WCMUT....what cheered me up today

More what cheered everyone else up especially Mrs WW who hasn't stopped laughing.

I got some new cordless hair clippers yesterday and headed out to sit on the garden bench and cut my hair. Mrs WW insisted on getting involved and although she did a good job on top she cut very short at the sides and scalped me at the back and front where she effectively shaved me.

Mrs WW had stopped laughing until my sister chipped in with "Good Grief" and that set her off again.

Oh well :D

Getting an email from an author within 5 minutes of me posting a query on her website re the chronological order of her books within a series. It was driving me bonkers trying to work out which book came next. :D

Getting out on the course. Played cr@p but it was good to see the rest of the chaps - at a distance! Easier to stay socially distant out there than on a walk round the block.

Firstly, what cheered the wife up yesterday: Last year, her 9 year old Macbook air was on its last legs. As she only really used it for the internet and Office, she bought herself a cheap windows laptop and she absolutely hates it. So I ordered her a Macbook Pro as an early birthday present for delivery Thursday (tomorrow).

What cheered the wife up today: Got an email to say that it is being delivered this afternoon.

Ah yes that reminds me, I started a new job recently and the foreman said its all very informal here,
we all use each others nick names to address one another, what's yours?
Well I had to confess that I didn't have one, so I said ask me again in a couple of weeks, and I would have thought of something.

Sure enough, 2 weeks later he asked me again, I said yes, call me Kermit.
That's strange he said, why did you pick that?

Well I said its very clear after a couple of weeks that I appear to be working with a load of f*****g Muppets ...
:D

The Honeymoon we won has been transferred from October to April next year (Now flying out the day after the wedding). Flight out now booked as well a couple of days before we get picked up so we can see a bit of Singapore.

Once the leave is confirmed then it'll be sorting out accommodation/flights when we return from our 4 day prize going onwards to Borneo

The Honeymoon we won has been transferred from October to April next year (Now flying out the day after the wedding). Flight out now booked as well a couple of days before we get picked up so we can see a bit of Singapore.

Once the leave is confirmed then it'll be sorting out accommodation/flights when we return from our 4 day prize going onwards to Borneo

We went to Singapore last August and I loved it, everything apart from the price of some stuff.

Here's hoping you and your brand new other half love it too :D

We went to Singapore last August and I loved it, everything apart from the price of some stuff.

Here's hoping you and your brand new other half love it too :D

Thanks. Got the Monday and Tuesday in Singapore before we are picked up Wednesday morning to head to the won Honeymoon ( https://www.bawahreserve.com/ )). Any recommendations in the couple of days in Singapore would be welcome

Oh gosh there's just so much... I loved the garden by the bay even though it was packed and I also loved the hawker food markets. I just loved everything about it though, the shopping centres, the boat on the top of those buildings, the transport infrastructure and even the airport is worth seeing with that amazing Jewel water feature :D

The only thing that spoiled it slightly for me was that while we were there it was hot and humid but we saw very little blue sky as Indonesia was on fire at the time so most of the time the sky was just a nothingness.

I'd say the garden by the bay and a feed at a hawker market are musts and there's an excellent The Deep type aquarium there too. I'd be wary of buying too much as prices for some stuff is anything from double to five times the prices in the UK. We did get a nice jade bangle at a reasonable price though but that included haggling. Everyone in the family wants them now but the one we got from Singapore is easily better than the Chinese ones we got on line in the UK.

Hope you enjoy it. I'm sure you will.

Ordered replacement pads for the tens machine from Amazon at 4.40pm yesterday, with non Prime delivery by Tuesday next week. Perfectly fine.

Just been delivered!

Ordered replacement pads for the tens machine from Amazon at 4.40pm yesterday, with non Prime delivery by Tuesday next week. Perfectly fine.
Just been delivered!
These people can do it if they try (y)

I ordered something from fleabay 14:15 yesterday, arrived before 14:15 today (y)

Going out for a ride on my bike - always cheers me up, until I realise how slow and unfit I am :banana:

Mrs F's season ticket refund has come through. As she only bought it in January and she has had 2 instalments deducted from her salary since "handing it in", when she pays the balance of the season ticket loan, that's the macbook paid for. :D

Had a little google map look and our hotel is a 25 minute walk from here, so will deffo be heading there. Thanks :)

Excellent, also I'd try to see the Merlion all lit up at night if possible as the whole area with the Merlion, the ship on the roof etc all lit up is lovely.

That garden by the bay though, it's just lovely despite the crowds but I suppose it depends when you go.

PS.
I've just googled and the merlion is apparently 2km from the garden by the bay.

Last edited:
Excellent, also I'd try to see the Merlion all lit up at night if possible as the whole area with the Merlion, the ship on the roof etc all lit up is lovely.

