What car do you drive?

here's mine :)

_GM27167.jpg

_GM27180.jpg

_GM27169.jpg

JayD said:
The ZZR12 is more economical, due to the fuel injection and the fairing. The ZRX1200 is like riding a brick through treacle! It's the retro bike, mine looks like the GPz's, unfortunately the fuel consumption is very retro aswell.

Carbs on mine. They ice up sometimes at motorway speeds, which is interesting.

Carbs on mine. They ice up sometimes at motorway speeds, which is interesting.

Oh God, the first and only time carb icing happened to me was in '87 (i was 19), riding home from Taunton to Stafford, on an '80 GS850 (shaftie). Was sitting at a cracking speed, and went to roll off the throttle when someone pulled into my lane and.....nowt. Just kept ploughing on at 90 or so mph. I shot between 2 cars, cracked my knee on a wing mirror and went screaming into the distance! I hadn't realised it was so cold. Apart from that i've never suffered from carb icing, don't know why.

2006 Mondeo ST 2.2 TDCI
179195_447560005276504_1211356485_n.jpg

529545_441622022536969_1467147918_n.jpg

391563_445856238780214_602431046_n.jpg

I bought this earlier this year, a great mix of affordability & fuel consumption & goes like stink when it needs to on these rural country roads for overtaking & that. I also love the sporty look of it to be honest, much much better car than my 2.0 1999 vectra and is pretty much top spec with plenty of toys, plenty of room, BIG boot & very comfortable seats. I dont regret buying it at all

Daz

Last edited:
Here's mine - 135i - fun on four wheels!! Can't help thinking of it as a go kart with a jet engine :)

My_135i.jpg

Think i am going to get the lomax back on the road next year. Been sat in mum's garage for the last 10 years. Needs a new carb or rebuild the one thats on it, new cv boots and tyres should be good to go then.

I know it's "only a Mondeo", but they do look damned good don't they?

I agree with ya they do look pretty dam good & defo lots of car for the money.

the car i drive at work is a BMW 5 series 2.0 diesel & yes its a fab premium brand car & seems to be built much better, the difference in price between the 2 cars when bought (not new) was about 15k but the bmw is defo not 15k a better car & i still love & prefer mine :)

Last edited:
What's the bike?

It's an Aprilia Futura - had it for about 10 years before trading it in April. Got a K1200GT in 2011 so seemed a bit daft having two sports tourers so traded it for a R1200GS after finding out just how much fun they are on the twisties when I had one as a loaner.........

2006 Mondeo ST 2.2 TDCI
I bought this earlier this year, a great mix of affordability & fuel consumption & goes like stink when it needs to on these rural country roads for overtaking & that. I also love the sporty look of it to be honest, much much better car than my 2.0 1999 vectra and is pretty much top spec with plenty of toys, plenty of room, BIG boot & very comfortable seats. I dont regret buying it at all

Daz

Mine (in Panther Black) was posted several pages back, photos probably gone now. They are great cars aren't they. I've never sat in standard ST TDCi seats, but have to agree the Recaros are very comfy, they were my only "want" when looking for a car. I seldom use Sat Navs so wasn't disappointed in not having one. Sunroof would have been nice though.

I know it's "only a Mondeo", but they do look damned good don't they?

As your a Mondeo owner yourself, I know your only quoting those that have never even tried a Mondeo.(y)

As your a Mondeo owner yourself, I know your only quoting those that have never even tried a Mondeo.(y)

Yep, I love my Mondy to bits!!! :D
It's the 130bhp, tunes and chipped and is knocking on the door of 180bhp, And cos it's diesel....all the luvvvvverly torrrrrrrrque! :D

Mine (in Panther Black) was posted several pages back, photos probably gone now. They are great cars aren't they. I've never sat in standard ST TDCi seats, but have to agree the Recaros are very comfy, they were my only "want" when looking for a car. I seldom use Sat Navs so wasn't disappointed in not having one. Sunroof would have been nice though.

