WCMUT....what cheered me up today

A letter from Corfu children with regard to the building of a new skatepark in the city:-
"“We have been reading and watching what is written and reported about the Garitsa Park for quite some time now and it is time to do something about it...

We cannot understand how a regeneration project is going to involve so much concrete, while at the same time so much greenery will be lost and so many trees will be cut down! We cannot understand how, at a time when all the countries and all Greek regions are planting trees, we are going to uproot so many of them, making the fauna that lives in them go away, and replace them with concrete. Where is the ecological consciousness in all this process? Where is the environmental empathy? From elementary until high school, we had been learning about the importance of the environment, we had been going on trips to places in nature with lots of greenery, we had been volunteering to preserve what is giving us life...

Enough with the concrete, enough with the grey landscape and enough with the indifference of the Municipal Authorities for our future! We, the young people, are opposed to the construction of a 900sq.m. skate park in Garitsa using tons of concrete, which will result in many precious trees to be cut down and the animals that live in them to go away. The Garitsa Park is full of trees, alleys and greenery. Any intervention with concrete will be a disaster.

The skate park can be built in another part of Corfu Town, without harming the natural landscape, while there is already one in Alykes. The Garitsa Park has been abandoned for so many years. It is given a chance to regain its lost glory and become a landscape that will make us proud of its trees, flowers and aura; become worthy of the history and culture of Corfu.

Another thing that cannot be logically explained is the fact that the new trees that will be planted will kill the rest. The acacia saligna, which will replace the already living and legal trees, is banned by the EU and Greek legislation, as they are considered to be invasive alien species that destroy the natural landscape. Who can approve such a study?! As young people, we are obliged to preserve our present and future. We will oppose decisions that do not make sense, destroy nature and do not take the future into account.

Nature is something that cannot easily be found in towns. We have the Garitsa Park which is a treasure and we are going to destroy it. Who will explain all this?!We are asking those of you who want the greenery and the trees that give life to the Park's fauna to remain, to please contribute to our efforts to be heard."

How refreshing!

I know it’s National Knock the Filth Decade and I’ve done my share but it was very cheering to see the body cam footage of two PCs, with a baton and spray go in and disarm David Amess’s killer.

Usually we are treated to almost daily incidence sizeable groups of US cops in body armour and armed to the teeth huddled in doorways before bursting in and shooting a sometimes unarmed citizen.

I know it’s National Knock the Filth Decade and I’ve done my share but it was very cheering to see the body cam footage of two PCs, with a baton and spray go in and disarm David Amess’s killer.

Usually we are treated to almost daily incidence sizeable groups of US cops in body armour and armed to the teeth huddled in doorways before bursting in and shooting a sometimes unarmed citizen.
Do we I dont recall seeing anything like that in the last 2 weeks let alone nearly daily. Why the need to refer to them as the Filth? Slight backhand compliment there

Do we I dont recall seeing anything like that in the last 2 weeks let alone nearly daily. Why the need to refer to them as the Filth? Slight backhand compliment there

Nearly daily is hyperbole but I guess it depends where you get your news from.

On the rest, I guess we don’t speak the same langauge :(.

That was quick for them!

That was quick for them!
Yes indeed. Many people have been waiting much longer. 10 days ago I raised an official complaint against them. According to their protocols they had to respond within 10 days. Today is that 10th day. Coincidence?

Not so much WCMUT as what gave me a chuckle .

In my Inbox today....today being the 28th March..was an Email purporting to be from Royal Mail.

:rolleyes:

logo.png

Dear customer,

We inform you that your shipment N° 9838331459117 is still waiting for instructions
from you.

Failed delivery attempt 29/03/2022
Reason: incomplete delivery address.

To ship your package as soon as possible, simply click the button below to
update your delivery address information and pay the new shipping costs (3.00
USD).

