WCMUT....what cheered me up today

WCMUT? Being out on the course for the first time in months. What made it even better was not losing any balls and even finding a few decent ones!

WCMUT? Getting up on the Quantocks for the first time in 3 months. 10.3 miles, lots of birds including a couple of grey wagtails, and about 50 red deer in 2 herds. What made it even better was fewer people than I had expected to see.
They were probably all at the beach or local park dropping their tones of litter. You can't expect them to lug their cans of Coke, lager, plastic water bottles, Gregg's pasties and disposable BBQs up into the middle of nowhere in the Quantocks... good grief, they're out of condition, cut them some slack and give them a couple of weeks to recover their strength, besides, it's got to be really dry and sunny for them to go up there, so they can start a wildfire or two as well as leaving all their rubbish behind!

Last edited:
They were probably all at the beach or local park dropping their tones of litter. You can't expect them to lug their cans of Coke, lager, plastic water bottles, Gregg's pasties and disposable BBQs up into the middle of nowhere in the Quantocks... good grief, they're out of condition, cut them some slack and give them a couple of weeks to recover their strength, besides, it's got to be really dry and sunny for them to go up there, so they can start a wildfire or two as well as leaving all their rubbish behind!

:LOL:

But seriously...The Radio Five Live phone-in today was about just that. Over-indulging in alcohol and huge amounts of litter. There were two callers pleading that people who visit their beaches..Devon/Cornwall.. please take home their litter and especially disposable BBQs. One caller suggested that public parks be closed and also beaches as only 50% (it's a bit less than that,I think) of people have been vaccinated so Just give it a few more weeks and there'll be much less risk. Another wanted alcohol banned in public parks.

My wife and her two friends have taken a picni -lunch to a local hill hoping there won't be too many at the seating area at the base but I think they may be disappointed. She said they may return here if that's the case and they haven't, so I assume it's ok there. The coming Easter weekend is forecast to be very cold so..that's good. :D

Re litter : https://cleanupbritain.org

This is a very good article. (2017..so, it's no doubt got worse) https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/environment/essex-filthiest-place-uk-40768/

Three paragraphs from it.

Re litter on UK roads..
The worst, according to both groups, was the A13 in Essex (see video above), followed closely by the A12 in Essex. The A1041 and A127 were also reported numerous times, one person describing the A127 as ‘The most disgusting filth imaginable that makes me ashamed to call this place home’.

New research revealed by the Hygiene Council shows that “Britain is the dirtiest country in the developed world.”

From a German's pov.

Mats Weber, a German tourist who spent six years working in the UK thinks to problem lies with general attitudes ‘In Germany you tell somebody to pick up their litter. It is expected. In the UK one is met with aggression when pointing out someone has dropped their litter, which makes things difficult.’

Last edited:
Half way through my Karate training at the Miyagi school of Karate.

Tomorrow its wash the car :D

I go straight to the second part... Sod the "on" bit!

Not so much cheered me up but did make me smile.

As well as describing Mr Johnson as a "clown", he claims they had a row over a report about diplomats treating him as an "international joke".

When Mr Johnson is said to have asked, "Why don't they take me seriously?", Sir Alan claims he replied: "Look in the ****ing mirror!"

I dedicate a few hours every month to internet banking / bills etc and I've just finished this months and for the second month running I have more than £1,000 more than I think I should have. So, I've made a mistake somewhere but the good news is that it's in my favour and I have more than £1k more than I thought I had :D

Oh well. I made a mistake somewhere but I somehow feel good about it :D

All I have to do now is resist spending that £1k I found down the back of the electronic sofa :D

A classic flashmob...

View: https://BANNED/ClassicFM/status/1379143316260990989

Last edited:
Mrs WW tells me this is in Thailand. Apparently it was being chased by a dog and when the door opened automatically he went in.

View: https://BANNED/PaulEmbery/status/1379916711412006917

Last edited:
Many years ago (10 or so) we had a new kitchen put in including an oven and an induction hob and granite worktop, as you do. Years later the hob went on the blink and recently ordering a new one (because the parts aren't available anymore and even if they were a new hob would be cheaper than the parts) became a problem as the hole in the granite top is apparently too small for any of the new hobs and we were told that the hole should have been cut to a/the apparently standard size rather than cut to fit the unusually small and now unavailable hob. The oven is also mounted too high for the new hobs. So, we need the hole in the granite enlarging and the cooker dropping down a couple of inches. It all sounds simple but the granite cutters who made the worktop refused to cut it in situ as it makes too much mess and taking it out risks too much damage. So we're snookered all ways.

Fast forward to today... and we had the same company who did the kitchen in to give us a quote for a new bathroom and I said "There's a while you're here..." and went through the hob issue with him again (or maybe I spoke to his brother last time) and surprisingly he said "I'll sort it, no charge."

Well. Nice surprise. I was expecting to have to give him a bit of a lecture about it all being his companies fault but, no need, :D

I don't really care how he sorts it, as long as he does :D

Last edited:
Actually playing to my handicap! Doesn't happen that often. I think I should always play with an iffy back!

WCMUT was getting out on Dartmoor for the first time in 6 months. What I can't understand is......... I'm slogging up a steep hill over rough ground with a heavy rucksack that I also haven't carried for 6 months (I take a smaller lighter one to my local hills) and one second I'm thinking 'I'm about to die, why am I doing this to myself?' but the next second I'm thinking 'I've missed this so so much'. I think I'm a bit strange. Most people who know me would agree......... :D

Seeing a mate in the flesh for the first time in months. Even better, it gave me an excuse to go for a blast on the bike! A bit chilly in the shady bits on the way home but it was only my fingers that felt it - obviously too early in the season for summer gloves!

WCMUT

Just a quick note. I've not had chance to catch up with the thread yet....

However, I'd like to announce that discussions have been successful and TP will be continuing as is, with someone new at the helm.
More details soon, but I want to reassure you all that TP is not going anywhere and will stay as it is...infact you might not even notice the switch :p

More a chuckle than anything.
My car ins is due in a month,
I've already had the renewal invite from my existing company.
Its gone up £3 on last year. ( Maybe that should be in the WAMT section :D )

I had an email from the Meerkat fella :-

So why not get into gear and compare now? You could save up to £228** when you buy through Compare the Market.

Seems they want to give me money ...
My Ins. is no where near that "save able" £228 :D

WCMUY was a trip down to DZP (Dartmoor Zoo). Didn't take a camera because I have so many shots of most of the animals there already and didn't want to be hanging around any exhibits potentially blocking other visitors' path round the one way system (it's not the biggest zoo in the country and some paths are quite tight!)

WCMUT ?..Rain, lots of it overnight and this afternoon. Even a clap of thunder as I post.

It keeps trying here, large spots and then nothing.

Only light rain for you http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile

Bit of truth re 'for the greater good.' re Jon and his paving. Seems April is heading for the driest April on record. Farmers crops/fields are suffering.

Back