:

how do your seats compare to mine, these are half leather recaros.......... (which i believe are rare)

I love the sat nav, it wasn't an actual requirement, but the car i found had it so hey bonus. Also it has Bluetooth phone system via sat nav screen and the system can be controlled all via voice and it works well :) (i didnt know this at the time) for radio, cd, mp3, telephone & sat nav & climate control.......very neat bit of kit.

also the heated front screen is brilliant especially on the cold frosty morning we been having :)

Daz

Last edited:
how do your seats compare to mine, these are half leather recaros.......... (which i believe are rare)

I love the sat nav, it wasn't an actual requirement, but the car i found had it so hey bonus. Also it has Bluetooth phone system via sat nav screen and the system can be controlled all via voice and it works well :) (i didnt know this at the time) for radio, cd, mp3, telephone & sat nav & climate control.......very neat bit of kit.

also the heated front screen is brilliant especially on the cold frosty morning we been having :)

Daz

I have the same half leather Recaros as yourself. I believe they were something like £1000 as an optional extra. ST220's have full leather Recaros. The standard ST TDci seats are similar to the Titanium X seat except Tit X had cooling as well as heated seats. Also Tit X seats are only two way movement electric seats where as ours are 8 way.
I have the standard Sony 6CD stereo although the CD carriage now plays up and wont allow CD's to play. Relegated to just radio until I can be bothered to buy an mp3 player or phone I can connect to the Aux socket in the glovebox.
Are you on STdriveRS forum? Lots of helpful tips on there, if you should encounter any problems.

Yep, I love my Mondy to bits!!! :D
It's the 130bhp, tunes and chipped and is knocking on the door of 180bhp, And cos it's diesel....all the luvvvvverly torrrrrrrrque! :D

Just becareful you don't use it all in 1st and 2nd gear too often. I killed my slave cylinder last month with 190bhp and 326lb/ft torque. As clutch was worn and dmf starting to go (92k aint too bad I suppose) I had the lot replaced.

I have the same half leather Recaros as yourself. I believe they were something like £1000 as an optional extra. ST220's have full leather Recaros. The standard ST TDci seats are similar to the Titanium X seat except Tit X had cooling as well as heated seats. Also Tit X seats are only two way movement electric seats where as ours are 8 way.
I have the standard Sony 6CD stereo although the CD carriage now plays up and wont allow CD's to play. Relegated to just radio until I can be bothered to buy an mp3 player or phone I can connect to the Aux socket in the glovebox.
Are you on STdriveRS forum? Lots of helpful tips on there, if you should encounter any problems.

cheers for that, yes the seats are well comfy, supportive & love the 8 way electric movement :) I am on StDrivers Forum :) The CD carriage in my boot does play up from time to time just needs a tap & re inserting, Howevere i found if you change CD when car is stopped it works as it should so that easily sorted. Can also insert MP3 CD into head unit which i prefer

Daz

Last edited:
Just becareful you don't use it all in 1st and 2nd gear too often. I killed my slave cylinder last month with 190bhp and 326lb/ft torque. As clutch was worn and dmf starting to go (92k aint too bad I suppose) I had the lot replaced.
I was a bit lucky on that score. 2 months before I bought the car, the DMF was replaced with an SMF, new slave, the lot at a cost of over 1k to the other owner! :D I don't accelerate hard anyway, I was brought up in the '80's on 2-stroke bikes where the common rule was build it up gently in the first 3 gears, then rip it in the top 3 gears. Saved a fortune on crankshaft rebuilds! lol. But ripping a KH750 (widowmaker) in 3rd, 4th, and 5th was downright dangerous! haha.

