WCMUT....what cheered me up today

Havering has only been 01708 since 1995. The M25 didn't exist when Havering became a London Borough. It predates it by 10yrs.
Agreed but was still 0708 or 0402 depending where in the borough you lived. It wasnt/isnt 01/081/071 or 0181/0171. M25 existence is irrelevant to my point, it is only in recent years that anywhere inside the M25 has been call Greater London or in Havering's case east London.

You'd have probably been told to put Bromley, Kent, just to avoid any confusion with Bromley by Bow. ;)

Don’t start me on that — I lived in Hayes, Kent not bloody Hayes Middlesex! :)

Agreed but was still 0708 or 0402 depending where in the borough you lived. It wasnt/isnt 01/081/071 or 0181/0171. M25 existence is irrelevant to my point, it is only in recent years that anywhere inside the M25 has been call Greater London or in Havering's case east London.
Havering has been referred to as London since 1965. Just as Dagenham, Barking, Ilford and Redbridge have also been. Some people are just slow on the uptake.
I have lived in Havering since '62, I think I'd be aware. Post codes and telephone codes are irrelevant. ;)

Strange but good day for me today, we bury our daughter on Wednesday, but whats really got me buzzing is Mum is coming home on Thursday. So tomorrow I'm dropping off some gifts for her to have/see when she arrives home. Framed photo of Susie and a Photo Book of Susie which I'm sure Mum will love.

It seems wrong to like that post Dave ( @Fuji Dave )
Some good news at last for you :) and I'm sure your mum will like the thought (y)

Brownies don't last very long here. They don't go off - they barely have a chance to cool down!!! Mrs Nod usually makes them while I'm out and freezes them in packs of 4. :(

Brownies don't last very long here. They don't go off - they barely have a chance to cool down!!! Mrs Nod usually makes them while I'm out and freezes them in packs of 4. :(

Yes, she said that they're supposed to be chilled before cutting. Yeah, right! :LOL:

Don't like to worry you, but I don't know what she's just fed you, as blackberries don't grow this time of year! :eek: You didn't forget her valentine card did you? ;)
lol, no. She picked them last year and froze them.

Yes, she said that they're supposed to be chilled before cutting. Yeah, right! :LOL:

I have discovered a fairly easy way round her freezing plan but it involves me doing the baking. Worth it!!!

What a day!

Home made eggless pancakes and home made bread for breakfast then my nephew sent two huge boxes of liquorish sticks (he got them free and no one likes it in their house) and then my sister came with a big box full of home made cakes.

Yum Yum Yum! :D

And... Were having home made Teriyaki cakes for dinner later :D

From the post I made in WAMT thread on Saturday.
WAMT, No Parking signs on the lampposts on the section of road outside the block of flats further up the road from us starting on Monday.
The council have decided to pull up all the paving slabs down our road and replace them with tarmac. The section of pavement they are starting Monday, normally has around 20 cars parked at the kerb. As the workmen put the plastic barriers in the road, parking won't be an option. As it is, already get 2 or 3 cars belonging to people from that block, parking opposite us on our stretch of road. I have no idea where these 20 or so cars are going to park. I am going to be really p'd off on Monday, I am on late shift, there is going to be nowhere to park when I get home at just after 11pm. It's bad enough as it is when I am on lates, I sometimes have to park in another road as it is, I suspect the 20 cars from the next block will have filled all those places up and more. I may just as well camp out in the car park at work.
They aren't removing the paving slabs and replacing with tarmac where the No Parking signs are, they are doing the pavement on the opposite side of the road. All the cars are gone at the moment, none are parked opposite us, so I have no idea where they have moved them to. Hopefully they will be able to park overnight opposite the pavement repair if they have to or leave their cars where they are at the moment and I can easily find a space when I get home from work tonight.

This thread on twitter, it includes doctored pictures of a scene in a town centre presumably at pub kicking out time, contains a swear word not safe for work or younger eyes in one of the captions.

I just love the pictures :D

View: https://BANNED/olly2518/status/1363882026856767490

From the post I made in WAMT thread on Saturday.

They aren't removing the paving slabs and replacing with tarmac where the No Parking signs are, they are doing the pavement on the opposite side of the road. All the cars are gone at the moment, none are parked opposite us, so I have no idea where they have moved them to. Hopefully they will be able to park overnight opposite the pavement repair if they have to or leave their cars where they are at the moment and I can easily find a space when I get home from work tonight.
Well there was a kind of space when I got home last night. The area opposite the pavement repair was still cloned off so I was expecting to not find one. But there was almost a gap big enough behind my wife's car. Fortunately the car in front of my wife's car was a few feet away, so I parked on the pavement, went in grabbed my wifes keys, rolled her car forward abit and was able to park mine.
Don't know if I will be that lucky again tonight.
I am not even sure the workmen have returned to finish off the repair, seems it's one team to remove the slabs and dig out the pavement, Then another team on another day to fill it in and tarmac it. I left for work at 1:30pm yesterday, and they first team were done and gone. No idea why the tarmac team weren't starting yesterday.

