WCMUT....what cheered me up today

Decided to experiment in the kitchen this evening so made a french onion soup.........................with Guinness & Marmite! :cool:

It was delicious! (y)

My pressure washer died a few weeks ago,
I was looking for a direct replacement obviously mine is god knows how many years old, so that is out of the question.
I found one I liked, and similar at £125, I've been ummming and ahhhhing for a few weeks...
I see that it now has £30 off in the black Friday rip off sale.
Thank you very much, I'll have that (y)
I've spent most of the evening wondering what a £100 pressure cooker might have to offer over my £30 one.

Now realise it's a pressure washer...

Crap for cooking a stew but great for getting it off the bottom of the pan!!!

WCMUT was a window of dry road and no rain for JUST long enough to get the Bobber down to the chap who's swapping the cases over for me. Also, managing to get a quick round in in the dry (sort of!), even if it was on temporary greens.

Canon's Black Friday sale. Finally took the plunge on a lens after 5 years of dithering. £190 off.

Tickets booked for Hollwood Vampires (Alice Cooper, Jonny Depp and Aerosmith's Joe Perry) playing at the O2 next September.
That's my sons stag do sorted. Told him he has to dress as Alice Cooper. :)
Also got tickets booked for Zakk Sabbath, ( Ozzy's guitarist Zakk Wilde's Black Sabbath Tribute band) that one is booked for Valentines day at The Garage Higbury Corner.

More amused than cheered.
Just watching a man and woman with their adult daughter loading a large widescreen TV they have just bought in Tesco, into the back of their car. They just about managed to get the tailgate shut, the box is hard up against the rear screen and even though the box is tilted at an angle, it looks like it may also be touching the roof lining. Why is all that amusing? They have just spent a good few minutes looking at it and are now deciding which one of them is getting a bus or taxi home as their 5 seater car which got the three of them comfortably to Tesco, is now just a two seater.
;)

Found a (non bikerish!) leather coat/jacket that fits me decently. Chap in the shop got his wife to bring another couple from his store in a different colour but the sleeves were too short for my simian arms! Ended up with the one that first caught my eye and he threw in a couple of key fobs as well as knocking a tenner off for Mrs Nod (who bought it for me as a belated birthday present.) Result! Nice plate of fish and chips was a bonus, as was the weather in North Cornwall today - not perfect but dry.

Just watching a man and woman with their adult daughter loading a large widescreen TV they have just bought in Tesco, into the back of their car.

Try sitting at the window in the cafe at IKEA Croydon,it's hilarious what people think will fit in their
cars.
Funniest was watching a man trying to fit a large full length mirror in a Mercedes sports, soft top, but
it wouldn't even fit behind the seats without safely. No idea what he did, last I saw he was taking it back into the shop

Try sitting at the window in the cafe at IKEA Croydon,it's hilarious what people think will fit in their
cars.
Funniest was watching a man trying to fit a large full length mirror in a Mercedes sports, soft top, but
it wouldn't even fit behind the seats without safely. No idea what he did, last I saw he was taking it back into the shop
Something similar somewhere in Essex. The woman still didn't see that she had a problem even when stopped by the police.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-essex-50306577

Something similar somewhere in Essex. The woman still didn't see that she had a problem even when stopped by the police.

A BMW, no surprises there then :rolleyes:, the mirror was only slightly smaller, but at least it was taken back

I was going to post this in WAMT. Bought a Canon lens from their UK store on Friday. Then got a notification that it was going to be delivered on Tuesday by UPS. No one is home on Tuesday so I tried to change the delivery date but the website wouldn’t let me (“technical error”). Went online this morning to deliver it to a local newsagents so I don’t have to schlepp all the way to the UPS hub to collect it. Went home for lunch because of traffic to find UPS had delivered it (wife was home today).

Yay new toy!

Still having 2 flowers on a miniature rose. This is the best of the 2.

DSCF5368.jpg

Even better to be able to eat toast! My dentist keeps trying to talk me into some implants but as long as I can eat corn on the cob with my teef, I'll stick with the denture!

