WCMUT....what cheered me up today

The camera I wanted coming up on mpb within 24 hours of having the money together, should have it ready for Xmas/ new year shutdown :banana:

Still messing with the electrickery then :facepalm: :exit:
Its seems to be OK if you only touch the plastic bits and not the copper bits inside (y)
:D

Following on from my post in the WAMT thread ......

The guys at my local Setyres can do the ripped gaiter on Monday ..... and my Mum is paying! :banana:

I was very pleased to wish my parents a happy 63rd wedding anniversary, genuinely cheered me up with all the crap going on in my life right now.

A chip in from about 80 yards - close to a birdie but I settled for a par!

WP_20171220_003[1061] (2).jpg

67 plate Insignia (nice looking thing to be fair) up behind me today and really pushing me, I just knew he was waiting for a straight. I was plodding and when he goes for it, I boot my little Twingo and say" bye bye".

:whistle:

Left it too late to source a gift locally, so ordered it on Amazon last night at about 10pm, for delivery post-christmas. (No Prime and not paying £9 for the expedited "guaranteed by christmas eve" lark)

Just been delivered by a very smiley Amazon driver! :)

While fettling the chocolate advent calendar packaging for recycling, I discovered 2 days that I had missed earlier in the month..

Went to visit my sister in Hampshire this afternoon. Traffic was easy flowing on the way there and apart from a few miles of 50mph speed limit on the return journey on the M25 it was easy flowing too. Didn't have to queue for the Dartford tunnel and made it all the way through the tunnel without braking too. Did see a couple of cars brake in the tunnel for no good reason though.

Listening to the idiots I work with moaning about a bit of wet snow that wasn't even settling on the roads or pavements.
All moaning about having to go out in it
Roads were clear, some water lying about in places, tomorrow is going to be the nightmare if it freezes tonight

WCMUT was getting all 3 bikes on the same policy, saving me £150 or so on last year's cost. Saga (last year's insurer) would only let me have 2 bikes on a "multi" bike policy so I had to start a new policy for the 3rd bike - with 0 NCB...

WCMUT
1) Decorating mission complete (y)

2) SSE seemed to think I had an out standing balance of just over £15 ok so its not a lot, but the reason I swapped to a different supplier
was they put me on a higher tariff, without notifying me ..
After several ignored emails, I called Customer service, long story short, I said I'll pay, after I've emailed the CEO, to complain about their practices
and hung up.
What cheered me up? Customer service called me back, and as a "Good will gesture" IF I drop the compliant, they will credit my account with the out standing balance ..
Not being a vindictive sorta guy ( although for 15 quid I was tempted :D ) I agreed to their "terms"

Balance of account = £0.00 :)

WCMUT
1) Decorating mission complete (y)

2) SSE seemed to think I had an out standing balance of just over £15 ok so its not a lot, but the reason I swapped to a different supplier
was they put me on a higher tariff, without notifying me ..
After several ignored emails, I called Customer service, long story short, I said I'll pay, after I've emailed the CEO, to complain about their practices
and hung up.
What cheered me up? Customer service called me back, and as a "Good will gesture" IF I drop the compliant, they will credit my account with the out standing balance ..
Not being a vindictive sorta guy ( although for 15 quid I was tempted :D ) I agreed to their "terms"

Balance of account = £0.00 :)

How about e-mailing the CEO and explaining exactly why you're not lodging an official complaint? Still upholding your end of the agreement with their CS dept while satisfying any alleged vindictive streak...

How about e-mailing the CEO and explaining exactly why you're not lodging an official complaint? Still upholding your end of the agreement with their CS dept while satisfying any alleged vindictive streak...
Hmmm now there is a thought ;)
A back handed compliment type thing :D

It was yesterday really but i finally returned to the gym after a month of snot kept me away.