Got our vaccination letters today, although not at the local football (the floodlight towers I can see from the house) ground but at at a village medical centre 6 miles away, don’t care though, anywhere will do it’s the start of escape. 6 miles! furthest we’ve been in weeks.

Nilagin, you are expecting far too much, council working in some sort of sense, nah, never happen, the cones will stay until the next snow when the come to relay the tarmac.

Nilagin, you are expecting far too much, council working in some sort of sense, nah, never happen, the cones will stay until the next snow when the come to relay the tarmac.
I know. The next bit of pavement they will be doing, has a small section that was only repaired about 2 weeks ago, I am waiting to see if they dig it up again or just work around it.

The council didn't even let anyone know they were going to carry out the work, Normally there will be big yellow signs put up in advance. First I was aware was when the stretch of pavement up the road was dug up. I just assumed they were putting in cables or repairing pipes or something
Meanwhile we have big potholes appearing on all the roads in the area.

Got my K&F M42 to M4/3 adapter which I ordered direct from K&F in China 5 days ago. Time to try out my M42 lenses.

First impressions are it is very good quality and both the lenses and the camera fit snugly. It has a lovely orange ring on it too :D

WCMUT? ( well yesterday actually )
I live in an urban area but surrounded by acres of countryside.
There is half a dozen of Red kites that often circle in the area, and I feed them most days.
I'll stand at the window for ages watching, and no takes, turn my back and its gone :D

I left out a small carcass yesterday, stepped back under the "overhang" ( Chalet style house) for a smoke.
No sooner had I done that, a very large female came from behind me, over the roof, dropped down to ground level, snatched the offering and went vertical.
She was so close I felt the back draft of her wings.

Although I've trained and flown just about every bird of prey over the years, things like this still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end (y)

Something very mundane. I traveled along a motorway today and enjoyed the speed!

I get it!

Since we went back into this last Lockdown I haven't driven the car beyond going to the local store so a max of 30mph. I haven't ridden my motorbike since December2020 and I have to take her out this week for my own mental health. Not going far but I can't wait to experience the acceleration and the feeling that comes with riding.

What you buying with the money you don't need for the MOT? :LOL:
Getting the aircon repaired - replacing a leaking condenser unit, £500! :rolleyes: There's always something, but it's still less that I thought it might have been, so can't grumble too much, plus it's a lot cheaper than buying a new car!

Had to do a run up to East Surrey Hospital this morning and some strange noises coming from the rear of the car.
Thought it was suspension squeaking/grating, not a noise |'ve heard before.
Popped into my garage on the way home, we did a quick noise and he diagnosed dust in the drums
Wheels off, drums cleaned out and a shoes cleaned, another quick test drive all sorted
Total cost £0 can't beat that for good service :)

Had to do a run up to East Surrey Hospital this morning and some strange noises coming from the rear of the car.
Thought it was suspension squeaking/grating, not a noise |'ve heard before.
Popped into my garage on the way home, we did a quick noise and he diagnosed dust in the drums
Wheels off, drums cleaned out and a shoes cleaned, another quick test drive all sorted
Total cost £0 can't beat that for good service :)
obviously not a main stealer then?

Nope, a local independent, one you can trust to do a job properly and a decent price
I've helped him out in the past

You just need to find the right main dealer. 30 odd years ago, I had an old Mk1 Fiesta that I had put into an MOT testing garage( they didn't do repairs) the car passed but the tester pointed out that the steering was knocking on full lock and the CV joints were obviously on their way out. So I went to my local Ford dealer and booked it in to have the CV joints replaced. When I went to pick the car up, they told me that the CV joints were just fine and didn't need replacing, they had put it all back together and checked the tracking which was out of alignment, they realigned the tracking and the knocking had stopped, all I was charged for was the realignment.
Another time I had a Mondeo, it was making a squeaking noise that someone suggested might be a bearing as they'd had a similar noise, took it to the same dealer, told them the problem, they sent a mechanic out to look at my car, popped the bonnet open, fumbled around the engine and it made the same squeak, asked if that was the noise, to which I agreed, he went back into the workshop and came back with a can of silicone spray, Sprayed it on a rubber hose and a plastic clip that held it in place and the squeaking stopped. No charge.
Another Ford dealer and another Mondeo, my car was in having some work done, can't remember what, but they had to remove the engine under tray. Whilst under the car the mechanic noticed some of the boost hoses were loose, also some of the screws and clips for the under tray were missing. He tightened up all the boost hoses, some of the jubilee clips were broken so he replaced them, plus not only did he replace the missing screws and clips, but he replaced the rest of the screws and clips too. All free and no extra charge on top of the work the car had gone in for.

