WCMUT....what cheered me up today

I prefer this one you can have the app But I use PC based (y)

With the one I posted Raintoday..if you keep clicking on it, it enlarges and you can see exactly where you live..villages too.. and the image moves forwards 5 times representing 15 minutes for each move and that gives you an idea how long you've got to get something done. I look at it on my iMac and have an iPad I take out when I go photographing and it's really good.

Another very good oine is Dark Skies. This shows how imminent rtain is and how heavy..on a graph.I think there must be quite a few about to choose from.

I got super excited that I had won an auction lot I had been watching. Then when the excitement subsided I thought, what have I actually bought? And why?

I had thought at one point I might start processing and printing my own film and images but that was before we decided to move to a smaller house :D

Oops! Oh well, it could have been the vintage car renovation project I thought might be fun and would only have cost 100x the cost of what I bought and would have taken up even more space :LOL: So that cheered me up!

With the one I posted Raintoday..if you keep clicking on it, it enlarges and you can see exactly where you live..villages too..
Same as Vent (y)
But it is a scroll of the mouse rather than a click

and the image moves forwards 5 times representing 15 minutes
Admittedly its hourly, but its good enough for me :)

Got a date for Jab 2 (The Revenge?) Received a text inviting me to book so grabbed the second available slot - would have gone for the first but someone beat me to it!

More of a chuckle really, I know I shouldn't laugh but a guy locally was held at knife point,
for his phone, long story short, he gave the offenders a bit of a slap.
and they ran off, the guy was un harmed..

The chuckle bit ..
The police are appealing for information about a silver Audi A3 with a registration starting with KN08,
that may have been involved with this incident.

Getting my winter heating bill (gas) cheered me up today. :)

I only moved into this place four months ago - the storage heaters in my last place would cost me around £700 for that period.
This new flat? £40.00! :banana:

My basic digital (doesn’t include some things like recipes etc) sub to New York Times goes up fro £3 to £8 monthly on 11th, so I cancelled and went through giving reason etc and then was offered to keep it at £3 (£0.75 weekly) which I accepted. It’s a good price and you get a different angle on things.

Edit to correct. Oops! All those are $$$ so actually 50p per week :).

Last edited:
Not so much cheered me up as amused me.

I have Baba O'Riley as my ring tone on my mobile along with vibrate. A car has just driven up the road with B O'R blasting out and its exhaust sounded like the phone vibrating on the bedside table upstairs. I was 1/2 way out of my chair before I realised it wasn't my phone ringing!

I'm NOT pregnant!!!

At least, I think that's what the lack of a second line means. I've been worried about my expanding waistline.

IMG_20210505_113935[4596].jpg

Not so much cheered me up as amused me.

I have Baba O'Riley as my ring tone on my mobile along with vibrate. A car has just driven up the road with B O'R blasting out and its exhaust sounded like the phone vibrating on the bedside table upstairs. I was 1/2 way out of my chair before I realised it wasn't my phone ringing!
Who?;)

Last edited:
I got an email today from Granada. I worked for a computer company called DPCE and Granada bought them so I ended up with a Granada pension (totally unplanned as I just never bothered planning in those days) and today they told me how much pension I'll get when I'm 60... which is in not too long.

Anyway, the pension is slightly more than last time they sent me anything and does seem generous. So that's nice :D

I quit paid employment 11 years ago so this will be my first regular income since.

All in all :D

I have a bird feeding station that caters for many species of birds.
Today I was watching a pair of blue tits hopping from Bonsai to Bonsai.
it never occurred to me that the might be after Aphids or other insects & their larvae.

You are most welcome please continue to feed from the drive in fly in (y)

Last edited:
With what they pay you, it must double your wages from here (AND give you more pleasure...)

I have a bird feeding station that caters for many species of birds.
Today I was watching a pair of blue tits hopping from Bonsai to Bonsai.
it never occurred to me that the might be after Aphids or other insects & their larvae.

You are most welcome please continue to feed from the drive in fly in (y)

Best thing I’ve ever had for aphids was, too my surprise, young pheasants when I had them loose in the garden raised by banties. I spotted them pecking the underside of Nasturtium leave which are favourites of aphids and found they’d removed them all without leaving a mark on the leaves — despite their relatively monstrous beaks, :).

A coconut.

I usually pierce the top, drain the water and then hit it with a hammer to crack the shell and usually damage the nut to some degree but today I got the inside out whole and unmarked.

10-15 minutes in a 200°C oven does a pretty good job.

WCMUT? The new overlords announcement.

WCMUT? The new overlords announcement.
You say that now, but will you still be saying it in a few weeks? :D

Yes - but in Parseltongue...

Bland horse?

My scar isn't as neat as Harry's and I'm not sure I deserve Hermione ;)!

I shall pot in my whoring aids and loosen very carfully...

Hermes delivery (not from Amazon) on time an we’ll delivered as usual. I see a lot of negative comments for Hermes in particular. All the courier services work well here so I think the problems must be peculiar to various localities. :)

They vary in how informative etc they are and I find the (French state owned!) DPD to be far & away the best for tracking etc. :)

think the problems must be peculiar to various localities. :)
As I've mentioned many times, with examples, its my post code she is totally useless :(

WCMUT was remembering to set a batch of chick peas soaking yesterday evening, then also remembering I had done so so I could set them cooking in the pressure cooking to have a batch of hummus whizzed up by 08:15. Garlicky dip before brekkie - what's not to like!!!

We got a new Virgin hub thingy today and I just knew it wouldn't be as simple as just plugging it in and it wasn't as one of our Tivo boxes wouldn't work. The tech support guy was helpful but none of the turn it off and wait and then back on again advice worked and I'd already done all that anyway. So, I waded through it (the settings) and got it working by myself :D

We got a new Virgin hub thingy today and I just knew it wouldn't be as simple as just plugging it in and it wasn't as one of our Tivo boxes wouldn't work. The tech support guy was helpful but none of the turn it off and wait and then back on again advice worked and I'd already done all that anyway. So, I waded through it (the settings) and got it working by myself :D

So why do you think it’s called a Virgin hub? :exit:

Hermes delivery (not from Amazon) on time an we’ll delivered as usual. I see a lot of negative comments for Hermes in particular. All the courier services work well here so I think the problems must be peculiar to various localities. :)

They vary in how informative etc they are and I find the (French state owned!) DPD to be far & away the best for tracking etc. :)
We had a Hermes delivery today, I received an email to say it would arrive between 1pm and 3pm. Later in the morning I received another email to say the delivery was being rescheduled between midday and 2pm. The package arrived at 12:30, the courier placed it at my doorstep & took a photo. An hour later I received another email with a map showing delivery address and a photo of the delivery. I couldn't fault this delivery......

We had a Hermes delivery today, I received an email to say it would arrive between 1pm and 3pm. Later in the morning I received another email to say the delivery was being rescheduled between midday and 2pm. The package arrived at 12:30, the courier placed it at my doorstep & took a photo. An hour later I received another email with a map showing delivery address and a photo of the delivery. I couldn't fault this delivery......

I have just had an email from the (reliable) supplier saying the items Hermes delivered this am, have been dispatched via Hermes, so arrived before they were sent apparently :).

Mine is still floating around in the ether apparently.
Allegedly is was posted on the 6th ( not that I believe that TBH)
Each update says we have your parcel. / Shakes head a regrets buying from that seller.

Back