That garden by the bay though, it's just lovely despite the crowds but I suppose it depends when you go.

PS.
I've just googled and the merlion is apparently 2km from the garden by the bay.

Just had a look at the Merlion myself and it looks like it adds 10 minutes onto the Journey to the Garden from our hotel, so will add that to the list :).

Just had a look at some drinks prices... WOW! Wont be drinking to get p***ed very often :p

Asda delivery tonight. :banana:

First time use ... very impressed (y)

Got a slot on Wednesday night after damaging myself, registered no problem and website easy (for me!) to use. Amended order a couple of times before the cut off time and got confirmation emails of the changes. Email this morning to let me know one item was out of stock and delivery would be between 8pm and 9pm tonight.

He was 10 mins early, very polite and helpful ... maybe I am currently in an alternative universe! :D

Asda delivery tonight. :banana:

First time use ... very impressed (y)

Got a slot on Wednesday night after damaging myself, registered no problem and website easy (for me!) to use. Amended order a couple of times before the cut off time and got confirmation emails of the changes. Email this morning to let me know one item was out of stock and delivery would be between 8pm and 9pm tonight.

He was 10 mins early, very polite and helpful ... maybe I am currently in an alternative universe! :D

We have been using groceries deliveries for a few years now. Apart from buying a few fresh things(and even fresh stuff on delivery is good) now and again I find going to the local Tesco supermarket and then lugging heavy shopping back home holds no attraction for me. The deliveries have always been good and I don't think we have even had problem.

I was a bit more difficult getting a slot in the early days of Covid19 - needing to log on around midnight - but it seems to have settled down now.

I don't know but I'd like to think a van delivering groceries to a number of houses is a bit more environmentally friendly than lots of people driving to the store themselves.

Dave

Our lawns are covered with daisies and buttercups which I like but as I'll have to get round to cutting them we picked some today and put them on the window ledge in the kitchen :D

P1040831.jpg

On the gardening theme... It was yesterday actually,... but discovering we had a good crop of bananas... sadly probably not edible, but we might try..

20200526-BCO30418.jpg

I dunno - there may be a market for Candida bread...

:puke:

WCMU earlier today (07:30, give or take the odd minute) was seeing a fox with a squirrel in its mouth jump over opposite's gate into their (very neglected and overgrown) back garden. Seen foxes around fairly often but it's the first sighting so far this year and the first ever with prey - maybe there's a den back there, possibly with cubs.

Mrs WW has a plastic basket type thing she takes in to the bathroom with her filled with bottles and tubs of things which I suppose are all Lady Things. I'm not allowed to touch :D

Anyway, she left it in the bathroom so I took it into the bedroom for her and while she wasn't looking I sneaked an old duff lens (damaged coatings) in and hid it under a few items. Just a silly thing to annoy and show her I fiddled with the out of bounds basket :D

This morning she'd cleared a top and there was just one thing right in the middle, my old duff lens :D

Mrs WW has a plastic basket type thing she takes in to the bathroom with her filled with bottles and tubs of things which I suppose are all Lady Things. I'm not allowed to touch :D

Anyway, she left it in the bathroom so I took it into the bedroom for her and while she wasn't looking I sneaked an old duff lens (damaged coatings) in and hid it under a few items. Just a silly thing to annoy and show her I fiddled with the out of bounds basket :D

This morning she'd cleared a top and there was just one thing right in the middle, my old duff lens :D
I think you're starting to crack....:LOL:

WCMU earlier today (07:30, give or take the odd minute) was seeing a fox with a squirrel in its mouth jump over opposite's gate into their (very neglected and overgrown) back garden. Seen foxes around fairly often but it's the first sighting so far this year and the first ever with prey - maybe there's a den back there, possibly with cubs.
Our garden is deliberately wild to encourage insects and wildlife. We don't seem to have attracted foxes. Disappointing really because the garden at our other house was neat, tidy and a regular route for foxes. Maybe they're just neat freaks! :naughty:

I dunno - there may be a market for Candida bread...

:puke:
Its called sourdough - the yeasts are Candida milleri and Candida humilis - together with lactobacteria..

Last edited:
Finally got my adjustable dumbbells. I’d been eyeing them ever before Coronavirus was in the news but they were always out of stock. I doubt I’ll be able to go to the gym freely until towards the end of the year.

These dumbbells are going for 50% more on ebay.

The 2 convertible benches I tried to get from amazon but ended up ordering from Wayfair arrived ahead of schedule and were easy to assemble with a little help from Mrs Nod. One now on patio with a seat back, the other just outside the back door with the back set horizontal as a table top.

There's just been an LV insurance ad on tv and they said your "personal equipment" will be covered. That's jolly decent of them. A chap can sleep soundly knowing that.

Probably only of interest to those of a certain age, old people, like me :)

Back