WCMUT....what cheered me up today

Our sliding "double" doors open into a conservatory now and it's only a small one (3m x 3m). The room they open out of is small too! I'd love to put double doors in to open it out more but there isn't the space. :( Tempted to get a bi-fold set but might have to live with the small opening a bit longer!

Not today but did make me laugh...

I gave my sister a lift home and was baffled by her fiddling with the passenger seat until I realised she was trying to tilt it forward to get in the back... forgetting that my car has four doors, hers only two :D

Using the (very good!) instructions and fitting the screen as mentioned in post #6,345.

I broke a tooth/filling 12 days ago & with fear & trepidation phoned my NHS dentist, expecting a long delay having read media reports of people waiting months for treatment.

I had my appointment today, happy to say my tooth has been filled; I was in and out of the dental surgery in less than 15 minutes, the only downside was the £65 it cost me. I even managed to book checkups for the two of us in 3 weeks time.

Mrs WW is suffering but has to wait a bit for an appointment at our local dentist. I'm hoping she can get her second jab before she goes.

WCMUT

We went to the supermarket and Mrs WW bought me a nice floral summer shirt and is putting it away until Christmas day. She said it's a shame I wont get it until Christmas as I won't want to wear it, it being winter and all. "Oh yes I will!" :D

Ah. I see the little forum hamsters have quite correctly edited my post. What was I thinking :D

I think Chris has set autocowrecked to change the C word relating to Saturnalia to "Its far too early".

Another WCMUT

Mrs WW announced she wants to make her own dinner and it's something I don't like (she's Thai and makes some things I can't or wont eat, possibly containing eggs or mushrooms which I don't eat) but luckily there'll be enough left over stuff I do like to make a dinner for me! :D

I normally say "You have no evidence that'll stand up in court."

I normally say "You have no evidence that'll stand up in court."

"I wasn't there when it didn't happen..."

A mate (long dead, unfortunately) was up in front of the beak on a motoring charge and when he was asked if he had anything to say in his defence, he pulled out a pack of B&H, flipped the lid open and spake the immortal line "Beam me up, Scotty!". Got him an extra fine for contempt of court but raised the roof!

WCMUT was our opposite neighbour presenting Mrs Nod with one of several of the trout he caught yesterday while match fishing. About 20" long from tail to head stub (it was gutted, scaled and headless!). I suppose I should have weighed it but I was more interested in filleting and skinning it ready for lunch. Half the thing was plenty, with a few new potatoes and some peas.

My cellphone contract ending, so now instead of £42.00 a month, I'll be back to just paying £6.00. :banana:

I'd not had a contract for more than ten years, but a couple of years ago when I needed a new phone, I was skint due to spending all my 'loose change' on camera kit and I couldn't justify shelling out £500.00 ish for a new one. Expensive HP huh? :banghead::facepalm:

More What Cheered the Mrs Up.

She was listening to Radio in her car and Sara Cox played Would You by Touch And Go. It's not a song she's payed much attention to before but she noted that the style of the trumpeter sounded familiar. It was when Sara Cox mentioned the name of the trumpeter, James Lynch, that she realised that she was in a swing band with him back in the day.

What keeps a Mrs happy makes the Mr's life more pleasant!!! :D

WCMUT.

Slagging off computers and smartphones in the annoying thread :D

Mrs WW made some sweet potato buns today, they're delicious! But she ran out of sweet potato so she used a square of dark cooking chocolate for the rest and it was one of those that I've just had and despite being piping hot and burning my mouth guess what... It was delicious! :D

1. Mrs Nod getting Jab 2.
2. A lovely, sunny trundle up to Moretonhampstead and down to Ullacombe Farm Café for...
3. ...a delicious slice of pie for lunch.
4. While there, we were treated to a fly-by from a Buzzard (not an uncommon sight but it was fairly low and very close), followed a few minutes later by a Red Kite (far rarer down here, so a real treat!)
5. Followed by an ice cream up at Hay Tor, watching the pony foals then...
6. ...a trip back down to Teignmouth and home along the coast road.

Replaced the dodgy sensor and wire on my nearside front wheel which has been triggering the ABS warning light. The model forums talked of all sorts of problems with rusted bolts, broken sockets and sensors that refuse to part company with the hub. A good wire brush, spray with plus gas, drink tea then it all came off and went back on like a dream. ABS light out and everything back working as it should. Result! :)

Found a small slit in my tyre, right where it is attached to the rim of the alloy wheel.

Went down to the local tyre people I always use and ask for a new tyre.
They had a look at it and said I didn't need one, it's a cushion zone for potholes, kerbs etc and mine looks like
it's been caused by hitting a pothole, plenty of those about

Last edited:
Mrs WW went to school today and on the way out one of the tutors asked her if she'd like to be an assistant as he has some Thai students who are struggling a bit on his English course. Mrs WW is Thai so this is a win win for her as she likes going to school and she'd love to meet more Thai people living here plus she'll get paid too. She should do well as she finished that course and has also done a translation course too.

