WCMUT....what cheered me up today

The computer mouse is playing up (centre roller not working well), so I had a rummage through a couple of boxes where I keep (Hoard alert) "stuff". I came across my old, small collection of vinyl singles from the seventies - Status Quo - Rocking All Over the World, Down Down, Caroline, - Deep Purple - Smoke on the Water, Black Night, Strange Kinda Woman - Rolling Stones - Jumping Jack Flash, Honky Tonk Woman - Carlos Santana - Black Magic Woman (B side Oyo Como Va). Haven't got a deck, but it brought back some really good memories.

The computer mouse is playing up (centre roller not working well), so I had a rummage through a couple of boxes where I keep (Hoard alert) "stuff". I came across my old, small collection of vinyl singles from the seventies - Status Quo - Rocking All Over the World, Down Down, Caroline, - Deep Purple - Smoke on the Water, Black Night, Strange Kinda Woman - Rolling Stones - Jumping Jack Flash, Honky Tonk Woman - Carlos Santana - Black Magic Woman (B side Oyo Como Va). Haven't got a deck, but it brought back some really good memories.

You were caught between a rock & hard place? :ROFLMAO:

My 70's single are generally all 12 inch and are dance rather than rock. No Terry Jacks, Seasons in the Sun then? :giggle:

WCMUT ? Rain..lots of it earlier on.:)
Its barely trying here, not enough to wet the pavements.
Looks like I'll be getting hose out later.

Its barely trying here, not enough to wet the pavements.
Looks like I'll be getting hose out later.

The rain came down from the NW, across theSW and the SW Midlands.That was it....sorry :)

The rain came down from the NW, across theSW and the SW Midlands.That was it....sorry :)
And its looking like a dry bank holiday too.
That makes a change.

Rained all day yesterday and looks similar this morning.

Mrs WW is off to her native Thailand for a holiday and today we went shopping for yet more presents to take back. Her case is just about bursting with every sort of prezzie as stuff is "so much cheaper and better quality here in the UK." Maybe put my whinging about high prices in some perspective :D

Last edited:
"can't stop watching these guys who run around tokyo like they're in a video game"

View: https://BANNED/juanbuis/status/1521418509514850307

Love it! :D

Not one fresh MoT on a bike but 2 on 2 bikes! Should have booked the other one in for today too but wasn't 100% sure it would start! (It did, first prod after a whir to get the oil flowing.)

WCMUT?
Finally 23 days after hatching the 3rd snake decided to eat ( the other 2 have been eating for awhile) .

That's a long time for something around 6ins long and only a few mm at the thickest point ( mid way)

Finally 23 days after hatching the 3rd snake decided to eat the other 2
:LOL:

It would have a bit of a struggle, they are all in separate RUB's ( really useful boxes) AKA sandwich boxes some 6 x 6 inches, with clickable lids.

Start of April I cancelled Amazon Prime, then I got an email on Friday morning saying "thank-you for renewing your Amazon prime again" and took the £7.99 out of my bank.
I noticed this yesterday and was kinda annoyed, so sent them a polite email telling them that I cancelled and they had no right restarting prime or helping themselves to my money. Told them it's theft as far as I'm concerned and if this does not get resolved as soon as poss, I'd get a lawyer!
Anyways, fast forward today, I noticed some strange deposits into my bank from Amazon.

So went into my email to ask them what's going on, noticed another email from them, apologising for renewing prime and have returned 13 payments of £7.99 as a good will gesture!
Kinda gobsmacked to be honest!

Misread that as:
Finally 23 days after hatching the 3rd snake decided to eat the other 2

when the page loaded ㋡.

Me too....:LOL:

If we both read it like that you can be sure many others did, too. I thought....Yikes.:)

WCMUT?
Well made me chuckle anyway.
FB page someone mentioned, in relation to dogs ( they were looking for a groomer)
They specified the dog breed as Shipoo, if that wasn't funny enough,
it looks like they started to type s*** and changed it to poo :D

WCMUT was a gentle 2 hour or so bimble on the bike. I was enjoying the ride so not pressing on, besides, I haven't ridden much for the past couple of years so was easing myself back into the swing! Nice to get a few miles under the tyres and blow some cobwebs out - literally!!!

So far today, a woodpecker on the fat blocks. Only seems to show up fairly early in the morning before the noisy rabble turn up (sparrows, goldies etc..)

We had a wild rabbit in our garden a couple of hours ago, munching weeds.... I will have to wait until it has gone before restocking the bird feeders. We saw our local woodpecker yesterday evening on the peanut feeder after our 'rabble' had gone.

On the subject of peanut feeders, we have a quite expensive RSPB Peanut feeder with welded stainless steel mesh, It beats me how the squirrels (greys) have managed to bend & snap off a 2cm length of one of the wires right at the base. I have had to cut the bottom 2 cm of the feeder off & reattach the base.

Reading people online arguing about the cost of preparing meals at home I did a quick tot up of some of my/our meals and some come in comfortably under £1 a serving and some probably nearer 50p. Some probably bust that sort of budget and I'm not saying that people should live on 30p meals forever but it is possible to do a tasty and filling meal for under £1 before cooking and washing up costs are added.

Anyway. That made me feel good about my cooking and budgeting :D

Reading people online arguing about the cost of preparing meals at home I did a quick tot up of some of my/our meals and some come in comfortably under £1 a serving and some probably nearer 50p. Some probably bust that sort of budget and I'm not saying that people should live on 30p meals forever but it is possible to do a tasty and filling meal for under £1 before cooking and washing up costs are added.

Anyway. That made me feel good about my cooking and budgeting :D

Yes, I think £1 is around the current price — I posted a link to the bbc food site that has recipes for that currently.

One factor though is what people have in their ‘store cupboard’: flour, oil, spices and so on. Another is if food needs cooking (which most cheap recipes do) then fuel costs may be a factor. I think the cheapest cooking would be by microwave (not suitable for a lot of things) but you may not have a m wave if in poverty/rented etc :(.

I do think many people don’t know basic cooking and haven’t picked it up from their parents because they too relied on convenience foods. I grew up before such things existed so even though I never had any lessons etc I knew the basics just from seeing my mother cooking..

Back