Last edited:
Following on from my WAMT post about being unable to pay for parking whilst visiting a hospital I finally got a reply today from the payment company. They apologised for the difficulty but said that I had to contact the car park operator and gave me contact details.
I emailed them at 09:57 today and got a reply at 11:12 saying that it had all been sorted and hoped that I would not have trouble paying in the future.
You hear so many stories about car park operators appying small print conditions rigidly that it satisfying to find that they are not all bad

WCMUT?
Its a good job I am easily amused :)

Long story, but ever since I have replaced and up rated my pond filter, pump I'm having trouble
clearing the water.
I've tried the chemical stuff ( against my better judgement) it made matters worse, even the fish were p***ed off to say the least.
( I know this because I was getting the "hard stare" )
Someone on a fish forum suggested attaching a length of tights or stockings to the filter out pipe.

I was in Tesco this morning, so a grabbed a young assistant ..
Excuse me, can you point me to the finest denier tights or stockings that you sell?
Once she finished looking me up and down, she said are these for you sir?

Err not exactly I said, they are for my fish...
Does sir mean fishnet tights / stockings?

I doubt they would work with my legs, just the fine denier thanks :D

I bet she has a story to tell now :D

BTW 2 hours later and there is a noticeable difference :)

Last edited:
@Cobra Probably egg sucking lessons (granny!) but don't forget to keep checking the tights for fullness - MiL used to have a pond and used that trick to clear it of algae but forgot to check it and it refilled the pond with the stuff! We ended up making her fill the pond after she fell in...

@Cobra Probably egg sucking lessons (granny!) but don't forget to keep checking the tights for fullness
Absolutely, they are working a little too well TBH, its minutes rather than hours!
We ended up making her fill the pond after she fell in...

Oops. Probably for the best .

It wasn't that deep (about 18" in the middle) but we pointed out that she was lucky not to hit her head on the side... Slowly managing to toddlerproof her bungalow to keep her safe!!!

I'm disappointed with myself for where my mind went.

I'd expect you to need eye and mind bleach to remove the thought of Chris and/or myself in tights!!! :puke:

Passed a cafe today called Only Fools and Sauces.

I'm a simple soul.

There used to be a great steak house in Bristol called "Steak of the Art".... And a place I visited in the US, where you pick your steak and cook it yourself over an indoor BBQ was called Grate Steak :giggle:

On a beach in Crete, there used to be a sign pointing towards a restaurant/taverna called "Raki's". It was written in the Greek alphabet in capital letters...

Just bought a Karcher K4 Power Control unit. As ever the assembly instructions are just numbers and diagrams so it was really good to be able to get up a Youtube clip of someone putting one together. What I like about these clips are that the person who is doing them sometimes finds it's easier to assemble a particular part first..contrary to the instructions. One of the videos was a French couple, who after they'd assembled it, said that the instruction were not easy to follow but they managed it. I thought, why didn't they go for a Youtube clip ? :)

Btw..Why do people do these clips ? Altruism maybe ? More likely something to do with adverts and payment as everything is on the Net. There are usually a few of them and inevitably some are better than others. Some people,if they aren't already, would make excellent school teachers/instructors others not so. In one of the videos the chap didn't mention the wheels.

Now to see how it cleans a section of the drive (block-paved). It's a big job for another day but best to see that it works ok sooner rather than later re the guarantee. There's also a holder to put a wash liquid to clean the car so I'll get one of those. It can be used at hard or soft pressure and the pressure can be controlled too which it would have to be for a car.

Block paving installers LOVE pressure washers - repairing loosened areas of paving is a great money spinner for them...

Block paving installers LOVE pressure washers - repairing loosened areas of paving is a great money spinner for them...

The Karcher K4 is absolutely superb. My wife said we should have replaced the other one years ago but me being a bit tight...:D ...but as with other items I tend to hang on s that when we get one it's the very latest. My neighbour upgrades his photo gear within 12 months of a new camera or lens coming out. I think about it for another 2 years and then up grade so he says I always end up with better kit than him...but only for a while :) .

