What do you plan to add to your kit in 2008?

Name
Anthony
Edit My Images
Yes
Idea shamelessly stolen from a thread I came across on another forum.

With the new year nearly upon us im sure we have all set ourself targets and projects for the coming year or maybe we have assesed our kit and theres something we have wanted to buy and just not got round to it.
What are you all planning to add to our kit in 2008?

Im thinking of the following -

*Set of filters (Cokin 100mm ones, grads and polarizer)
*Small/medium size bag to take body plus one or two lenses
*New body once the motorsport season starts, maybe a 40d or if I can stretch to it maybe a 2nd hand 1d mk2n
*Interfit ex150 home studio kit

• Filter set with adapters as I have 52/62 & 72 mm apertures on my lens currently. Possibly Cokin or similar.
  • Tripod - Manfrotto or similar, bought a cheap one when I bought my kit 4-5 months ago thinking its just a tripod!
  • Thinking of some cheap studio lights
  • CISS for my new R2400 printer.
  • 90 degree eyepiece adapter possibly, so that I can see what is in the viewfinder easier whilst taking macro shots of jewellery for my wife!

I'm in the happy position of being pretty well content now with the kit I have but it's taken me three years to get there! The only major purchase I forsee this coming year is a 40D body, but there's no rush and I need to start spending some dosh on things which have been neglected around the hacienda. So I'm told anyway.:D

Well as I'm buying a new flashgun this week rather than in the new yr... I'm going to get a second camera body, as a backup, a few more batteries for my camera and some for my flashgun. Getting my current flashgun fixed and using it as a backup.

Lens wise there's none I want, although the nifty fifty is tempting.

Might get some extension tubes for macro shots, but all depends on funds and whether hubby will let me spend lots more cash ha ha.

I dream of one more lens to add to the line up. It'll either be a 300 f/2.8 or a 200 f/2. Have to wait and see price and performance of the new Canon 200 before deciding.

Ooh, I've got a Nokton 58mm F/1.4 SLII on order :D

Doesn't stop me lusting after everything else though... I still want something that will go from 200-500mm and I want loads more flash units too. Oh, and a bag to put 'em in. A battery grip. Oh and that Nikon D3 thingy wouldn't go a miss either. WANT WANT WANT. :)

More practice and hopefully more knowledge. :LOL:

50mm f1.8 for sure
Spare battery & some more SD cards

Maybe 10-20mm and a flash
possibly a new tripod

Well since I've only just got my first SLR, the 350D, for Christmas, in 2008 I think I'll try to invest in the 50mm 1.8, a longer zoom lens for some basic wildlife photography, and some filters (UV, grad, polarizing etc). I'll also get a tripod.

Don't think I will be adding anything this year.
I just can't take the beatings anymore, when the wife finds out.

Best of wishes to all for 2008

I'm after getting a price for the EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM from Kerso and will be ordering over the next week

Apart from that Photoshop CS3 will be my next buy.........

Was hoping I wouldnt have to had anything, but a list is starting to form in my head:

• Extension Tubes
  • Coking P adaptor rings for new lenses
  • Shutter release for 40D
  • Sure there are more, but brain isnt working

Will have to be a 5D this year and hopefully a 30 or 40D to have two back-up bodies and pension the 350 at last:D

I am hoping to place my order with Ian (kerso) for the long debated 70-200 2.8 IS lens in the next few weeks. Then during my visit to Focus on Imaging on the Sunday, I am going to buy another bag - yes another one. This time, I will 'see' it first and not trust the photo on 'tinternet as I keep getting it wrong :bang: This time the bag needs to carry my 17" lappy, 2 bodies, 5 lenses, plus accessories and be complete with wheels and handle. Any ideas Guys?

Trying to work out to get the D300 of the 70-200 F2.8 VR

I think the only thing I need to add in 2008 is my finger on the shutter button, I've made poor use of my kit for the latter part of this year.

I am hoping to place my order with Ian (kerso) for the long debated 70-200 2.8 IS lens in the next few weeks. Then during my visit to Focus on Imaging on the Sunday, I am going to buy another bag - yes another one. This time, I will 'see' it first and not trust the photo on 'tinternet as I keep getting it wrong :bang: This time the bag needs to carry my 17" lappy, 2 bodies, 5 lenses, plus accessories and be complete with wheels and handle. Any ideas Guys?
A "pickup truck":D:D:D:D

As I only have the 18-135 kit lens at the moment I am on the verge of ordering a nikkor afs 300 f4 ifed, then maybe a couple of low light primes inc nifty fifty, would love a 70-200vr but to much money for me( well swmbo will kill me anyway when the 300 arrives):bonk:

I'm actually pretty happy with my kit right now, the only thing that is a "want" rather than a need is a faster lens for motorsport, but I've had pretty good results with the lens that I have so that can wait until next year maybe (2009, not 2008).

The only thing I need is more ability, time to practice and time to edit my photos - oh and a decent course tutor as I'm not too happy with my BTEC in photography from the local college :(

There is so much I want. But after breaking my laptop and my desktop packing up I need a new computer, so that will probably take up any chance of a big purchase. I'm thinking about changing my Sigma flash gun and I will be getting a light stand next month.

I'd really like the Nikon D300 but with a shutter release count of only 3200 on my D80 I can't justify an upgrade just yet.

Not much, in order of priority:

Nikon D300
Motordrive for above
Nikon 70-200 2.8 AF-S VR
Lowe-Pro Slingshot 300 (If it'll fit a D300 with 70-200 attached!)
Nikon SB-800
Sigma 10-20mm
Plus various odds and sods.

I'll let you know whether I get past item number one!

Nothing! I mustn't spend any more on photography gear this year :bonk:

No!

Nothing!

Well............

I would like a Speedlite 580 :shrug:

and............

a 70-200 f2.8

and............

NO! I MUSTN'T

:LOL:

The list seems never-ending, no particular order and some of them are very low priority:

New Computer
Light meter
Colorimeter
Voigtlander 15mm or 21mm lens
Black Bessa L
Black Olympus OM2n with normal and telephoto lens
66 or 645 MF camera
Scanner for medium format

A Nikon D300 or Nikon D2Xs and some nice new Nikon lenses...

About to order a D80 after the new year, probably's be the only thing I'll buy this year, oh so I say for now :naughty:

Nothing! I mustn't spend any more on photography gear this year

That is not so bad. Only 4 days left! lol

I would love to upgrade to a Nikon D80. Hopefully I maybe able to do that sometime during 2008.

Good luck everyone with your wishes, lol. :)

The next thing I want is a 24-70, a good monopod, x1.4 and x2 TC,and last on my list is a 24-105 oh nearly forgot a BG-E4.maybe a fisheye lens, after all a whole year is a long time :LOL:

Can't!
Mustn't!

OK, could...
Manfrotto Modo 785B tripod
Sigma 10-20mm EX

...Pentax 16-45mm?
a K10D
A split circle focusing screen for my K100D :)

My wishlist

D300 + grip
Nikkor 300mm f/2.8 VR or Nikkor 200-400 f/4 :thinking:
Zeiss Distagon ZF 25mm f/2.8
Gitzo tripod
RRS ballhead

Back