WBMT.....What baffled me today

Up here we have a West Coast salad.....which is chips :LOL:

Bob..I don't recall saying that about chips..I've looked back and I didn't. Have a look at the 7.56 post this morning by MartynK and and the 1015 reply post by Cobra. It's the way the Quotes are copied when it involves two people and different subjects.

However, I do like chips (homemade not chippy chips which are different) with salad and whatever. :)

WBMT is the number of views a thread entitled "suspenders panties and a bra Selfie" and tagged as NSFW has received. I just hope nobody's too disappointed that there is no picture there!!!

WBMT (only just occurred to me TBH!!!) is that a spoof thread with no image has attracted more views (despite the title!) and comments than any of my serious photo postings ever have!

That I should be afraid - VERY afraid!!!

I doubt very much that I'd cater for anyone's peckerdildoes as a 17 1/2 stone middle aged bloke, especially in a bright green suspenders panties and a bra! If I am, they're welcome to knock one themselves out with the thought of it!!! If they look hard enough, they might even find an old post with a photo...

WBMT - is that there are people out there who have actually been suckered into thinking that what3words is a good idea!

People running in what appears to me to be far too many clothes.

I can see running improves muscle strength and cardiovascular function but is there any benefit from sweating too?

Almost any day in the last couple of months while I've been out and about I have seen people in sweating like crazy while they are running. Earlier today I saw a bloke in full length leggings, a long sleeved top and with shorts and a T shirt on top. The sweat was pouring off him.

Won't sweating profusely just dehydrate you(which from what I hear and read is a very bad thing) even quicker than the exercise would do normally or is there some advantage to be gained?

Dave

It will raise your core temperature which should increase the rate at which you burn calories, through a thermogenic reaction ( I believe)

The weather widget says it's raining here.
So does the Met Office.
The window's telling me there's lots of clear blue sky up there... :thinking:

I had thunder earlier, well I thought it was, but as the sky was clear so I assumed that it was a boy racer in souped up Corsa or some such.
And then the heavens opened, stair rods bouncing off the ground! And still the sky was largely clear :thinking:
It lasted about 15 minutes ...
Back to hot and humid :(

So does the Met Office.
The window's telling me there's lots of clear blue sky up there... :thinking:

I can see the roof of the Met Office from upstairs and lets just say that there are plenty of occasions when looking out of their own windows contradicts their idea as to what's happening... Mrs Nod has a couple of forecasters as students and they look out of the window when asked for a forecast!

How does a new bottle of milk, well within date and still sealed, turn to sludge while sitting in the fridge? :mad:

In this heat, you need to turn the fridge thermostat to a lower setting to make sure it stays between 1 & 3 degrees C. I didn't do this and I had some meat go off that was well within date - I just never gave the temperature a thought. :banghead:

Was it bought in a local shop or a big supermarket ?
I have seen the big wire things stacked with milk and other perishables left out the back of smaller shops
even in this heat, and I am talking the local franchised places too

How does a new bottle of milk, well within date and still sealed, turn to sludge while sitting in the fridge? :mad:
Thunderstorms have a reputation of turning milk "Off"
No idea if its an old wives tale or not, did you open the door during a storm?
:D

I have no proof but think it is how the milk is stored(or perhaps left) after delivery to shops. I can imagine part or all of a big stack of milk cartons outside the back of the supermarket going off if they were in the sun even for a short time. Over the last week or so, in some parts of the UK, that could happen very quickly.

Dave

Seeing a cyclist last night with blue and red flashing lights on the back of his bike. I thought there were restrictions on those? :police:

Seeing a cyclist last night with blue and red flashing lights on the back of his bike.
That'll be the next stage of cut backs being implemented (y)

2599B27E00000578-2951501-image-a-1_1423778386766.jpg

Just had the same think happen. Unopened bottle (on the shelf in the body of the fridge), took the seal off and yuck.

fortunately, the shopping is due in half an hour.

found this - and I'm stunned !!

I mean - REALLY ? Some folk clearly have more money than sense

Crazy. I saw that on Points West...our regional news covering Wiltshire where this is. They interviewed the owner. Until I read your post (attachment) I didn't realise it cost £3500 to build.

I once had a nice holiday in Wiltshire. We went to the stone circle at Avebury, Stonehenge, Old Sarum, Beaulieu, Salisbury, Longleat and Wilton House.

Back