What car do you drive?

(y) Must be worth a fortune by now too, a Mk1 with a decent shell ..

Are the headlights the Lucas sealed beams or have you got the Cibie Biodes with two H1 bulbs? (I used to run a set of them in my Imp, the main beam is superb, but they're so expensive now that I dare not fit them to the latest Imp in case one gets broken :eek: )

Yes, certainly becoming valuable. :) The shell on the car is still the original type 49 & is one of the best I have seen.

The lights are indeed the Cibie ones & am thinking of putting some "Works type" protectors on them for when it is driven as I am scared that one may get chipped or smashed by a stone.

Love the old Imp's Made for a very good rally car & look great when sat on Minilites. There was a lovely Blue one at this years Autosport show at the NEC complete with driver signatures etc. :cool::cool::cool:

I'll happily buy our cheap old car back if it still has rear wheelarches :thinking: ... A step-daughter would love it! ;)

Cheap? Didn't you know it's a classic - just like a 5D...

'Kin dealer would give us a bleedin' warranty though! (Not that it needed one.)

'Kin dealer probably thought it was much more important to maintain his good, ongoing friendly relationship with his warranty company! :whistle:

lol!

2004 Audi A3 2.0 FSi Sport. It is what it is, bit of a work horse with around 30mpg around town. I change cars like the weather, I'm only 20 and I think this is car 8 or 9!
I want a fun car again (hot hatch, turbo!), but I also want a more practical car (5 door diesel), but can't have both!

Edit - Just counted, this is car 10.

We have a recent addition to the stable... Just call us John and Pauline!

IMG-20130514-00028.jpg

IMG-20130514-00030.jpg

Mine is the small engined one and hers is the V8!

I want a fun car again (hot hatch, turbo!), but I also want a more practical car (5 door diesel), but can't have both!
Not a hot hatch but a very practical and fun 5dr diesel.
post-25623-0-32809300-1307213042_thumb.jpg

:LOL:(y)

You couldn't go dogging in that though...maybe puppying.

Ooops, meant for gman.

Last edited:
lol @ Andy. Oh, and cringe at the thought of dogging :puke:

Definitely a Mondeo I reckon Jake, perhaps an ST?

What model is that? (dont say mondeo :LOL:) I wouldn't want to spend anymore than my Audi is now worth (3-4k)

ST TDCi although they are usually £5k upwards. You may be lucky to find one for less. Failing that you could get a 2.2TDCi Titanium X for £3-4k, most don't have the skirts and spoilers although some were built with them, but just fit some eibach springs and your away.

ST TDCi although they are usually £5k upwards. You may be lucky to find one for less. Failing that you could get a 2.2TDCi Titanium X for £3-4k, most don't have the skirts and spoilers although some were built with them, but just fit some eibach springs and your away.

I thought it was an ST! It's annoying having a petrol, when my GF lives 60 miles away in Uni times, and with a trip to Skye planned in August, it's going to be a lot of miles!

I thought it was an ST! It's annoying having a petrol, when my GF lives 60 miles away in Uni times, and with a trip to Skye planned in August, it's going to be a lot of miles!

I'm finding petrol to be cheaper for me than the previous diesel. Less fuel filters, oil changes, no expensive turbo to go wrong, no dmf to go wrong and generally less to go wrong lol. Plus diesel is more expensive at the pumps. I don't do serious mileage though, probably about 10K a year.

I'm finding petrol to be cheaper for me than the previous diesel. Less fuel filters, oil changes, no expensive turbo to go wrong, no dmf to go wrong and generally less to go wrong lol. Plus diesel is more expensive at the pumps. I don't do serious mileage though, probably about 10K a year.

I've just hit 10k since I've owned the Audi, in just over 6 months. I know what you mean ref diesel maintenance, especially those DPF's! During the next 6 months, bar the trip to Skye my mileage will be fairly low, as she isn't at Uni, so the MPG doesn't bother me as much. I almost bought a Corsa VXR last week, but went for a new camera instead.

My DMF was replaced just before Christmas, slave cylinder went along with clutch. Wasn't necessary for DMF to be done at the time, but while the car was apart had it done anyway. 1st one lasted 90k miles, so it should be a few years before it needs doing again. Oil filters and fuel filters are diy jobs, so no biggy. As for economy, car averages 50mpg per tank. Current tank has been used for a lot of motorway driving, 70mph mostly apart from roadwork areas restricted to 50mph and commuting to work on A and B roads, looks like I'll be getting about 700 miles out of 12 gallons before I fill up again.

My petrol car (I'm not talking about the Imp) has a DMF. So does my diesel. Neither has failed (yet) and the transaxle was removed from the engine on the petrol 15k ago to replace the clutch, inspect the RMS (common failure point on that engine) and check the DMF, which was pronounced OK.

113k on the petrol, 174k on the diesel.

This week I finally got rid of the Panda for this...
haggis.jpg

460 miles up and loving it :D

I timed my summer holiday to match up with collecting the car, since I got it I've been fiddling with it (new radio, reverse camera, aerial, spare wheel) and driving. I went over the mountain pass to Applecross yesterday and only had to drop into first gear once and that because I didn't see the first switchback coming up in the mist, anyone who knows that road will understand how that amazes me.

The Duster is very lively on single track Highland roads with a fair bit of roll that you don't normally see on better roads. That makes it an exciting drive and all the more enjoyable for me. I came from a Fiat Panda that was a fine car but was simply too small and weedy for me to drive, I reckon I could probably park it in the Dusters boot!
You get an awful lot of car for your money with a Duster but don't expect the cabin refinement of a cashcow or a discovery, mind you they really are way more expensive. What you do get works though since the car is basically made from tried and trusted Renault/Nissan parts.

There's a Dacia forum here http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/forum/1-dacia-forum-uk/ with a lively bunch of 'enthusiasts' it's a great place to find out stuff, included potential problems you might come across.

Dacia prices have just gone up, the Duster is £200-300 more and I believe there will be another price increase before next years model comes out.

If you really can't stand the idea of buying a Dacia, Nissan are going to be selling it as the Terrano soon (considerably more expensive though).

My dad is obsessed with Dacia. He's been on about getting a duster for years.

They've been in Europe for about ten years, made in Romania, the UK RHD ones are Indian made.

If you really can't stand the idea of buying a Dacia, Nissan are going to be selling it as the Terrano soon (considerably more expensive though).

Although would not expect to see if in the uk market!

I thought Dacia was A James May micky take on Top gear I didn't think they were real till recently

I have just bought an old Bentley Turbo R for some iconic nostalgia
One doesn't concern ones self with MPG lol

Although would not expect to see if in the uk market!

More likely a cheaper crossover for the Japanese market, I think that's the only place a pricier Nissan would sell.

Tony, One lets the butler worry about those things surely? :D

VW Scirocco 2.0 TSI DSG. It was a treat to myself after paying the mortgage off 20 years early. Previously owned (13 years) a frontera 2.4 running on LPG. In the final year of the mortgage the fronty was falling apart quicker than I could repair it.

Last edited:
My car....also explains my forum name.

IMG_9411.jpg

Last edited:
Bloody good towing capability there Ian!

Back