WCMUT....what cheered me up today

Another glorious sunny day so top down. Not sure for how much longer though!

which bits have you seen

I've spent time up on the Moors, Filey (where I'm staying), Whitby town and Abbey, Staithes, Castle Howard....Just loving it.

Petrol though...a good 5p per litre more expensive than my corner of Kent. Ouch!

Edit...today is the first bit of dodgy weather all week, but not until after I sat and waiting for the sunrise and crashing high-rise waves.
Winning! :)

Last edited:
Crashing waves, sounds a bit like Filey Brigg.
Ok well, I can recommend a pootle in to Pickering or Beverly for a bit of a wander and you really ought to do lunch or something at The Lion Inn on Blakey Ridge if you get chance..:)

Took the Freelander into KwikFit this morning after noticing a semi-flat tyre over the weekend due to a slow puncture.

The technician there sorted it and I was told it was a leaking valve core, duly replaced. No charge whatsoever, since they only cost about 2p

Delighted, and hence will be going back there. Chap spent a good 10-15 minutes on it, and labour (and expertise) isn't free.

Took the Freelander into KwikFit this morning after noticing a semi-flat tyre over the weekend due to a slow puncture.

The technician there sorted it and I was told it was a leaking valve core, duly replaced. No charge whatsoever, since they only cost about 2p

Delighted, and hence will be going back there. Chap spent a good 10-15 minutes on it, and labour (and expertise) isn't free.

I have had similar great service from my local Kwik Fit. I think 10-15 years ago they were an independent or small chain then bought by KF. At least one of those staff remain and they have been efficient and honest!!! Best thing to do is to put this on their FB page. People are too quick to moan about poor service, I did this with someone at B&Q last year as I felt they deserved a pat on the back.

Had £500 deposited into my bank account last Thursday with no explanation and no reference on the transfer.

Been a good boy and not touched it... Got a letter through the post, it's all mine to settle my complaint from TSB in April

what could you possibly have had to complain about whilst being a TSB customer...:rolleyes:

Using the heated windscreen on my car for the first time :)

Little things please .....

Using the heated windscreen on my car for the first time :)

Little things please .....
Wish I had that. Instead of having to pour water over the windows and defrost and demist them. Took me 10 minutes before I could drive off.

Chatting to two lovely men on the phone and saving a fortune on broadband, mobile phone and car insurance

Also partly what baffled me today, after being annoyed at trying to book concert tickets this morning only the website to keep crashing and having to return to an earlier step in the process until it failed again at the confirm payment stage and then inform me that presale allotted tickets were now gone.
I just tried again through a Facebook link and it all went through.
My two sons and I now have tickets booked to see Kiss next July. ;)

Ordering the replacement for my 40D.
Love that camera, but with recent recurring issues I've decided that at 10 years it's served it's time well.

New (to me) camera arrived! :banana:

Buying the new Jurrasic park DVD and getting a free lego kit, including a velociraptor :love:

DVD sales outstrip Blu Ray by a huge margin.

Aren't bluray a form of DVD ?
No I don't do downloads, don't watch that many films so why pay for a monthly subscription

So, after this from the other week in he WAMT thread

Weekly Shopper Discount!

Found out they've been taking £10 a month out of our account for the last 6 months. They're claiming Mrs F signed up for it when she purchased something online, not a bloody chance!

A quick google says that this isn't an isolated case!

Mrs F contacted them straight away and they refunded 3 week worth but would have to complete a claim form for ay more, which she did. Thought no more about it until she got this in an email today

"We have received your claim form and confirm that we have issued the additional credit of £560 as per your request as well as the 3 refunds issued when you initially contacted us.

This additional refunds will appear as 56 individual credits of £10 on your credit or debit card account within the next 3 to 5 working days."

:)

Thought no more about it until she got this in an email today
Result (y)

(Just make sure you count them, not that I'm a cynical old b*****d or anything :D )

Jellied Eels (y)

Thought you might like that, Ruth!

So, after this from the other week in he WAMT thread

Mrs F contacted them straight away and they refunded 3 week worth but would have to complete a claim form for ay more, which she did. Thought no more about it until she got this in an email today

"We have received your claim form and confirm that we have issued the additional credit of £560 as per your request as well as the 3 refunds issued when you initially contacted us.

This additional refunds will appear as 56 individual credits of £10 on your credit or debit card account within the next 3 to 5 working days."

:)

Hit our account yesterday! :)

Sloe's now bottled, gin and sugar added ...
Just gotta wait for it to steep now :)

Back