Yesterday actually, finally getting a genuine Nikon Lens hood for my 18-300 walkabout lenses.
Wasted the day yesterday going to Gunwharf Key, really gone downhill to what it used to be.
Went to Cascades and not only got what we went for but found a cracking little camera shop that had the hood in stock
for £12.99

WCMUT...a rather substantial refund of charges from my bank, out of the blue, without even putting in a claim. :D

A further bank refund, same bank, almost 3x the previous one. :)

Finding a third hdmi input on the TV. It was hidden up the side. There are two and a usb port on the back but some ancient pcmcia (!) slot on the side with the hdmi. Would have been more sensible to put the USB and card slot on the side and the 3 hdmis all on the rear together. Fingers crossed it works or it's back to the annoying HDMI switch arrangement :rolleyes:

It was yesterday, but car dealers came through and replaced a broken piece of trim on my car seat. This has been a 4 month wait since I bought the car and I was beginning to wonder whether they were actually trying.
Dealer wasn't too chuffed though. Recaro don't supply the piece of trim as a spare part, so the dealer had to order in a whole seat at a cost of £1300.00 Just to give me a plastic cover no bigger than an inch by 2 inches and about 2mm thick.

I think I've found a Rocket III. Taking it out for a test ride on Sunday unless it's too wet. Drove past the garage and spotted one outside but too late to stop and one of the salesmen has one so I thought it was his. Got home to find an answewrphone message from him, telling me they'd just taken one in and he knows I'm after one so we popped down just before closing to have a quick look and if it's any good, to leave a small refundable deposit on it pending a test ride. Here's hoping it doesn't disappoint.

The Rocket experience was extremely revealing - what a bike! 3rd gear will take you past a school at under 20 mph up to well into ban territory (purely based on tacho readings and extrapolation, honest, ossifer...). It's a big lump but really doesn't feel it, although doubling back around a mini roundabout is less easy than it is on the Bonnie. It simply doesn't notice a pillion - it's marginally heavier up top when 2 up but the rest of the mass is so low, it still doesn't feel top heavy once you're moving. Unfortunately, there were just a few too many slight issues with this particular one so I decided to wait for a newer one, even if it will be more expensive. Unless they've still got it in a week or so, in which case, I might have another look!

WCMUT was rescuing a Goldfinch from the jaws of death - the cat. Didn't spot her when she came in with it so she had a minute or 2 of playtime before we realised and rescued the poor thing. It was panting well and was a bit drooly but other than a few missing feathers, it seemed unhurt so I put it in the bird house atop the feeder table so we could keep an eye on it. After 1/2 an hour it was fairly perky and was perched on the edge and a bit later, it flew off.

Well Friday really, my lovely 15yo Leon passing it's MOT with flying colours, Love that car, hopefully it will keep going will the next one :love:

Having spoken to a couple of Rocket owners and discussing the issues with the salesman, the issues with the particular example of the bike are being sorted and the other issue (almost Harleyesquely agricultural gearbox - normal for a low mileage example). I've changed my mind and have bought the thing. Can't wait for some dry days! :D

Having spoken to a couple of Rocket owners and discussing the issues with the salesman, the issues with the particular example of the bike are being sorted and the other issue (almost Harleyesquely agricultural gearbox - normal for a low mileage example). I've changed my mind and have bought the thing. Can't wait for some dry days! :D
2.3 Litres in 3 cylinders, hmm - torquey?

Just a bit! Apparently the pistons are the same size as those in a Viper. Pretty sure it's the largest capacity (relatively) mass production motorcycle ever marketed. The Boss Hogs are bigger but not exactly mass produced (and hard to find in the UK - but I might have a look!!!) It's an itch I've wanted to scratch since the thing was announced and now I can afford one, I have!

Ha ha! I knew you wouldn't be able to resist ..... they are few and far between (especially decent ones!)

Enjoy! :banana:

I've been looking for a decent one for a couple of years. TBH, I'd rather have one a few years younger (this one's 2005) but the low mileage (around 10,500) and originality makes it a possible investment as well as a fun toy. I'll still keep my eyes open for a younger one and possibly trade this one in against it, unless the values of the earlier ones start rising rapidly.

Looking forward to telling Harley owners that they've got little engines!!! (On the test ride, I saw a load of bikes out for a ride out [club of some sort at a guess] and all waved - apart from the Harley jockeys.)

@Nod Well you know how to tell a Harley rider, don't you? ;)

.... they are labelled!

They used to hate me in my normal bike gear and tiger ears and tail on my helmet! :D

Last edited:
I know why Harley riders always have a fixed grin - to stop their teeth and fillings vibrating out.

I try to wear the wrong t-shirts and belt buckles for the bike I'm riding - Enfield on the Trumps and Triumph on the RE!

Shepton Mallett on Sunday - Bristol Classic Bike Show. (Must charge compact batteries!)

Back