WCMUT....what cheered me up today

We watched "Yesterday" today and those Beatles songs :D In my teens I used to listen to the Beatles pretty much non stop but I can't remember the last time I played their records.

Wcmut - bit of gardening, repositioned an Astilbe.
Managed to get the storage unit on top of the kitchen cooker cupboard, sounds weird but it looks good. Undercoated the doors, and top coated the inner face of the doors, tomorrow will do the outer faces. Should look really nice and provide (even) more storage, total cost virtually nothing, had the cupboard and the paint, just need 2wooden knobs and we're good to go.

Last edited:
We watched "Yesterday" today and those Beatles songs :D In my teens I used to listen to the Beatles pretty much non stop but I can't remember the last time I played their records.

We've yet to watch it but will do so soon. Always been a Beatles fan, even though I wasn't born until after they became famous, and listen to their music regularly. Even easier with the Alexa.

We've yet to watch it
I watched it Yesterday, ( :D )
I'm not really a Beatles fan TBH, But it was a good fun film...

WCMUT was waking up with the spasm in my back almost completely relaxed. In normal times, I'd have got a masseur mate of mine to give it a going over yesterday but had to hope that a Nurofen+ would do the trick. Luckily, it seems that in this case, the Verve got it wrong.

WCMUT?

This is gonna sound weird, it sounds weird to me ..
Looking forward to going back to work tomorrow! (I'm an essential service provider)
I pulled up the drawbridge when I got home around mid day Thurs, I've been no further than the end of my garden since....

How you guys manage 7 / 10 /14 day's I'll never know ..
Thankfully I work alone, rarely see anyone else, let alone come within 50 yards of them if I do.
At least I'll get out in the fresh air. And a complete change of scenery for a few hours ...

WCMUT?

Looking forward to going back to work tomorrow! (I'm an essential service provider)
I pulled up the drawbridge when I got home around mid day Thurs, I've been no further than the end of my garden since....

Thankfully I work alone, rarely see anyone else, let alone come within 50 yards of them if I do.
At least I'll get out in the fresh air. And a complete change of scenery for a few hours ...
I'm hoping I can return to work next Monday, not received an update informing otherwise yet. Production plants recieved letters last week that they are off to May. As I work alone, it's easy to keep a distance from others.

WCMUT?

Because it's the right thing to do so as to protect ourselves and others and more importantly to expose NHS staff to as little danger as possible.
Tbh it shouldn't be that hard for most of us.

Because it's the right thing to do
Don't get me wrong, I'd do it if I absolultey had to but as above 4 days and I'm stir crazy 14 days and I'd be a total wreck!
( I'm mildly claustrophobic, I can get in lifts briefly , but the sooner I'm out the happier I am )

Realising that if I connect the battery the right way round the transistor will stop smoking....

Don't get me wrong, I'd do it if I absolultey had to but as above 4 days and I'm stir crazy 14 days and I'd be a total wreck!
( I'm mildly claustrophobic, I can get in lifts briefly , but the sooner I'm out the happier I am )
Wasn't meant as a criticism.

WCMUT?

Had some practice staying in a few years ago... It's harder now I can get up and move around but it's still better than the possible alternative. Our logical block for walking round is only a couple of miles and always ends up on an uphill stretch and the next size block is around 4 miles so we are just zigzagging around the shorter walk, stretching it a little while taking evasive action around other exercisers!
Been doing some gardening but running out of space, pots and compost - no space for a pig and no smoker to make bacon... Not sure that Mrs Nod would be too happy with me home producing meat, either!
We both miss going out for lunch but will make up for all this when restrictions are lifted. Besides, the money we're saving by eating in instead will be handy!

We've yet to watch it but will do so soon. Always been a Beatles fan, even though I wasn't born until after they became famous, and listen to their music regularly. Even easier with the Alexa.

I think you'll like it. I loved it and would have watched it again today if I could.

My new macro lens has arrived this morning :), I've shot a couple of pictures and I can already tell I'm going to love it. (y)

Bought a LED ring light/flash from Amazon at 12.30 Sunday. It arrived just after 12 yesterday. I paid a smidgeon over £10.00 for it and was expecting something cheap and nasty to keep me out of mischief for the next week or two. It is actually quite well made and works very well.

The centre where I go for physio/exercise class has been closed for 3 weeks but the physiotherapist set up a class from her home using zoom this morning. Really enjoyable and good to chat to other people (18 attendees)

And again this morning. :)

I'll swap a 6" square for a 4GB CF card!!!

Don't forget to install some anti virus...

Signing out some PPE today at work (don't get excited: a new hard hat since my previous one went missing in an office move) - I called into stores to ask the stores clerk (she's a harsh but fair clerk) for the item... She asked if I had any particular colour hat by preference... Quick as a flash I said purple - "righty ho" and she went off to check... Came back and clocked me on the side of the head with a red one and said "cheeky sod, you just wanted that helmet to pop up on the cross-charge!" Guilty as charged.

We had a laugh about it - it was only when I got back to my office though that I spotted the writing on the inside of the new hard hat "my other helmet is purple" - cheeky wee minx

Maybe one for other Northerner's too.

This morning it was nice to hear the newsreader say "face mask" instead of " face maaarsk". Since the past few weeks or so, all I seem to hear is "face maaarsk". :)

A lovely very friendly dog cheered us all up today :D I saw him and his owner when I dropped a shopping list off next door and the dog came running up crying and wagging his tail like mad as if I was his long lost daddy :D He was overcome :D Later we had the front door open talking to someone and he came running in acting just the same :D His owner looked a little bored with it all and apologised but we weren't annoyed at all and loved the friendly dog :D

This could have quite easily have ended up in the WAMT thread.
Having been furloughed for three and a half weeks, I was supposed to return to work today. At around 11:30 today, the post arrived, including a letter from work advising the furlough was being extended until Friday 24th. Good job I am on late shift, I wonder how many of the early shift went in this morning. :)

Glorious sunshine for our wedding anniversary! (And remembering that it is our anniversary too!) A delivery of coffee pods means that we've got a few weeks' worth too.

Decided to have a main course of apple pie and custard for lunch. We have to stick to the rules...

...of growing old disgracefully! :banana:

Apple pie and custard GX7 P1140469.JPG

Back