However, the pressure was at 130 bars and it made an awful mess (dirt) of the small piece of fencing and side passage gate that I was 'instructed' to stop before the front windows and door suffered the same fate. I've ordered a transparent Karcher splash guard.

Never experienced any loose areas of paving . I let it dry (of course )and then brush in kiln-dried sand.

The Karcher K4 is absolutely superb. My wife said we should have replaced the other one years ago but me being a bit tight...:D ...but as with other items I tend to hang on s that when we get one it's the very latest. My neighbour upgrades his photo gear within 12 months of a new camera or lens coming out. I think about it for another 2 years and then up grade so he says I always end up with better kit than him...but only for a while :) .

However, the pressure was at 130 bars and it made an awful mess (dirt) of the small piece of fencing and side passage gate that I was 'instructed' to stop before the front windows and door suffered the same fate. I've ordered a transparent Karcher splash guard.

Never experienced any loose areas of paving . I let it dry (of course )and then brush in kiln-dried sand.

I have a Nilfisk pressure washer, it's now 6 years old and still doing fine. All the "Hozelock" connections are metal rather than plastic.

I have a Nilfisk pressure washer, it's now 6 years old and still doing fine. All the "Hozelock" connections are metal rather than plastic.

I hadn't heard of that make so I Googled it. Good quality brand,I see. One plus point was that the Nilfisk is much lighter in weight,no doubt due to the plastic parts you mention as opposed to Hozelock's metal. We must have had our old Hozelock HP washer for 20 years or more.

The spray shield arrived an hour ago so I'll test it tomorrow.

WCMUT?
An email from BT.

I'd had a couple of issues with BT broad band recently, same thing failing very old copper wire.
The email read we are sorry we didn't fix your problem within 2 days, and they have refunded me a months payment (y)

The thing is, the technician made a temporary repair in less than 24 hours of me reporting it,
he came back the next day ( it was getting late) and ran a new cable,
So yes it was well within 48 hours, from my initial live chat with them.

I was going to tell them that, but it did say do not reply to this email :D

Mrs WW wanted to buy four boxes of a particular brand of chocolates to give out as little presents. We searched all the local shops where we live and in Redcar without luck so we headed off to Middlesbrough today. We had no luck in shop after shop but just as we were heading out of the shop which was our last hope there they were on the bottom shelf on way to the checkouts :D So she got her four boxes. We'd only ever seen the one type but this shop had two more varieties too :D

Took my MX5 for a run up the Trossachs.
Was a great day .....

Lovely to see this :D

I've been looking for the opportunity to ask you how you've been getting on. Mines running better than it has for years, touch wood... no issues or warning lights at all :D

Lovely to see this :D

I've been looking for the opportunity to ask you how you've been getting on. Mines running better than it has for years, touch wood... no issues or warning lights at all :D
Hi Alan,

Love it. That's me had her a year now.
You can't beat open top motoring.
Only have the roof up if it starts raining when I'm out....:cool:

Only have the roof up if it starts raining when I'm out....:cool:
I've never understood that, mentality, the amount of drop heads that I've seen these past 2 weeks when it's been nice and warm,
with the top up :thinking:
I've not owned one in years, but the roof was always down, at every opportunity (y)

WCMUT was remembering to change the black plate on the Bobber for the yellow one it came with. MoT next Saturday...

I've never understood that, mentality, the amount of drop heads that I've seen these past 2 weeks when it's been nice and warm,
with the top up :thinking:
I've not owned one in years, but the roof was always down, at every opportunity (y)

When I was single I used to drive my soft tops with the roof down all the time all year round unless it was raining heavy. If it's just raining a bit and your moving it just goes over your head. Unfortunately some partners of mine haven't liked their hair getting messed up or have felt the cold more so a lot of the time I can't have the top down.

Had the top up this morning but only because of laziness - I was taking it to the car-wash and CBA to lower and raise it! Had it down on the way home though.

Back