WCMUT....what cheered me up today

Just watching Parliament,it started 20 minutes ago regarding the EU Withdrawal Bill (Second Reading) and just before it the started Speaker Lindsay Hoyle swore in about 5 new MPs who missed yesterday’s session. He held a card for them to read from and I can’t recall all of it but it included swearing allegiance to the Queen and her heirs.I did hear one MP say ...the Queen and her hairs..lol.

I wonder if Boris’s girlfriend Carrie Symmonds , will buy him a hair brush for Christmas..lol. Anyway, he’s started with an olive branch to the Remainers and those who rejected the terms of the previous deal.

I have to say it’s quite refreshing hearing how he’s speaking, sometimes with humour. Quite a different tone to that we’re used to In Parliament. Oh.. Jeremy Corbyn’s on his feet now. Says we have to respect the 2016 vote and move on but he’s always been a Leaver. To be fair‘ he’s acquitting himself quite well..so far ..in criticising the deal and highlighting the possibility of no deal. Says Labour won’t be voting for it but that’s irrelevant now.

The mixer tap in our bathroom has been dripping and when my sis came to visit she mentioned having her toilet cistern replaced so I thought I'd ring her plumber and get a price for fixing the tap. Great stuff! He could come tomorrow! We sent him a picture of the tap and he said it'd be £60 for a new tap (as apparently you don't replace washers any more) and the total bill would be.... £300. So he wanted £240 to fit it? Really? Is that the going rate? Maybe.

So off I went to B&Q and bought a new tap for £45 and fitted it myself using just a screwdriver an adjustable spanner and mole grips. I saved £250 :D I also removed, cleaned and refitted the waste pipes and replaced the plug chain while I was at it. Maybe I should be a plumber. Replacing a tap a day would be a good income :D

Last edited:
So off I went to B&Q and bought a new tap for £45 and fitted it myself using just a screwdriver an adjustable spanner and mole grips. I saved £250
Really? and you are proud of yourself for taking money away from poor plumbers at this time of year? how will he feed his wife and 10 kids now, Eh?
:D

Last edited:
Driving along on a wet dual carriageway at 70mph, a safe distance from the car in front, catching up with traffic on inside lane and no cars behind me so not worth pulling over, I get undertaken by an idiot who must have just come off the slip road I had just passed. The idiot then pulls over in front of me and keeps breaking even though he is quite a distance from the car in front. I have to endure a couple of miles of this and as we approach the M25 junction, he starts slowing further whilst nothing in front of him, he then indicates to pull over to the left as the M25 slip road starts and nearly rear ends a car that has just pulled off onto the slip road from the inside lane. To make matters worse, he had at least two young kids in the back of the car and as I could only see the tops of their heads, there is no way that they were sitting in child seats or on booster seats.

Driving along on a wet dual carriageway at 70mph, a safe distance from the car in front, catching up with traffic on inside lane and no cars behind me so not worth pulling over, I get undertaken by an idiot who must have just come off the slip road I had just passed. The idiot then pulls over in front of me and keeps breaking even though he is quite a distance from the car in front. I have to endure a couple of miles of this and as we approach the M25 junction, he starts slowing further whilst nothing in front of him, he then indicates to pull over to the left as the M25 slip road starts and nearly rear ends a car that has just pulled off onto the slip road from the inside lane. To make matters worse, he had at least two young kids in the back of the car and as I could only see the tops of their heads, there is no way that they were sitting in child seats or on booster seats.
I realise I have posted this in the wrong thread but I lay the blame on the snake. ;)

I realise I have posted this in the wrong thread but I lay the blame on the snake.
I have no idea what you are talking about :thinking:

WCMUT?
New printer delivered nice and early this morning, followed by the data cable an hour later ..
Good old "prime" :D

I hadn't realised just how noisy the old one had become tbh..

I have no idea what you are talking about :thinking:
Abusing your admin rights.
Tut tut!
If you're going to delete your bits, you could have at least moved my post to the correct thread.

