WBMT.....What baffled me today

Will be buying the coke in at about 75p a bottle or less wholesale, talk about mark up, that's 400%
2ltr bottle of coke is £2.40 in Supermarkets where they will have 20 pallets at a time dropped into their hub by the manufacturer very much doubt its 75p a bottle in a wholesaler
In contrast that takeaway will either have to drive to a wholesaler or have it delivered - neither of which is free so £1.60 isnt outrageous - you dont have to buy it

you dont have to buy it

Certainly don't ...... and I didn't. (y)

£1.60 on every bottle over supermarket prices, that is quite a nice earner. Over the whole menu, it's quite clearly profiteering and no doubt aimed at tourists, who will unwittingly fall for it or have more money then sense. I'm happy to be Welsh and hence, tight. If I wasn't, I wouldn't checked the prices on the overhead display thingy.

Forgetting the drinks, £10 for a tray of doner meat. Enough said and I will leave it at that. :angelic:

Last edited:
Our local kebab shop recently put up their prices from £7.00 for a large Doner to £13.50. I'd hardly call it a large one either. :runaway:

Needless to say, a once regular kebab for dinner is no more - I can get a mixed grill and a couple of pints for that price in the local 'spoons.

The supermarkets ..including Waitrose...are now embarking on price reductions to compete with Aldi and Lidl where many of their customers have gone. The Waitrose customers ,epsecially, will have had a shock..:D

Reactions: Sky
I was on about the 500ml bottles, you get them at Costco on special last week and they worked out at a smidgen under 63p a bottle. I have seen it in vending machines for £2.50 a bottle or more.

Years ago I used to work in a large theatre, 1000+ capacity and we used to mark up the Ice creams by a minimum of 150%. We would by King Cones in at 30p each by the hundreds and turn them over for £1 and that was 30 years ago, I dread to thing what the charge now. In fact we put our prices up as we found out they were less than the other big theatre in the city, so we did a little snooping and matched them.

The supermarkets ..including Waitrose...are now embarking on price reductions to compete with Aldi and Lidl
Tesco has been price matching some products for a very long time.

I just don't get it, for a couple of weeks we have now switched to bins rather than bags for rubbish.

Green bin garden waste & food
Black bin for general waste.
Red bin cardboard & paper
Blue bin for all other recyclables.

This has been on the cards for a couple of years, waiting for the old contract to end, and the new firm to take over.
It's always been Black and green bin weekly.
Red and blue bin alternate weeks.
There have been plenty of notices posting for months saying which bins first.

There are so many FB posts asking "what bins this week" its untrue.
Someone even posted it, in picture form, in a thread, and in that thread, people are still asking which one this week.

What is wrong with some people?

I just don't get it, for a couple of weeks we have now switched to bins rather than bags for rubbish.

This has been on the cards for a couple of years, waiting for the old contract to end, and the new firm to take over.

Someone even posted it, in picture form, in a thread, and in that thread, people are still asking which one this week.

There's bound to be people like that looking out the window on 'bin night'..

Try putting the wrong bins out one night and swtich them for the correct ones after dark :p

Sometimes one week to the next I forget which "week" it is and do eyeball what has been put out! Not so great in winter .......but not am issue a quick check of the Council website puts me right.

Those that blather on in a confusion on FB need to either colour flag a calendar or just check the official website ~ they need to get a 'real life' not a FB :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :LOL:

There's bound to be people like that looking out the window on 'bin night'..

Try putting the wrong bins out one night and swtich them for the correct ones after dark :p
You little tinker, you :LOL:

Those that blather on in a confusion on FB need to either colour flag a calendar
But that's also the point the bins were issued with a calendar,
And there are also idiot proof ones posted on FB every week too.
Well I say idiot proof :rolleyes:

In my area we have:

• Green Bin -General Waste (collected every other week)
  • Brown Bin _ Garden Waste (collected every other week and extra Payment)
  • Box for Bottle and Paper (collected every other week)
  • Box for Plastic and Tins (collected every other week)
  • Bag for cardboard (collected every other week)
If you make a mistake you may be fined. Why can they not have the same system across the country.

Dave

If you make a mistake you may be fined.
They are employing bin police ( 3 I think) at a cost of £30,000 / year to check we get it right!
£100 / per time fine.
It's almost tempting to throw everything in the black bin ( household waste is to be bagged, everything else go in lose).
There are around 120,000 households in MK. that'll keep 'em busy :D

We have pretty much the same system/colurs. Black for household waste collected one week...Green for garden waste (£43 a year)the following week but the blue sack for cardboard and paper, the large green box for tin and plastic, the green box for glass and the small food bin are collected each week. Sometimes I'd forget which wheelie bin.. the black or green had to go out if there wasn't much in them Sometimes I'd wait to see what the neighbour put out but a good while ago I just sat at my iMac and filled in the calendar for the year. Just a couple of weeks ago I had to call on a near neighbour to tell them they'd put out the wrong wheelie bin. If something is in any bin/box that shouldn't be..there's a guide sticker on the black bin lid....they'll leave it rather than take out the offending item.They won't take any cardboard item that isn't inside the blue sack. I've seen large cardboard boxes left on the grass verge. If you buy an item that's in a large cardboard box you have to cut up the box. The wheelie lids must be closed so an over-filled garden waste wheelie bin won't be emptied.

