WBMT.....What baffled me today

Presumably the last person in that queue was a Taco Bell End...

Moving to a faster BB connection on Thursday
Router arrived yesterday along with a text message saying the will email me when it's
ready :thinking:
I won't have internet so how will I get the email, even the advisor I spoke to laughed :rolleyes:
Before everyone starts, I don't have emails on my phone, rarely connect it to 4g or wifi
when I'm out I want to be away from all that

Moving to a faster BB connection on Thursday
Router arrived yesterday along with a text message saying the will email me when it's
ready :thinking:
I won't have internet so how will I get the email, even the advisor I spoke to laughed :rolleyes:
Before everyone starts, I don't have emails on my phone, rarely connect it to 4g or wifi
when I'm out I want to be away from all that

I don't know the circumstances but have move providers a number of times and have never notice an interruption in service.

I don't know the circumstances but have move providers a number of times and have never notice an interruption in service.

I'm moving from ADSL which was all I could get while waiting for Openreach to upgrade the exchange
Now going to fiber at 5x the speed which obviously requires a new router , so present router, same provider]just different
service
Yes it will be an immediate changeover but I won't know exactly when

Last edited:
Well the whole thing didn't work as well as it should, didn't get either a text or email, phone network went down
Old router stopped connecting, so plugged in the new one and that didn't connect and no phone line either !!
All sorted now

Well the whole thing didn't work as well as it should, didn't get either a text or email, phone network went down
Old router stopped connecting, so plugged in the new one and that didn't connect and no phone line either !!
All sorted now

... and you were surprised? :exit:

... and you were surprised? :exit:

Unfortunate really that the network went down just before the changeover, they have
always been pretty good on customer service if I could have got hold of them, got there in the end and
once wifi was up and running set the phone to wifi calling

This could probably just as well go in the WCMUT thread as I find them amusing, but reading peoples comments (complaints) on facebook about car manufacturers
For instance a person who bought a 2nd hand car from a dealership, last year it was 3yrs old so they had it MOT'd by the dealership along with the service. This year and 3k miles later it failed its MOT on a bush as well as an advisory on the bush on the opposite side. Their conclusion was that the dealership didn't carry put last years MOT properly and they wouldn't be buying that make of car again.
Another person whose radio had packed up after 3 months on their new car and now had to wait 2 weeks for a replacement to arrive from Germany. There philosophy is that if a manufacturer is selling cars in the UK, they should carry spares for every single component for all their models in the UK. Where do they expect all the manufacturers to store all these millions of items, some of which may never actually be needed?
The best one which the person and his wife keep adding to a manufacturers adverts is the fact that their front parking sensors are playing up on their new car, because the number plate surround the dealers have fitted are triggering the sensors and apparently it is a known fault. It obviously hasn't occurred to them to ask the dealer to remove the surround or actually do it themselves.
But no they would rather post it on facebook and make themselves look foolish.

You'd think so, but looking at some of the questions people post regarding Amazon products, it seems like all they do is look at the pictures.
After reading some of the questions people post on Amazon, I wouldn't be surprised if they've been trying to colour some of those pictures in! Hmmmm... shiny!

I love when someone asks a question and people answer with "I can't answer this".. Why even bother?

Yes, I've noticed that on a few items

You'd think so, but looking at some of the questions people post regarding Amazon products, it seems like all they do is look at the pictures.

I'm convinced of it

I love when someone asks a question and people answer with "I can't answer this".. Why even bother?

Yes...lol. I know what you mean. A couple of times recently I've googled to find out a problem with an item ..let's say a Canon camera..to find that someone else is asking the same question and amongst the replies is.. Ive never had Canon but on my Nikon...Lol. or, as you say.. "I don't know the answer to your question but. .or worse..just that they don't know or sorry,can't help. I'm hazarding a guess re the latter that they are decent people who see that the person asking isn't getting any answers or maybe just one and doesn't want him/her to feel they are being ignored.

An edit today(Wed.) Whilst looking at road safety triangles. " Cannot comment thouroughly as it was purchased for a Christmas gift' :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm hazarding a guess re the latter that they are decent people who see that the person asking isn't getting any answers or maybe just one and doesn't want him/her to feel they are being ignored.
Was about to type a out a long response but then realised I can't help.

