WBMT.....What baffled me today

Why people get upset when I pass them in the Bus Lane that isn't actually a Bus Lane at the time I'm driving down it! :rolleyes:

Why people get upset when I pass them in the Bus Lane that isn't actually a Bus Lane at the time I'm driving down it! :rolleyes:

They're just jealous :LOL:

I guess it must be the school holidays for her :)
She is supposed to be working!
by keeping the weight down, it does deter them from moulting, ( I'm guessing she never read the hand book)
however now, I'm now having to shove higher protein food down her,
to get the feathers growing again.
Which means she will be fat weight after she's done,
and a lot of exercise to get her back into shape again.

She is supposed to be working!
by keeping the weight down, it does deter them from moulting, ( I'm guessing she never read the hand book)
however now, I'm now having to shove higher protein food down her,
to get the feathers growing again.
Which means she will be fat weight after she's done,
and a lot of exercise to get her back into shape again.

Yes, but what about Donut? :LOL: ;)

No idea, they annoy the hell out of me. In fact any slogan sticker annoys the hell out of me.

I'm on the look out for a couple of bumper sticker saying "My other car's a Jaguar".

I'm on the look out for a couple of bumper sticker saying "My other car's a Jaguar".

Quite some years ago I used to have a bumper sticker that said " I used to be conceited, but now I'm absolutely perfect"
I can always remember a driver following me in traffic who spotted it and obviously had the same sense of humour as me as he was laughing his head off at it.

Can't help you with the Jaguar stickers though :D

I used to be conceited, but now I'm absolutely perfect
My two favourites
One from the USA
" I have PMS and a .45 ANY QUESTIONS"?
one from the UK
EARTH FIRST!

We'll screw the rest of the planets up in due course

WBMT?

We all know why Kermit's finger smells of Pork,
but why does pond fish food, smell of fish?

Soylent green syndrome perhaps?

WBMT?

We all know why Kermit's finger smells of Pork,
but why does pond fish food, smell of fish?
Slightly off topic, but as you are a pond keeper; any tips for clearing blanket weed? My pond started filling up with it again about 3 weeks ago (as the arum lily started to die off for the year). Wondering if barley straw extract worth a go. I try to drag the stuff out with a lawn rake but it grows so quick its back again next day.

@DorsetDude I've never tried the straw Keith, but a lot of people seem to swear by it. I've been running a UV filter this year and that seems to do a really good job. But it also seems to cut down on the bug life in the pond. I do have hair algae growing thick at the shallow end, but I leave that as I have baby fish.

@DorsetDude I've never tried the straw Keith, but a lot of people seem to swear by it. I've been running a UV filter this year and that seems to do a really good job. But it also seems to cut down on the bug life in the pond. I do have hair algae growing thick at the shallow end, but I leave that as I have baby fish.
Cheers, I have a UV also but doesn't seem to touch the blanket weed. Ah well, back to topic...

A silly Woman stopping traffic on a busy high street, ( rural area) because a wild rabbit was plying dodge the cars, she eventually
caught it and threw it to one side, as it ran back across the road, right in front of me, it was obvious it was suffering badly from Myxy.
I'm not saying I turned it into road pizza or nothing ;)

A silly Woman stopping traffic on a busy high street, ( rural area) because a wild rabbit was plying dodge the cars, she eventually
caught it and threw it to one side, as it ran back across the road, right in front of me, it was obvious it was suffering badly from Myxy.
I'm not saying I turned it into road pizza or nothing ;)

Much :LOL:

I thought that wild rabbits were fairly immune to Mixy these days, being descended from those that survived it some years back?

I thought that wild rabbits were fairly immune to Mixy these days, being descended from those that survived it some years back?
It cycles about every 5 years, and as you know its perpetuated by fleas, ( or other biting insects usually mozzies) so not all the rabbits are infected.

Presumably you (or I, in the same situation) would have to dispatch an affected rabbit since releasing it back into the wild is apparently illegal?

Presumably you (or I, in the same situation) would have to dispatch an affected rabbit since releasing it back into the wild is apparently illegal?
Technically yes she did break the law, twice, once by picking it up and letting it go again, and the second, she took a sick animal into her care, and she had a duty of care to treat it, but as there is no cure for wild rabbits with myxy, she should have humanely dispatched it either herself or take it to a vet.
But as its now road pizza, problem solved ;)

Nope, As Chris says, it tends to come in cycles. We have not had it for a while on the estate, but it will come through again. Horrible disease to see, not even foxes will eat rabbits infected with it.

We have not had it for a while on the estate, but it will come through again
Insect pests tend to cycle roughly every 5 years, and obviously that includes fleas that transfer the Myxy.
I must admit that was also the first I'd seen in a few years too, would you agree that an explosion tends to be in the Autumn, following a hot but wet summer Ade ?

I used to see it at the end of warm wet summer, I was always told that the rabbits get it because they are all cooped up together rather than spread out.

I used to see it at the end of warm wet summer, I was always told that the rabbits get it because they are all cooped up together rather than spread out.
As the population increases (rapidly) they obviously share a much smaller space and yes contact with infected Rabbits is much more likely.
It kills a few thins, out the population and the cycle continues.

Insect pests tend to cycle roughly every 5 years, and obviously that includes fleas that transfer the Myxy.
I must admit that was also the first I'd seen in a few years too, would you agree that an explosion tends to be in the Autumn, following a hot but wet summer Ade ?
I think so Chris. Not 100% sure, but thinking back you may be right.

Just checked my on line Gas and Electric bills, they haven't read the meters in nearly two years now, but keep estimating the meter readings and
want to increase the monthly payments. I have now started sending in monthly readings, I went from approx £40 in debit to nearly 70 quid in credit.
Now there's a surprise, not!

not even foxes will eat rabbits infected with it.
So, natural selection should give rise to a sub-species of rabbit who can fake myxomatosis.

Cobra didn't kill a sick rabbit, but a great actor! ;)

Let us spare a moment's silence, for the bunny Michael Gambon. :(

Now, who's for pate?

Selfies. Why. Just why.

Here's one for you, Steve.

"Baseball announcers tear apart sorority girls glued to their phones."

Madness!

CQPg4XSUwAEMeiG.png

Source: Twitter @tofslie

Last edited:
There are times when I think the world would be a better place if I alone lived in it. This is one of them.

I thought you'd like it. :D

I can't get over the fact it's a real candid. It couldn't have been set up any better! Crazy.

How well you know me!

I'm like, so down with the kids.
LOL that actually wasn't aimed at you but the selfie crowd ....

However if the cap fits and all that :D

How my Wordpress database has gone from nearly 300Mb down to 6.4Mb and everything still works :confused:

Back