Blimey, I bet you're not a bloke at all? You're really a gorgeous blonde with big boobs who wears a mini-skirt. :ROFLMAO:
Quite the opposite. ;)
Back in the eighties, when I was in my 20's, I had a girlfriend who would wear a vest top whenever she was taking her car in for work, this vest top was like a string vest, but the holes were tiny. She would always go braless and the holes were just big enough to show a bit of flesh underneath and the darker skin tone of her nipples. Quite funny the reactions she would get. Especially if it was a young lad, they would get quite flustered. :)

Reactions: Sky
You just need to find the right main dealer. 30 odd years ago, I had an old Mk1 Fiesta that I had put into an MOT testing garage( they didn't do repairs) the car passed but the tester pointed out that the steering was knocking on full lock and the CV joints were obviously on their way out. So I went to my local Ford dealer and booked it in to have the CV joints replaced. When I went to pick the car up, they told me that the CV joints were just fine and didn't need replacing, they had put it all back together and checked the tracking which was out of alignment, they realigned the tracking and the knocking had stopped, all I was charged for was the realignment.
Another time I had a Mondeo, it was making a squeaking noise that someone suggested might be a bearing as they'd had a similar noise, took it to the same dealer, told them the problem, they sent a mechanic out to look at my car, popped the bonnet open, fumbled around the engine and it made the same squeak, asked if that was the noise, to which I agreed, he went back into the workshop and came back with a can of silicone spray, Sprayed it on a rubber hose and a plastic clip that held it in place and the squeaking stopped. No charge.
Another Ford dealer and another Mondeo, my car was in having some work done, can't remember what, but they had to remove the engine under tray. Whilst under the car the mechanic noticed some of the boost hoses were loose, also some of the screws and clips for the under tray were missing. He tightened up all the boost hoses, some of the jubilee clips were broken so he replaced them, plus not only did he replace the missing screws and clips, but he replaced the rest of the screws and clips too. All free and no extra charge on top of the work the car had gone in for.
I had a Ford main dealer who charged me to replace steering ball joints as part of an MOT. A year on & 8000-9000 miles later, they failed the car for the same problem. When I pointed out they had failed it a year earlier & replaced the ball joints they said oops, we better check them again. Amazingly they passed.

Now were they being over zealous in failing the car, or had the replacement ball joints (both of them) failed prematurely?

A neighbour who was a mechanic checked them for me & they were fine.......

I went to another dealer after that.

I’ve only been to Ford main dealer twice. First time, about 50 years ago, it included an oil change. Next day I drove from South London to Bedgebury Pinetum in Kent. When I came back to the car the oil warning light stayed on, checked, no oil! Oil plug was still in place (luckily) but loose! Luckily a chap in a Reliant 3-wheeler gave me enough oil to get home.

Second time, in Leeds, about 30 years ago, I put car in for an MOT which it failed due to a headlight mounting being rusted through. I left it for them to replace the headlight. When I returned, they had done a good job replacing the headlight — but the wrong one!

I did have a win also about 50 years ago, buying a Ford from a main dealer through contacts for next to nothing due to it having some major fault with the engine. When I got it the engine would run a short time and cut out — the choke was stuck on. Once that was corrected that there was nothing wrong with it. When my contacts checked back it seemed the previous owner was told it needed a new engine (because they had one in stock for some reason) he elected to buy a new car instead.

I had a Ford main dealer who charged me to replace steering ball joints as part of an MOT. A year on & 8000-9000 miles later, they failed the car for the same problem. When I pointed out they had failed it a year earlier & replaced the ball joints they said oops, we better check them again. Amazingly they passed.

Now were they being over zealous in failing the car, or had the replacement ball joints (both of them) failed prematurely?

A neighbour who was a mechanic checked them for me & they were fine.......

I went to another dealer after that.
Some dealers are renowned for trying it on. When I worked at Dagenham there was a Ford dealer right next to the factory. They had their normal workshop and their Rapid Fit workshop next door, the Rapid Fit workshop was brilliant, never heard of anyone having a problem, but the main workshop had a terrible reputation.

Some dealers are renowned for trying it on. When I worked at Dagenham there was a Ford dealer right next to the factory. They had their normal workshop and their Rapid Fit workshop next door, the Rapid Fit workshop was brilliant, never heard of anyone having a problem, but the main workshop had a terrible reputation.
I am sure that it's not just Ford dealers, my experience of main dealers of many different brands is the more expensive the car, the more the dealer tries to seperate you from your cash. These big posh dealerships must cost an arm and a leg to operate. You end up paying dearly for the complementary biscuits & fresh coffee. My wife's last car (BMW X3) came without a manual for the 'infotainment' system, BMW wanted £20-£30, I put it to the salesman that charging for this was an insult on a £52k list price car...... I got one for free a week later.

Back