It seems if you submit an answer, others can flag it as helpful (Amazon's "like" button?), and the more votes you get, the higher up the customer reviewer league table you go.

I don't know whether they still do it, but when somebody asked a question about a product, Amazon used to send it to some/all users who had bought that product. Hence the flurry of "I don't know" answers.

And only looking at the pictures is not confined to Amazon. If you read any of the eBay Seller forums, there are constant postings from sellers who include full dimensions and measurements in their listings but who then get requests to return the item as it is too small/too big/whatever.

Horse riders or equestrians wearing high visibility jackets that just so happen to look like police jackets. Complete with “POLITE” instead of “POLICE”. I can’t recall the last time I saw a police officer on a horse. They can’t think they’re fooling everyone???

I don't know whether they still do it
still happens. They send out a “can you answer this question?” The options should be “yes” (in which case you’re linked to the item onAmazon and hence can reply) or “no” which deletes the email or at least disables the user from answering the question.
And only looking at the pictures is not confined to Amazon. If you read any of the eBay Seller forums, there are constant postings from sellers who include full dimensions and measurements in their listings but who then get requests to return the item as it is too small/too big/whatever.
Human stupidity. I have resorted to making mock ups if I’m not certain if an item will fit. People will automatically assume an item is the size they’re interested in rather than checking or measuring.

Horse riders or equestrians wearing high visibility jackets that just so happen to look like police jackets. Complete with “POLITE” instead of “POLICE”. I can’t recall the last time I saw a police officer on a horse. They can’t think they’re fooling everyone???

My wife wears one and she says it does work, people slow down a lot more often since she started wearing it.

Seen a few cyclist in them...

My thoughts are with the horse (and the rider,of course) and invariably I come across them on narrow country roads so I actually stop until the rider(s) is past me if oncoming and if they are infront of me I overtake at 5mph and as far to the other side of the road as I can get and will never pass them if I can't see round a bend. What's a few moments delay ? If it's dusk and the rider is coming towards me and I have the headlights on I turn them to the parking lights and stop. It's always appreciated.

My thoughts are with the horse (and the rider,of course) and invariably I come across them on narrow country roads so I actually stop until the rider(s) is past me if oncoming and if they are infront of me I overtake at 5mph and as far to the other side of the road as I can get and will never pass them if I can't see round a bend. What's a few moments delay ? If it's dusk and the rider is coming towards me and I have the headlights on I turn them to the parking lights and stop. It's always appreciated.

My wife would love you! (y)

My thoughts are with the horse (and the rider,of course) and invariably I come across them on narrow country roads so I actually stop until the rider(s) is past me
I was screamed at once by two women, on on-coming horse to stop, while driving down a fairly wide country lane in a 16 tonne truck, I'd seen them, and was rolling at a snails pace.
as they drew level it was f*****g stop you c*** ... you could tell they were gentry (y)
I said your'll be sorry but I will.

We all know what happens when you apply the brakes in a lorry ..
A sudden hiss of air....
Allegedly horses hate it as it sounds like a snake.
It took them both awhile to get the horses back under control, and this is what I was trying to avoid. You cant help some people :rolleyes:

I was given a lift to work one day which involved the road through Cusgarne in Cornwall. There were riders ahead of us going the same way as us. My friend drove up behind the horses and when he was about six feet from them leant heavily on his horn. The poor horses nearly jumped off their shoes. Said friend commented that he liked to warn the horses so that he didn't startle them.

You can't blame just the horses. It's just that most have women drivers - a lethal combination. ;) :exit:

Seriously though, there are horses everywhere where I live and I always slow down to a snail's pace if driving a car or van. However, when I'm in my wheelchair I have to stop completely as they're just not used to seeing a hi-vis Dalek zipping along with a dog running alongside. I'd rather avoid going in the road, but as there are no pavements for me to use, I have no choice.

I have a hi-vis 'horsey' vest slung over my seat that reads 'Please pass slow and wide'. I'm amazed by how effective it is - without it people would almost hit me on a regular basis by cutting in so close. The speed limit is 20mph, but most drivers ignore this.

Last edited:
FWIW I do slow down for horses, down to driving under clutch control only and then not hoofing it once I’ve passed.

Back