I am on StDrivers Forum :)
Daz
I was on Talk Ford, the sister site to the STDrivers. I found them to be awful people, for the most part. Damned do-gooders some of them and a lot with over inflated egos, delusions of grandeur and an unlikely view of their own self worth! They almost all went on about modding their cars, some with ridiculous amounts of bhp, then, when I mentioned that I like driving at night, I can drive faster, I got SLATED by all these car modders who, of course, never ever break the speed limit with their 250bhp Focus'. :D I think I disappeared, along with many others after a tirade of abuse by a forum mod (in private messages) about setting a bad example, albeit with many swear words. This from a mod who NEVER EVER drives his modded Focus RS at more than 59.5mph. :D:D:D
Rant over. :)

I was on Talk Ford, the sister site to the STDrivers. I found them to be awful people, for the most part. Damned do-gooders some of them and a lot with over inflated egos, delusions of grandeur and an unlikely view of their own self worth! They almost all went on about modding their cars, some with ridiculous amounts of bhp, then, when I mentioned that I like driving at night, I can drive faster, I got SLATED by all these car modders who, of course, never ever break the speed limit with their 250bhp Focus'. :D I think I disappeared, along with many others after a tirade of abuse by a forum mod (in private messages) about setting a bad example, albeit with many swear words. This from a mod who NEVER EVER drives his modded Focus RS at more than 59.5mph. :D:D:D
Rant over. :)

I don't think they are that friendly a community, talk & is kinda very slow therefore don't spend much time there, just if i have any issues i cant solve i take a look.

Daz

cant remember if i posted a pic of my new one...

my modded tdci blew up last year, so got a new one!! no mods as yet, warranty period lol

Front1copy.jpg

Back1copy.jpg

Ok, heres my ST220, hopefully be moved on soon cos I want a Titanium X Sport. Shes a thirsty bugger but comfortable to drive, plenty of ooommph and I still love the look of the saloon!
Excuse the wonky horizon!
DSC00162.jpg

outside_zpsc395ee9a.jpg

Leather Recaros
inside_zps81d59ac5.jpg

after2-1.jpg

Good call on the EGR blanking plate Jamie :D

Keep an eye on the metal pipe that leads to the egr valve. I know of someone who had to replace theirs as the exhaust gasses eventually burnt a hole in it under the fabric heat shield.

I've yet to blank my egr valve, mines just unplugged, but when I do blank it I'll remove the metal pipe and blank off the cooler too.

Will do. I've used the one with the small hole in it as I don't want the light on so hopefully that'll take a little bit of pressure away from this pipe?

The ones with holes, won't save your egr. The soot still gets through and will still likely make the egr fail. I just keep a code reader in the glovebox, read the codes around once a month just to check nothing else is wrong and then delete them. Light goes out for a couple of journeys, before it's back on but I seldom notice it's on.

I've already posted this in my XF thread but I'm so excited that I feel a need to post it again!

GP appointment tomorrow and if he gives me the OK, I can reapply for my license. Once the application is on the DVLA's system, I can get back behind the wheel. After the GP, I shall be heading to the Post Office with the forms to get them off special delivery. Never know my luck, could be back on the road by (or very soon after) xmas.

Is it safe to use an aluminium one without the hole?

just picked up our second up, the 5 door variety this time with Maps and More. Very cool little car

I've already posted this in my XF thread but I'm so excited that I feel a need to post it again!

GP appointment tomorrow and if he gives me the OK, I can reapply for my license. Once the application is on the DVLA's system, I can get back behind the wheel. After the GP, I shall be heading to the Post Office with the forms to get them off special delivery. Never know my luck, could be back on the road by (or very soon after) xmas.

Good luck with that dude. I just cannot imagine being without my licence. It would drive me (pun intended) round the bend.

It's gotta be thick aluminium. I have 3mm steel on mine. Something the thickness of a coke can will just blow straight through.

Cheers, I wasn't too keen on aluminium to be honest, especially as they were quoting 1.5mm etc! I found a 3mm steel one though and it's ordered! The only other thing on my list now is to find what's causing that rattling sound behind the steering wheel. It's become worse and definitely sounds like something is loose and floating about.

I'm not a big car person but I'm getting an itch for an ST220 now and the wife ain't happy with you guys! haha

Back