WBMT.....What baffled me today

So mcDonalds are reopening some stores with reiki we only. Why? Now I admit to living in the sticks and in my 40s but who would get this delivered. I can understand Indian or Chinese as these retain heat, can be reheated and do not really suffer from being delivered. But how will this stay warm and won’t the chips be lukewarm and soggy???
Have you not seen the Just Eat or Deliveroo adverts on the TV? You just use the app or website to order from many takeaways in your local area. I believe Uber also runs a similar delivery service.

Have you not seen the Just Eat or Deliveroo adverts on the TV? You just use the app or website to order from many takeaways in your local area. I believe Uber also runs a similar delivery service.

Yes, but while a curry can sit in its container for 30 mins and be fine, chips and a burger will be lukewarm and soggy

Yes, but while a curry can sit in its container for 30 mins and be fine, chips and a burger will be lukewarm and soggy
They would probably put it in an insulated bag or box, just as they do with a pizza.

Chips would still be soggy though!
It's got to be about 35 years since I have eaten one, but they don't look any different. From the size of them, I don't think there is enough in them to go soggy, I'd be more concerned they would go hard.

I should have said, it's being reported.

It seems they are being found more in homes and have increased cannibalistic behaviour.

They are cannibalistic, and predatory. Their prey includes mice (muricide), and I believe tests have shown that the smell of rats is sufficient to terrify them.

Whether it was because of the rain yesterday I don't know, but our local big Tesco has rearranged their queue layout outside the store. The section of queue that just ran across the front of the store, now zigzags perpendicular to the front of the store. So while you try to remain 2 meters from the person in front of you, you end up standing next to someone with just a plastic roadworks barrier or a bit of tape/rope between you and unable to remain 2m apart.

Scrawled on the back of a van, I was following today, in the dirt
"Stay home stay safe!"
:D

I upgraded a data connection (significantly, a factor of 50) on a site yesterday afternoon... Got a support ticket this afternoon "since the upgrade, it slows down nearly every afternoon"

The link has an uptime now of 26 hours...

It seems today is the day that the leaflet distributors are back in action

It seems today is the day that the leaflet distributors are back in action
I've been getting those "Donate your unwanted stuff to charity" plastic bags fairly consistently all though lockdown. I guess they must be made of sterner stuff than the leaflet gang.

I've been getting those "Donate your unwanted stuff to charity" plastic bags fairly consistently all though lockdown. I guess they must be made of sterner stuff than the leaflet gang.
I use those for bin liners, not had any in ages :(
But I'm sure as hell that I don't need a bloody Pizza :D

I use those for bin liners, not had any in ages :(
But I'm sure as hell that I don't need a bloody Pizza :D
They make good laundry bags when on holiday...... wait a minute, what's a holiday? I have forgotten.........:(

Seems to be the same 2 or 3 folk that deliver them in my area, I must have made my feelings regarding them clear, they just walk straight past our house now.

They need to shoot a few of the morons that will possibly get this new measure enforced or give them big fines,
Catching them is the problem though not enough police.
Shoot them and hang the bodies on a fence as farmers did with vermin, might deter others, but then again you can’t educate pork.

WBMT ?
And not for the first time either..
Couriers that ask for a safe place for contactless delivery and then go on to totally ignore it.
Once the tracking says "Delivered" its time to hunt the parcel... (y)

WBMT?
It seems that some people still don't have a grasp on reality ...

I was washing my hands in an "on site" Gents today.
A guy came out of "the stalls" I thought he was about to wash his hands, instead he filled his hand with water took a drink and ran the rest around his face and head.
I was just leaving at that point, as to whether he washed his paws after I've no idea .... :rolleyes:

WBMT?
It seems that some people still don't have a grasp on reality ...

I was washing my hands in an "on site" Gents today.
A guy came out of "the stalls" I thought he was about to wash his hands, instead he filled his hand with water took a drink and ran the rest around his face and head.
I was just leaving at that point, as to whether he washed his paws after I've no idea .... :rolleyes:

Just reading that made me shudder.

Dave

Being awake at 6:40am to get in the online queue for National Trust tickets :help:

Calke Abbey, its around halfway between here and my other halfs parents house. First time we've seen them since before lockdown.

The camera will be going, whether I get anything anywhere decent is a different matter ;)

WBMT - I should be married now and just finished my photos and be getting to reception venue! Madness!

I assume the photos have been taken to exaggerate the crowding but the beach is clearly very busy. Does anyone know why so many people find being part of the scenes like those in the attached so desirable?

I'm baffled that so many seem unable to have a day out in the countryside that doesn't involve going to the beach.

Dave

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-53176717 ?

I'm baffled that so many seem unable to have a day out in the countryside that doesn't involve going to the beach.

Oi !!!! Don't encourage them:p,
countryside is crammed enough as it is in many places and we don't want more wildfires
I tend to get up early and come home when the crowds arrive

Oi !!!! Don't encourage them:p,
countryside is crammed enough as it is in many places and we don't want more wildfires
I tend to get up early and come home when the crowds arrive
Me too I go out early for a walk with my camera looking for insects and come back before most people arrive

I assume the photos have been taken to exaggerate the crowding but the beach is clearly very busy. Does anyone know why so many people find being part of the scenes like those in the attached so desirable?

Dave

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-53176717 ?
Yes I don’t get it either a crowded beach even with no virus risk is not my idea of a day out

Yes I don’t get it either a crowded beach even with no virus risk is not my idea of a day out

Beaches are for walking the dogs along on windy winter days
Never go during the day in summer, occasionally in the evening for fish and chips when the crowds have gone
and to watch the sunsets over the sea

Last edited:
This is normally a quiet area hardly any noise at the best of times.
Right now and for the last couple or so hours, it sounds like a bunch of feral teenagers having a rave.
The noise could be coming from the playing fields about 500 yards away.
Am I going to look? am I f***!

Back