentences and then, "so" was used as a beginning of a qualifying clause.

Dave

Well, like, so, you see...

"so" was used as a beginning of a qualifying clause.
I guess we have all done that, as in "so, therefore.." and I see nothing wrong,
but prefacing a response with "so" is just so wrong :D

It is similar, I think, to saying, 'absolutely', when the correct response would be, 'yes'. but I have found myself doing that too.

Dave

Do some people still make quotation signs with their hands/fingers when talking, Yes indeed they do. o_O

Peoples inability to use the multi quote function on here... How hard is it to quote a couple of posts and keep your response to 1 post instead of replying them all individually.

Do some people still make quotation signs with their hands/fingers when talking, Yes indeed they do. o_O
Every time I see someone doing that, I see this .... :D

1493882471_austin-powers-minime.gif

Peoples inability to use the multi quote function on here... How hard is it to quote a couple of posts and keep your response to 1 post instead of replying them all individually.
I have that beat, we still get questions on how to post images, from people that have been here more than a year sometimes 2 or 3 years :D

Because using multi quotes can infer that your responses to each quote are connected. I do it both ways.

I have that beat, we still get questions on how to post images, from people that have been here more than a year sometimes 2 or 3 years :D

:rolleyes:

Because using multi quotes can infer that your responses to each quote are connected. I do it both ways.

Not if you write your reply under each quote... As shown here. 100% a way to get your post count up!

Some pro players would have been on the grass claiming a penalty before the nutter got within a yard of them.

I guess I missed the highway code update that states
"Thou shalt get in the wrong lane and cut up as many cars as possible, while changing lanes and sourcing your exit"
:(

A couple of weeks ago whilst I was living elsewhere, popped home to check the post etc and found Sky
had sent my Bohemian Rhapsody blueray disc :)
My neighbour saw it and asked if she could borrow, but she was away at friends for the weekend, told her to take it as I had already watched it had it on the Sky box
Got back on Monday and asked her if she had enjoyed, not really, she's not a Queen fan:thinking:
but could she hang on to it for a bit longer as she wanted to watch the bonus bits
I'm am totally baffled as to why if she didn't enjoy the film and doesn't much like Queen !!!!
Still waiting for it to be returned, hopefully today

A car in front of me that was behind a lorry doing 30 in a road where the speed limit is 30, overtaking said lorry then taking a left turn less than 50 yards further on!

A car in front of me that was behind a lorry doing 30 in a road where the speed limit is 30, overtaking said lorry then taking a left turn less than 50 yards further on!
This bothers me. I get occasions where someone will overtake me ( with me doing 30mph on a 30mph road in my car) and then turn off two seconds later. Congratulations. You saved two seconds of time but made the road dangerous for everyone else.

Victor Meldrew said:
I DON'T BELIEVE IT!

For for some years I've been having BB issues, speed / continuous drop offs,
A few weeks ago, this was finally put right, with a new cable to property ... Yay!

City fiber / Vodafone have been for several months laying brand new fiber cables in my area,
on several occasions, according to the BT engineer, City Fibre have cut through the BT service ( this wasn't my issue BTW)

When I got home there was a guy on the path, outside my house with a Stihl Saw cutting into the path dangerously close
to the area that BT had dug up laying my new cable.

Of course I had a word, it seems that when BT laid my new service, they damaged the city fiber cable :rolleyes:
Tit for Tat perhaps? :D

Got some cash from an ATM inside a bank today.
All came out in twenties so asked one of three tellers who were sat there doing nothing if I could change one for four fivers.
Apparently not, unless you have an account with them so you can pay it in then withdraw it again.

What is that all about?

I changed the car headlight bulbs yesterday , but had a bit of a struggle getting one of the old ones out of the socket.
Now THAT'S a blown bulb!
Bulb.JPG
(This is the one that still works, too!)

How the choices we make can massively change our lives!

Saw on FB a post about a guy who lived in the next village, jailed today for 13 years for attempted murder of his wife (stabbed her 10 times, rang police to say what he had done) who fortunately was taken to hospital stable and AFAIK is doing fine. Why the interest, well they were an early customer of mine back in late 2011, remember doing the shoot at their house (and also saw them around supermarkets as you do) and he even worked close to me as a technical engineer. Obviously this sort of thing goes on all the time but its only when it happens close by have I actually lingers in the mind, why someone would do that, what caused them to snap... do we all have the capability of this?

I am expecting a parcel to be delivered by DPD. I receive an SMS to say delivery will be between 13:48pm and 14:38pm so we go out shopping. we return at 13:04pm and guess what?

There's a DPD courier van parked in the road outside my house. I approach the driver, who tells me he has my package but cannot deliver it until 13:48pm...... so he has to wait in his van for 44 mins.......

Sigh.......

They get as frustrated about that as you are, Brian. Their machines won't let them deliver before the designated delivery slot and they can't get the slot shifted so they have to wait.

They get as frustrated about that as you are, Brian. Their machines won't let them deliver before the designated delivery slot and they can't get the slot shifted so they have to wait.

Whatever happened to common sense!!!

Got some cash from an ATM inside a bank today.
All came out in twenties so asked one of three tellers who were sat there doing nothing if I could change one for four fivers.
Apparently not, unless you have an account with them so you can pay it in then withdraw it again.

What is that all about?

Because their Cash drawer has to Tally with their Computer., do you think?

Whatever happened to common sense!!!

The academics couldn’t find a way to create an examination paper for it so they decided to ignore its existence :D

I know, we had a brief chat, the delivery driver reckoned he wasted 40 minutes a day on average. What a stupid system they operate, he has my sympathy. When he eventually arrived at my doorstep we had to wait for his handheld device to count down the last 10 seconds.

Back