WCMUT....what cheered me up today

But...but...where are the clouds?
And what's causing that lovely light.
It's the end of the world, I tell you...the end of the world!! :runaway:

I didn't even know Ayrshire had blue skies, lived here 10 years and never saw it before. I thought it only did 2 colours, grey and dark black. ;)

WCMUT?
I needed a few elastic, bands and was contemplating the best place to buy them, as I arrived home.

The elastic band fairy must have heard my prayers,
as I unlocked the door I glanced downward and there was a small nest of a dozen or so right under my letter box (y)

Beat that for delivery Amazon :D

Mrs N. has ordered me a couple of pairs - like you said, a fiver per pair. Hopefully they'll work for me as well as they do for you. (First link works BTW.)

Its not a fix by any means but it makes walking a little more comfortable, and the evenings not quite so painful ... Good luck (y)

WCMUT is the result of the above. As Chris says, the insoles aren't a fix but they have reduced the discomfort significantly, especially combined with a coat of Voltarol applied every few hours. (I went for the every few hours option over the every 12 hours since the rubbing in is a gentle massage for a minute or so which can only help!)

Possibly a side effect but my last 2 golf scores have been pretty good too! (Insoles in golf shoes as well as normal walking trainers.)

As Chris says, the insoles aren't a fix but they have reduced the discomfort significantly,
Great news (y)

WCMUT was being allowed to lick the molasses spoon (NOT a euphemism!!!) and what will cheer me up even more will be the biscuits the treacle's gone into making.

Her in doors took me to see Daliso Chaponda: What The African Said last night at leadmill. Great comedian

Saw that a fellow O's fan I know in passing won 9.3 million quid on Saturdays lottery, so pleased we finally won at home he bought a lucky dip

Just bought a fun car for the summer.
Old....gas guzzler.
The environment bunnies will have a stroke.:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: BBR
Just a 2005 Volvo C70 2.3L T5 GT convertible.
Fun as hell but still comfy.
And if it ever stops raining....... :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: BBR
WCMUT...My cat, Benny, seemingly being on the road to recovery.

He stopped eating last Sunday, and on Wednesday fitted and collapsed, so it was a speedy dash to the vet, where he's been ever since, on a drip and feeding tube.

Many tests ensued.

He turned a corner yesterday when he "mauled" the veterinary nurse!

Benny's now off his drip and feeding tube.
The blood and liver tests indicate that he ate something, plant based, that irritated his intestines so he didn't want to eat. Anorexia, basically.

Not eating or drinking put him into hepatic lipidosis...fatty liver disease, which is why he dropped so much weight, (1.5kg) and why he had a fit.

Seems I got him to the vet just in time as it can quickly be fatal, but it will be some time before we know if there's any permanent liver damage.

He needs to eat, keep it down, and poop, before he can come home.

He stopped eating last Sunday, and on Wednesday fitted and collapsed, so it was a speedy dash to the vet, where he's been ever since, on a drip and feeding tube.

Many tests ensued.

The blood and liver tests indicate that he ate something, plant based, that irritated his intestines so he didn't want to eat. Anorexia, basically.

Not eating or drinking put him into hepatic lipidosis...fatty liver disease, which is why he dropped so much weight, (1.5kg) and why he had a fit.

Seems I got him to the vet just in time as it can quickly be fatal, but it will be some time before we know if there's any permanent liver damage.

Hearing that has cheered me up. We've had a similar thing this week, long story short, Weimaraner not well at all, rush to vet, temperature 40 degress. Injected antibiotics twice and an anti inflamatory injection, and today, he's back to himself.

Cheers me up.

"Your cat's going to be fine.", said the vet, as the ambulance headed off for A&E. :p
She showed me her arm.
All four corners of Benny's pointy bits went in.
Ouch!

Hearing that has cheered me up. We've had a similar thing this week, long story short, Weimaraner not well at all, rush to vet, temperature 40 degress. Injected antibiotics twice and an anti inflamatory injection, and today, he's back to himself.

Cheers me up.

Nightmare isn't it?
Glad your pooch is feeling better.

It's been an expensive exercise, but no regrets.

Well five of his six ends are pointy, and he didn't use one, so I guess he still felt a little under-the-weather.
When she shows you her arm, and it's in a jar on the shelf, then he's coming home (whether he's cured or not!)

Well five of his six ends are pointy, and he didn't use one, so I guess he still felt a little under-the-weather.
When she shows you her arm, and it's in a jar on the shelf, then he's coming home (whether he's cured or not!)

The front pointy end was still full of feeding tube at the time. It was that he was miffed about. :LOL:

Not half as miffed as he would be if it was an enema tube...

Glad he's on the mend and hope the nurse recovers quickly too.

WCMUT was Space Mutiny, MST3K version.

"And our brave hero roasts the disabled man".

It's been a long time since I last actually cried laughing. Well... Since I last watched it I think. The floor cleaner chase was... unreal.

Many tests ensued.

Hope he fully recovered soon.

Seeing a Red Kite this morning cheered me up. Not the first I've seen down here but they're still rare enough to cheer me up when I spot one!

Seeing a Red Kite this morning cheered me up. Not the first I've seen down here but they're still rare enough to cheer me up when I spot one!
A few have made it over here too. Stop the north downs and over Elmlea Marshes. They're a treat to see soaring. :)

How's Benny doing?

How's Benny doing?

He is doing really well, thank you!
He's eating well, and has rewarded me with an eviscerated Starling.
He's gaining weight back nicely.

He needs a blood test each month for three months to see if there's any permanent liver damage, but I'm just enjoying him being home.

He's "cuddlier" than he was previously!

Glad to hear that he's doing well and trying to feed you!

Ours gets cuddly after trips out (which are always to either the V.E.T [she can read... They ALL can!] or to the cattery.) Happy to be home.

Awwww, I love cats. My younger cat has dealt with an overactive thyroid and can't gain much weight. We have him on a special diet, which improved his coat and overall health. So despite being skinny, he's a world of difference from where he was two years ago, when he was diagnosed.

My mum and I decided to go out for supper at the last minute. I had ribs and poutine.

WCMUT

Well, there must have been an update to Chrome, as I have not made any changes, because on the many tabs I have active/open all I used to see was just tabs without any clue as to which one was what website................................but today...............yippee, each one is showing a 'fav icon' making it easy-peasy to see and select the tab I want to bring to the top and see the website/page. :)

Just a very welcome improvement :woot::beer::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

WCMUT. A Sinclair ZX81 that Mrs F found whilst clearing out the garage selling for £75 on Ebay

Back