What did the postman bring you today!!?

A NOSTALGIA PURCHASE...as owned by my Father many many years ago ....an AGFA Silette
focus stuck on Infinity - who cares - has a place on the mantlepeice anyway......:)

I was looking on ebay a few night ago for a cheap macro. As I refreshed the search with "newly listed" as my arrange order, a Sigma 28-70mm f/2.8 EX DG (the latest one with the 67mm filter thread) showed up. The seller claimed that the focus was stuck on Auto and thus selling it for £40.

I received it today and with a firm press of the focus switch it clicked and now easily switches from auto to manual..

All together a good day for cheap lenses!

A Canon Lens 100MM-300MM USM a golden oldie in great condition and boxed.
GEORGE.

Mamiya 645 150 / 3.5 N

meike battery grip for the canon 80D feels like a real camera now

a lighter walk-about option for the Nikon 18-70mm AF-S

mint Nikon 18-55mm AF-S DX VR G.................:)

:) the postman knocked today with a new bag a Lowpro Nova 200 AW from the classifieds thanks to Skyline

2 non oem batteries for a fuji, just need the camera now and with BH weekend looks likely to be next week before that is delivered.

Jolly exciting today! The postie brought me a Jinbei boom stand. It is massive!! And weighs an absolute tonne. The 4kg counterweight actually feels light compared with the rest of the stand!
jinbei-dbj-1-medium-boom-stand-dbj-1-medium-boom-543.jpg

Last edited:
Jolly exciting today! The postie brought me a Jinbei boom stand. It is massive!! And weighs an absolute tonne. The 4kg counterweight actually feels light compared with the rest of the stand!
jinbei-dbj-1-medium-boom-stand-dbj-1-medium-boom-543.jpg

Looks very similar to my Lencarter one Paul, which is a proper sturdy bit of kit.

Whilst I'm here I spoilt myself tootoday. Finally got myself a lastolite TriGrip bracket which I have wanted for an age but also bought a 3rd D-Lite head and the new skyport plus.

Looks very similar to my Lencarter one Paul, which is a proper sturdy bit of kit.

Whilst I'm here I spoilt myself tootoday. Finally got myself a lastolite TriGrip bracket which I have wanted for an age but also bought a 3rd D-Lite head and the new skyport plus.

Don't tell Garry but that's precisely why I ordered it! It was £70 from the NL (and a proper online shop rather than fleabay) and looked to be pretty much identical. Unlike heads where I'd rather have the security of returns and servicing, I thought for stands it was less critical. I have a few (!) new heads to collect from Beth next month when I'm passing hers so decided I needed a new stand. A boom seemed a sensible choice.

Mrs Pjm1 doesn't yet know about the heads I'm collecting. She's going to go mental.

But not half as mental as when she realises the brand new camera I've been using for the last month completely passed her by :exit:

(nothing quite like intercepting the postie before he gets to the door!)

Last edited:
Don't tell Garry but that's precisely why I ordered it! It was £70 from the NL (and a proper online shop rather than fleabay) and looked to be pretty much identical. Unlike heads where I'd rather have the security of returns and servicing, I thought for stands it was less critical. I have a few (!) new heads to collect from Beth next month when I'm passing hers so decided I needed a new stand. A boom seemed a sensible choice.

Mrs Pjm1 doesn't yet know about the heads I'm collecting. She's going to go mental.

But not half as mental as when she realises the brand new camera I've been using for the last month completely passed her by :exit:

(nothing quite like intercepting the postie before he gets to the door!)

I will admit that I forgot to mention the additional head I bought today to SWMBO... Somehow slipped my mind..

It was yesterday and it was DPD not the postman, but he brought me my Sigma 150-600mm Sport in the most enormous box.

Tom Hanks personally delivered my Canon 24-70 f2.8 in a FedEx box, and yes he was a lovely man :ty:

Lensmate thumb rest and lens hood and filter kit for my as yet to be delivered Fuji X30 :)

Nothing.

If someone can send me a new Canon 5D Mk3 with a decent wide angle and zoom lens (free of charge of course), that would be great !! :runaway:

@StuartH ....thanks, it cleaned up very nicely
I'll find some Instructions on the web , and run a roll of B&W through just for old times sake.....:)

I got a new 18-35mm sigma f1.8 throughout the range art lens for my D7100.
my stuff gets delivered to argos so wife doesn't see it lol!!

I got a new 18-35mm sigma f1.8 throughout the range art lens for my D7100.
my stuff gets delivered to argos so wife doesn't see it lol!!
Great idea! I'm hoping to beat the delivery man home to intercept my Fuji X30 :)

Well, I didn't make it so will probably be in for it later. Here 'tis though!

Last edited:
a mint Nikon Speedlight for my Nikon EM

not massive i know but - with the imminent arrival of a HN-2 hood it will complete my assembly of

all-black EM system in a 'new' (yes, new) ER case

pics to bore you will defo follow......:):

I didn't quite manage to intercept the courier so will be in the bad books no doubt. Chuffed to bits with the purchase though :)

I didn't quite manage to intercept the courier so will be in the bad books no doubt. Chuffed to bits with the purchase though :)

i always found flowers, Belgium chocolate, wine, dinner, and theatre tickets worked well

A Surface 3 pro...

128gb memory.. |Never going to compete with the "proper" laptop but will give a portable processing capability.

Upgraded from a Surface RT, I am sure its better, but the jury is out at the bottom of the leariing curve.

Mj

A 500mm F/4 L is ......From MPB , new to me( god knows what folks buy after trading in these big lenses or where they get the money ! )
Now to sell my multi-gym as i think carrying this will keep me fit :woot:

Back