WCMUT....what cheered me up today

Toasted home made fruit bread smothered with home made orange and blueberry jam, or is it marmalade? Lovely :D

Toasted home made fruit bread smothered with home made orange and blueberry jam, or is it marmalade? Lovely :D

I’m banned from eating marmalade (strictly speaking Seville Orange but that’s the only kind worth eating) due to drug interactions -- it’s joined grapefruit for the same reasons ;( Enjoy it while you can :).

So why do you think it’s called a Virgin hub? :exit:

Either it's "no f'k'n" good or it's virgin' on the ridiculous...

I have just had an email from the (reliable) supplier saying the items Hermes delivered this am, have been dispatched via Hermes, so arrived before they were sent apparently :).

I've had that from Amazon. Had a delivery followed by a "your order has been despatched" e-mail. That was via DPD though.

I’m banned from eating marmalade (strictly speaking Seville Orange but that’s the only kind worth eating) due to drug interactions -- it’s joined grapefruit for the same reasons ;( Enjoy it while you can :).

Oh dear, sorry to hear that.

Mrs WW has just made sweet potato buns, they're absolutely lovely :D I eat them as they are, no need for butter :D

I'm having a good day :D

I dedicate one day a month to going through all the bank accounts and bills online to see if I can reduce the outgoings and increase the income and there were two bright spots today :D Firstly I have some premium bonds and often win £25 prizes the most being three in one month equalling £75. This month I won one £25 prize and one £100 prize! Woopeee! I've never won a £100 prize before :D Secondly, I gave up paid employment over 11 years ago and initially the interest on my savings exceeded my living costs but as the interest rate plummeted I started to eat into my savings but today I'm up on last month for the first time in 6 years :D YES!!!! :D It's not all that much and I'll probably blow it on a new lens though :D

YES!!!!! :D

Xac6D3g.jpg

Yes. I ate a great big slice. Later I'll be having fish and chips, a glass of Bulmers original and some home made icecream.

It's my 60th and we can't go out so making the best of things at home :D

PS.
Picture taken using a Chinon 50mm f1.4 which I bought (and a Chinon 28mm f2.8 too) and someone else gave me them as my present today :D

Last edited:
Yes. I ate a great big slice. Later I'll be having fish and chips, a glass of Bulmers original and some home made icecream.

It's my 60th and we can't go out so making the best of things at home :D

PS.
Picture taken using a Chinon 50mm f1.4 which I bought (and a Chinon 28mm f2.8 too) and someone else gave me them as my present today :D
Happy Birthday

60th cake? !!! :p

MHR.
MHR.

Thank you.
:D

What cheered me up today was generally having a nice day even though it poured down and the following...

1. I was looking for a 49mm lens hood the other day and although I was sure I had one I couldn't find it so I ordered another and it came today. I went to put it in the biscuit tin I keep these things in and what did I find? The 49mm hood I couldn't find? Yes. But not one. Two! :D So I have three now :D I just don't know how I missed these as I had everything out of that tin looking for one the other day. Amazing.

2. I spotted these tiny and I think lovely flowers in the cold frame. I had no idea what they were so I asked Mrs WW and she told be they're radish. I never knew they flowered. Lovely though IMO. A long thin stem and lots of tiny flowers :D

ZFQjG3K.jpg

A crop from that.

4amk8Ip.jpg

The carrot and tomato flowers we got last year were lovely too.

Last edited:
Finding a jar of Marmite in my local store even if it was a large one.

Apparently it is in short supply due to breweries not supplying as much yeast because of the virus lockdown

Surprising what things are effected by lockdowns

Finding a jar of Marmite in my local store even if it was a large one.

Apparently it is in short supply due to breweries not supplying as much yeast because of the virus lockdown

Surprising what things are effected by lockdowns

Noticed that when we did our ocado order last week. Back in stock this week though.

MHR.

Thank you.
:D

What cheered me up today was generally having a nice day even though it poured down and the following...

1. I was looking for a 49mm lens hood the other day and although I was sure I had one I couldn't find it so I ordered another and it came today. I went to put it in the biscuit tin I keep these things in and what did I find? The 49mm hood I couldn't find? Yes. But not one. Two! :D So I have three now :D I just don't know how I missed these as I had everything out of that tin looking for one the other day. Amazing.