I suppose we are lucky, we only have 2free wheelie bins, both green but with a blue lid for all recycling and a green lid for general, they come in 2 sizes so if you don't have a lot of wast you can have a half size one.
Garden wast is another green bin with a brown lid, this you pay £41 for,
All bins emptied every other week, the garden bin same week as recycling but a different lorry

Garden wast is another green bin with a brown lid, this you pay £41 for,
.Green for garden waste (£43 a year)
They have always stated ours will be free forever.
Its been free for many years, so far, but of course who know what the future holds ;)

Dark grey for rubbish, green for recycling and 'er nextdoors's brown for garden waste (with her blessing, of course!). Recently had food waste as well. Big bins are fortnightly, food waste is every week. (Currently) no kerbside glass collection but there are plenty of bottle banks so it's no big deal to do a monthly run.

It's all very well talking about big bins for those with a front garden or space.

Those in an ancient terrace have very few options, especially where the pavements are three feet wide...

Recycling and rubbish Clyst St Mary A65 DSC00572.JPG

Those in an ancient terrace have very few options, especially where the pavements are three feet wide...
Many new houses here, the front door opens on to a 2 foot wide pavement, before the road.

PITA for those who live down a set of steps too, although our bin men seem to collect (and return) the bins to those properties on our street.

PITA for those who live down a set of steps too, although our bin men seem to collect (and return) the bins to those properties on our street.
I've found my green bin in the next post code before now, but so far the new(?) crews are retuning them to where I left them.

local to me, although under a different local authority, is a row of 10 maisonettes. The front garden is 3 ft wide with a boundary wall against the pavement. Each pair of maisonettes has 6 bins crammed between the front window and the boundary wall. It really offends me that they are not arrange in a similar colour order across all the properties.

local to me, although under a different local authority, is a row of 10 maisonettes. The front garden is 3 ft wide with a boundary wall against the pavement. Each pair of maisonettes has 6 bins crammed between the front window and the boundary wall. It really offends me that they are not arrange in a similar colour order across all the properties.

6? wtf?
Oh and as for your OCD :D

Well..you laugh re OCD. I would also find that annoying. I find anything not in order or symetrical, annoying. No more than that. I would just have to put it right if I could.. Most blokes don't like going into supermarkets with their wives..I do because everything is in order..lined up in rows on the shelves. I recall hearing one of Radio5 Live programmes..Nihal Arthanayake 2.00pm daily, who interviews famous guests and one related a tale...He said that when his mate is coming round for a coffee he would deliberately leave his magazines at all angles on the coffee table knowing that whilst he's making the coffee his mate will put them in order. So would I. If a picture on a wall wasn't straight I'd have to ask to put it straight if I were in someone else's home. I heard a programme on Radio 4 one day about OCD and one professional said that there's no such thing as 'a bit of OCD'. as you will often hear people say . I heard contributers who had their lives absolutely blighted by it and gave examples of their OCD behaviour. I..and I'm sure James, don't have experiences to that degree So what is it ? That came up.The host asked a professional about people who like everything in order and will move things to be orderly. As a young man I asked my mother about it. She told me that from being a very young child..before primary/infant school I was tidy. If I saw a sock sticking out of a chest of draws I'd reach up pull the drawer open a bit and push the sock back in. The professional said it's called Symmetry OCD. I don't experience any other feeling other than a desire for order but it seems that those with an extreme condition do suffer all sorts of negative feelings if whatever isn't in order.

It wouldn't surprise me if James was unaware of this condition. I wasn't until I heard that programme and that was only a couple of years ago.

From an article.
Symmetry OCD is characterized by the need for sameness, orderliness, or perfect arrangement of objects.

Not that long ago I was discussing it with a neighbour who is retired from the army because they are trained to have everything in order. They have accommodation inspections.He thinks it's just having a "tidy mind" and nothing wrong with that. I tend to agree.

If I saw a sock sticking out of a chest of draws I'd reach up pull the drawer open a bit and push the sock back in.
So now if you are tidy, you have OCD?

Some people just love to give names to natural human behaviour,
which in itself must be some kind of disorder

We used to have an HR Director who was very OCD. His pens would be lined up on his desk, his phone always in the exact same spot, no open paperwork, everything in files and put into draws. I used to meet with him once a week to discuss how my team were doing, my favourite pastime was putting my coffee cup down on his desk next to the coaster (not on it) and watch him pick up the cup and move it to the coaster. :LOL: "You're doing that to wind me up aren't you?" he eventually stated......

WBMT?

Where the hell has one running sock that I wore this morning vanished to?

Took it off (with its partner) have done the washing and now there is only one. Checked machine, washing basket and everywhere else I can think that it might be.

Gone!

WBMT?

Took it off (with its partner) have done the washing and now there is only one. Checked machine, washing basket and everywhere else I can think that it might be.

Gone!
All can think of is Vyvyans sock from The Young Ones :exit: :LOL:

Last edited:
Inside its mate?

WBMT?

Gone!

Socks do this to me all the time, I feel your pain.

I have many pairs of tennis socks which also become single from time to time but they do seem to meet up again in the sock drawer,

Dave;)

Back