:D

We'll have to get her a NI number and look into how to go about being self employed.

Local photographer finally sent me the pics from the family photoshoot that we booked and I'm beyond happy. Just in time for me to make a smartshow 3d video for Father's day with some new photos and not just family archives.

WCMUT ? Watching Wales beat Turkey 2-0. Didn't expect Gareth B to miss a penalty though. No doubt he didn't expect it either..lol. He did, however,make up for it in the last minutes of extra time with a wonderful pass to Connor Roberts in the box who scored the second one.

WCMUT ? Watching Wales beat Turkey 2-0. Didn't expect Gareth B to miss a penalty though. No doubt he didn't expect it either..lol. He did, however,make up for it in the last minutes of extra time with a wonderful pass to Connor Roberts in the box who scored the second one.

Only watched the 2nd half but it was very entertaining. The penalty was the 1st to completely miss the frame of the goal in a Euros finals outside of shootouts.

What amused me was the tactic Bale used in making the Turks think he was going to just try to keep the ball in the corner before suddenly turning towards goal was exactly the same as the previous corner. They didn't learn.

Only watched the 2nd half but it was very entertaining. The penalty was the 1st to completely miss the frame of the goal in a Euros finals outside of shootouts.

What amused me was the tactic Bale used in making the Turks think he was going to just try to keep the ball in the corner before suddenly turning towards goal was exactly the same as the previous corner. They didn't learn.

I recall the commentator saying Bale should do that. ie keep it in the corner. That's not Bale's style. He certainly seems to have got his mojo/magic back since his move to Spurs where fans were still waiting to see it after the season ended.

As an aside. He was interviewed recently and asked what he'd do next season and his answer was " I don't want to say anything until after the Euros because it will be a shock " Retiring ? Would that be a 'shock' I don't think so. I don't think he has a coaching badge..I'm sure he hasn't. Answers on a postcard addressed to...and received no later than July 18th. Final on the 20th :D

Last edited:
This didn't actually cheer me up but made me smile.

It concerns a 16 year old cat called Frankie who went missing on May 19th. for several weeks from his home in Warrington. Nearby was a motorway so the owners feared the worst. Infact, one day whilst driving along it from Lymm they passed a dead cat that was on the hard shoulder. It looked like their cat..ie the markings. The couple called Highways who sent out staff to recover the body. The couple called again were told that the dead cat matched the description of Frankie. The staff were unable to get a reading from it's ID tag so the couple collected it. It was so badly disfigured it was unrecognisable.The family had it cremated bidding Frankie farewell. Great sadness..until very shortly afterwards they heard a meow at the back door. Standing there was a very thin, bedraggled Frankie wanting in :) . The family now wonder whose cat they cremated.

What cheered me up?
Being given the opportunity to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth :D
I was invited to post a trust pilot review on the last Hermes delivery.
And yes I was very honest (y)

Looking at a few other negatives It seems they just post a stock reply,
Yes the box was a bit dented,, it was the contents that were damaged well, killed actually ( plants out of pots roots bare, leaves covered in dirt and crushed etc)
due to ignoring "Fragile" and "This way up" stickers / tape .
Unfortunately, I can't respond to their response, of passing the buck.
The seller is kindly going to send replacements

Reply from Hermes UK

Hello, I'm really sorry to read that your parcel arrived damaged. We successfully deliver millions of parcels each year, every parcel travels through miles of conveyor belts and lots of vehicles so occasionally parcels can be damaged. If your parcel is from a retailer, please get in touch with them directly, they'll be able to help with a replacement or refund if needed. Take care, Safeena

Last edited:
I was invited to post a trust pilot review on the last Hermes delivery. And yes I was very honest (y)

If only it made a difference eh? I wouldn't have time to do anything else in life if I had to submit a report after every Hermes failure I'm subjected to. :banghead:

I was gutted this morning to read a delivery update telling me that they're delivering something today.

So what's your best guess?

1. Late.
2. Damaged.
3. In this weather; box soaking wet and falling to bits.
4. A message saying they tried to deliver, but . . .

• Sad
Reactions: Sky
If it was a delivery to me,
#3 is her favorite when its raining.( like today, hissing down)
or #4 if its not

Nope - number 4. A message saying they tried to deliver . . .

Useless, lying basta**s - there are about fifteen staff in and around the reception area, so there is no way they can fail to deliver. What they mean is they're not coming today. :mad: :banghead:

Next day/Prime delivery is brilliant from Amazon, but if they use Hermes; it's a guaranteed fail. Every single bloody time. :notworthy:

Back