2. I spotted these tiny and I think lovely flowers in the cold frame. I had no idea what they were so I asked Mrs WW and she told be they're radish. I never knew they flowered. Lovely though IMO. A long thin stem and lots of tiny flowers :D

ZFQjG3K.jpg

A crop from that.

4amk8Ip.jpg

The carrot and tomato flowers we got last year were lovely too.

1) If you've lost something, buy another and the original will appear as if by magic! Almost without fail!!!

2) Most plants flower (even if the flowers are never seen [fig flower?]) and most radishes are picked before they "bolt"/go to seed.

WCMUT was a lovely but very wet trundle around a bit of the Moor. After lunch near Hay Tor, we went up past the tor and headed towards Widdecombe and Postbridge before making tracks for home via Moretonhampstead.

WCMU even more (when I found it poking out of the back of the letterbox - missed it when we got in) was the all clear from the chap who does the checking on my brane tumour MRI scans. All clear. Next (and probably final routine) one will be in a couple of years.

Getting in and out of a supermarket in just over a minute. Only needed a loaf of bread so did a fly-by on the way back from a hearing aid service. Got my card out on the way to Sainsury's and knew where the loaf I wanted would be (very close to the entrance) so barely stopped other than to tap the contactless payment pad with my card.

And Bike magazine arriving. Hope it's worth the read!

More a chuckle really,
a genuine advert from my local hub

Noika fossil
£335

188939030_544332850066330_947106694923556245_n.jpg

Probably still got some juice in the battery!!!

WCMUT was (very easily!) finding installation instructions for an accessory that was delivered without them.

A warm and pleasant visit to the zoo, no rain light breeze and some sun as well (y)

Well done for getting in before 1/2 term!

A(nother)T(hing)WCMUT was managing to score "to handicap" for the second time this week. Rare for me to manage it once, let alone twice!

Well done for getting in before 1/2 term!
Yep that was the plan, as that starts tomorrow here.
I'll be giving next week a miss ;)

"Fellows" don't need to book week-days any more, just week-end and school holidays ..
A much better arrangement I feel (y)

But if you go during 1/2 term, you get to see all the little monkeys losing a fight with the chimps.

But if you go during 1/2 term, you get to see all the little monkeys losing a fight with the chimps.
Happy to avoid (y)

As I tell people about myself and Mrs Nod, we're old enough to have grandchildren but I'm not grown up enough to have kids!

Another chuckle..

A friend, ex copper always used to say if half the criminals weren't stupid, we wouldn't catch anyone.
To prove his point ...

A young lad was being followed through a local town, by the police, he was driving erratically, speeding etc.
( it turns out he was banned from driving, so no ins. etc)

Eventually he out ran them in and around the country lanes, dumped the car and ran through fields of crops.
He thought he was in the clear ...

The police finally found the dumped car, complete with dash cam footage of his "journey" and his commentary to a mate
of the on going "chase" seems he left the mike on too.
BUSTED :LOL:

Another chuckle..

A friend, ex copper always used to say if half the criminals weren't stupid, we wouldn't catch anyone.
To prove his point ...

A young lad was being followed through a local town, by the police, he was driving erratically, speeding etc.
( it turns out he was banned from driving, so no ins. etc)

Eventually he out ran them in and around the country lanes, dumped the car and ran through fields of crops.
He thought he was in the clear ...

The police finally found the dumped car, complete with dash cam footage of his "journey" and his commentary to a mate
of the on going "chase" seems he left the mike on too.
BUSTED :LOL:

And the clever ones are often too greedy so go on and on until they get caught. Mostly fraud type.

WCMUT was SWMBO finally getting a date beginning of June for a minor op that was supposed to happen in April 2020. The only mild annoyance is its not at the local hospital but at one about an hour and a half away but on the bright side gives me a perfect excuses to visit St Bees Head. Every cloud and that.

I managed to get "no more nails" on my fingers doing DIY today.

WCMUT?
I'm glad they lied :D

I managed to get "no more nails" on my fingers doing DIY today.

WCMUT?
I'm glad they lied :D

So as far as accidental "mis application" goes.......not so sticky, sticky stuff ;)

Back