What will cheer me up tomorrow is the days getting (fractionally!) longer again.

What will cheer me up tomorrow is the days getting (fractionally!) longer again.
Afraid you will have to wait until Monday for that. Tomorrow is the winter solstice.

Really? and you are proud of yourself for taking money away from poor plumbers at this time of year? how will he feed his wife and 10 kids now, Eh?
:D

At least he didn't laugh when he gave me the quote.

It must be mild, got some video of a hedgehog in the garden last night :p

There was a snail climbing up the front door last night. Hedgy's probably out getting Xmas dinner early.

Waking up and realising it's Christmas Eve, Eve. :woot:

It must be mild, got some video of a hedgehog in the garden last night :p

Here in London we have been lucky enough to have a hedgehog as a regular visitor most evenings.

Last year the hedgehog we had visiting disappeared in the winter so I'm guessing it hibernated. I can't remember when that happened but it wasn't around for a couple of months at least, but it has been very mild(if very wet) recently so if enough food is available perhaps they will stick around.

Dave

Trying to be quiet and not disturb the wife, I got up and had a wash in the dark. Came back to the bedroom, leant over to turn on the bedside lamp and let one rip. It was loud. Very loud. Wife half woke up, turned and pointed at me and said "Did you call me?" I just burst out laughing.

Trying to be quiet and not disturb the wife, I got up and had a wash in the dark. Came back to the bedroom, leant over to turn on the bedside lamp and let one rip. It was loud. Very loud. Wife half woke up, turned and pointed at me and said "Did you call me?" I just burst out laughing.
So it wasn't accidental, you deliberately leant over to let one rip? :)

Getting round in the dry then getting back into town with no traffic delays.

AND getting a call to offer me a cancellation spot for my annual Diabetic Retinopathy check-up - 14:30 rather than the original 15:55. Got there extra early (easier to go straight from picking Mrs Nod up from work - she had to drive me home [see WAMT thread…]) and was home by 14:45. Lamb stabbed and garlicified/marinated. Should get normalish vision just in time for crap commercialmas eve telly!

Well that's Hans Gruber over the side of the Nakatomi Plaza !
I guess Its Christmas (y)

I guess Its Christmas (y)
I think colonel Stewart will shortly reach an equally sticky end at IAD airport. :LOL:

There was a review of "Robin Hood Prince of Thieves" which included the following advice to thespians: "Never act with animals, children or Alan Rickman. Your career might survive; then again, it might not." :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

There was a review of "Robin Hood Prince of Thieves" which included the following advice to thespians: "Never act with animals, children or Alan Rickman. Your career might survive; then again, it might not." :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

We’re not skin- flints ..honest..but we buy the likes of christmas pudding/cakes...er....after christmas..lol. My wife saw a christmas cake in Morrison’s on Tuesday afternoon at £11..only £4 off. This afternoon she returned to find it at £7. She bought it..for me really as she doesn’t eat cake..I don’t think many women do. It’s superb, very moist and lovely soft icing. It measures 2 1/2 “ height by 6 1/2 “ width..on it is written..serves 22..:)

We’re not skin- flints ..honest..but we buy the likes of christmas pudding/cakes...er....after christmas..lol. My wife saw a christmas cake in Morrison’s on Tuesday afternoon at £11..only £4 off. This afternoon she returned to find it at £7. She bought it..for me really as she doesn’t eat cake..I don’t think many women do. It’s superb, very moist and lovely soft icing. It measures 2 1/2 “ height by 6 1/2 “ width..on it is written..serves 22..:)
Don't blame you.
Christmas puddings bought now will be good until mid 2021.

We’re not skin- flints
I have been known to buy Christmas cards and wrapping paper just after one Christmas and store them in the loft for the following year. Not as bad as my wife who will buy all sorts of stuff during the Boxing Day sales and use them as presents for birthdays or Christmas the following year.

Left-overs
All sorts of culinary delights from Bubble & Squeak to jelly and ice cream (y)

Back