What birds or bird have you seen today – communal thread, I hope!

Don't know bird species I admit. I'm sure someone here knows what these little birds are :

talkphoto.jpg

Love that. Is it Doonfoot please? Was there a few days ago and it seems a great place for waders.

Yes Dale it is. :)
I find everywhere very quiet for birds right now but so surprised this lot never took off as I was quite close.
Cathy

These two Oystercatchers were on the same outcrop as the gulls(above) and about 50 metres from them and lost both chicks..maybe to the several GBB gulls there. It was sad to hear one of the Oytsercatches crying out looking for them. I was told that one of the GBB Gull chicks went missing too, possibly by another GBB gull. It's tough out there.

1424kfd.jpg

2d94chv.jpg

1zbc6m8.jpg

BFE2EFAB-22F1-40C9-AE75-8B3A1ADF7E8A.jpeg 33F59AB5-B38D-497B-BDC2-C15FBCD516D8.jpeg 7BA6D9A1-6F00-47A5-8B6E-950F0CD24627.jpeg Out and about today. A sunbathing Whitethroat and a couple of duck families My first thought was Gadwall, but there was a female Gadwall nearby, so I know it wasn’t a Gadwall and this one was slightly bigger. It looks almost like a Tufted Duck in colour, but it was far too big. Any ideas? Edit ... looks like a female Pochard to me after looking it up. (Bottom photo)

Last edited:
Back