What birds or bird have you seen today – communal thread, I hope!

it must be able to eat to have got to the stage as it looks like a birth defect (see the twisting) rather than a break or similar
I'd love to know with that goose a cause ,because it is so remarkable that it's doing i'll probably never know
The other thing that occurred to me, was maybe ask one of the wardens at Slimbridge if this bird has been seen in the past and even as a juvenile ( with the deformity) ?
I guess it depends on how closely they "look" at the population.

cheers mate oh and for what you do for the forum
And Thanks :)

Last edited:
Brave lads ans lasses diving for scraps in the Cheetah pen, ( does that make them "captive"? :D )
And yes the cheetahs were at home!
I even managed a gob shot too :D

129A1429
by Chris, on Flickr

And then scrapping over the scraps

129A1437
by Chris, on Flickr

129A1411
by Chris, on Flickr

It looks like most Greylags found in England will be 'resident', only some in the North going elsewhere (RSPB) ... so I doubt this one has been very far from Gloucestershire.

Mate cheers for this I think you are right went back to the paper I'd checked against and it seems to confirm this my bad . I didn't look at the map carefully enough.

cheers for the correction Roger :cool:
Chris thaks for the help:)
Stu

Mate cheers for this I think you are right went back to the paper I'd checked against and it seems to confirm this my bad . I didn't look at the map carefully enough.

cheers for the correction Roger :cool:
Chris thaks for the help:)
Stu
I've passed the photo to the Senior Warden, it has not been observed there before so maybe came in with some others.

missing my local Herons recently :)
Yeah, they are all "over here" trying to nick my pond fish :(
I wouldn't mind so much but there is about a dozen very large lakes all within easy flying distance!

Yeah, they are all "over here" trying to nick my pond fish :(
I wouldn't mind so much but there is about a dozen very large lakes all within easy flying distance!
:D

Two cracking Goosander shots, Gary - easy to see from #1 why they are called sawbills! :clap:

Russ
Thanks for viewing and commenting.
The face on the second image is not as sharp as I would have liked. 1/1000sec is where I should have been and not 1/800sec.

@Martin Clay 3 good images, love the GC Grebes ... must make the trip to try and catch the weed dancing and later the chicks riding the backs. :)

Back