I slept all through last night without getting up 5 or 6 times to visit the loo.

The joys of getting old!
In that case I can't wait to get old if I can go "Through the night"

:D

I think you have taken my post out of context,
Not at all, it was in reference to you not having to get up though the night, to go to the loo, once you are old,
If you read your post again, you will see that it can be taken either way :D

Not at all, it was in reference to you not having to get up though the night, to go to the loo, once you are old,
If you read your post again, you will see that it can be taken either way :D

To 'take it the other way' and get through the night I would need a few of those blue tablets........

WCMUT

Seeing my first Blackcap in the garden...........................at least I don't recall seeing one :D

PS I grabbed a few photographs through the window, so if good enough will share it in due course ;)

To 'take it the other way' and get through the night I would need a few of those blue tablets........
Nope not that way either ..
Getting old stops you getting up several times in the night to go to the loo.... :p

Marc, Guinness & Marmite?

The must be some self-help groups out there for you my friend........

I should add, the marmites enriches the taste, you can't actually taste marmite (I only used 1/2 a teaspoon). As for the Guinness, it was from a bottle, cooking is the only thing it's good for!

I slept all through last night without getting up 5 or 6 times to visit the loo.

The joys of getting old!
Getting old stops you getting up several times in the night to go to the loo.... :p

Staying in bed for it could cause friction between Mr and Mrs Baz...

It seems it hasn't rained enough yet, so the deities have decided to send us more.
At least the pond is staying well topped up (y)

:rolleyes:

Made a calm complaint online to Morrisons about the quality of an own brand product yesterday.
Today I received an apology, a promise to investigate QC practice and a rather large amount of "More" points.
Pretty good response from their customer service, I'd say.

Seeing a female sparrowhawk sat on the tree outside our kitchen window, no more than 10 feet away. She had scared all the birds away from our bird feeders though. After 5 minutes off she flew, like a 'hawk'......

The joys of getting old!

I was suffering from that a few years ago. My wife has been in nursing for many years and she asked me to stop drinking coffe and tea for a week... problem solved. I used to drink a lot of tea,especially and a few mugs,not cups..of coffee. I now have a cuppa with breakfast. 11.00am. 1.00pm with lunch. 3.45pm a coffee..the Tasimo pods..last cuppa(tea) at 7.00pm and usually a small cup not a large mug. However, ageing brings or can bring prostate/bladder problems.

https://www.sleepfoundation.org/articles/nocturia-or-frequent-urination-night

I was suffering from that a few years ago. My wife has been in nursing for many years and she asked me to stop drinking coffe and tea for a week... problem solved. I used to drink a lot of tea,especially and a few mugs,not cups..of coffee. I now have a cuppa with breakfast. 11.00am. 1.00pm with lunch. 3.45pm a coffee..the Tasimo pods..last cuppa(tea) at 7.00pm and usually a small cup not a large mug. However, ageing brings or can bring prostate/bladder problems.

Tea seems to go through me these days, use to drink it by the bucket but just have the one before I leave for work in the morning now. Mainly drink water at work through the day and careful how much I drink in the evenings.

I went through similar (although I'm only 55). I switched to decaf coffee and not having hot drinks after 6pm and not had any problems since.

Tea seems to go through me these days, use to drink it by the bucket but just have the one before I leave for work in the morning now. Mainly drink water at work through the day and careful how much I drink in the evenings.
Downside to that is you need to make sure you flush your system or you'll end up with a UTI, which from the outside looks like you're going off your head. My FIL was awful at drinking enough and got 3 UTI on the trot (is that a pun?). Any ways now he drinks enough and has had very little trouble "down there".

Well, what a day!

Things come in threes!

First good thing was that after day after day of miserable weather we had a sunny but cold day. Second good thing was that I escaped for a couple of hours with a camera :D It was just a walk to the shops but any time out with a blue sky and a camera is welcome :D Then in the evening the third good thing was we went to a Panto and saw that judge woman from the strictly, she played Mother Nature.

What did the man say, one day like this a year will see me right.

Back