What are you planning re haircuts

I used to have shoulder length hair in the 60s and early 70s so I guess I’ll just have to relive my youth and let my “freak flag fly” (nod to Dave Crosby). It did look pretty terrible then though.

Been using a 'beard trimmer' for a few years on my head, so will just carry on. Pleased that I bought a rechargeable Philips late last year for about £15 with a bunch of different length attachments.

Same here but around once a week. For about the same amount of time too.

Just let her do the sides ;) My boy has longish dyed black hair with the whole sides and back shaved, it does really suit him actually. I shave that for him every other weekend when I have them. I think when it grows around the back and around the ears is when it starts to look untidy in that sort of style.

I might do, I like the tossed, just got out of bed look anyhow :D

I now do my own haircut , being a slaphead just run a number 3 clippers over what hair is left , Job done :giggle:

Last edited:
I normally get my hair cut every 4 - 5 weeks, and I went to the barber just before the lock down started, so I should be good for another month or so. If everything remains shut, my hair will get a bit untidy but that's pretty trivial in the current situation.

I normally trim the beard (goatee style) and the head is trimmed! in at zero and in warm weather shaved, now I’m just gonna let it grow for the duration, at least till it annoys me or SWMBO says otherwise.

The wife has shortish hair and has asked about how hers can be done with the clippers, not sure if I’m brave enough to try to trim hers but we’ll wait and see how long this lasts.

Last edited:
Before, floppy fringe driving me mad
Before1.JPG

After

After1.JPG

Reckon the mrs did a decent job.

My partner's a hair dresser :D

Self; trimmer; once a week - job done. Been doing it for umpteen years. Oddly enough, it seems to get easier as time goes on. Almost as if I have less hair to cut... :oops: :$

Bald head selfie TZ70 P1030608.JPG

My partner's a hair dresser :D

So was mine, many moons ago!

Usually have a #1 all over every few weeks but have sort of decided to let it grow until lockdown is over. Luckily, the fringe dangling into my eyes is rather unlikely to be a problem these days!!! Will be trimming the lip line of the moustache but letting the beard grow.

I have cut my own hair for five decades. Always hated having to go to a barber.
I can do a semi reasonable job with electric clippers, scissors and a comb (plus two mirrors).
Attitude helps a lot. If I make hash of it I don't care.

Oops looks like I'm a 5 :)

I have cut my own hair for five decades. Always hated having to go to a barber.
I can do a semi reasonable job with electric clippers, scissors and a comb (plus two mirrors).
Attitude helps a lot. If I make hash of it I don't care.
Would love to see a photo.....:)

Are you sure it's good? :p

Many years ago, I got fed up with cheap barbers doing a terrible job (my hair is very difficult to cut as it grows in different directions, and is straight and wavy on different parts of my head). Mainly cos the barbers weren't really trained very well. Couldn't afford any better. So after one particularly harrowing cut, I bought a cheap set of Wahl clippers from Argos, and did it myself. After a couple of attempts (fortunately my hair grows pretty quickly), I got the hang of it, and could even do the back reasonably well. But better than the barbers usually managed; I'd go in looking like Charles Manson and come out looking like Ian Brady. Not good looks. I really don't like the 'I've just been released from a secure institution' type look. So I started going to my partner's hairdresser. She's truly gifted, and finally I had haircuts I really liked. Money well spent.

Due to the current lockdown, I missed my scheduled cut, and had to resort to the old Wahls. I'm a bit out of practice. Fortunately, the 'I've just been released from a secure institution' suits the Lockdown era. There's blokes out there with much worse. There's developed a knowing look between men; 'yeah mate, I know, I know...'.

I had No.2 on that chart one time, when I didn't secure the plastic guard properly and it fel off just before the clippers reached my head, but without me realising.

It was a couple of days before it occurred to me that I could simply zero the whole lot. Still; I quite enjoyed the sympathy and concern from strangers. Made me feel cared for.

My son in law cuts his own hair, just a fairly - not very - short clip all over. He's happy with it and so is my daughter, but I'll stick to my Turkish barber when he reopens!

I thought I might just buy a bowler hat and some dark sunglasses, and go for the Cousin Itt look. :giggle:

:wave: Long time no see, around these parts, Ian. I trust you are well?

HI Cobra! Still lurk in here but we are all keeping well and hope it's the same with you. At least we are having this excellent start to Spring after what felt like the longest Autumn season ever. Mind you, we've been kept indoors by incessant rain and wind for the past 6 months and now we can't properly get out and fully enjoy this fine weather without feeling guilty for it, :rolleyes::D

So Mrs F decided she could take no more this evening and borrowed my clippers and a 12mm comb! :eek:

So Mrs F decided she could take no more this evening and borrowed my clippers and a 12mm comb! :eek:

Not that brave ... but I have had to resort to dyeing my own hair as I can't stand the roots anymore ... and hacking my fringe. :)

Not that brave ... but I have had to resort to dyeing my own hair as I can't stand the roots anymore ... and hacking my fringe. :)

She dyes her own when she gets it cut she's going to have to wait for next week's Ocado delivery for the dye.

My hair is getting long so I thought I'd order some clippers but many were out of stock. I eventually found one in stock and ordered it but when the email confirmation came the delivery date was mid June so I found another one due 10th May. The June one can go straight back when it comes, assuming the 10th May one comes.

Back