What do you plan to add to your kit in 2008?

Might take advantage of Warehouse Express's 12 month interest free and go for a 40D and a 24-105L later in the year, but decorating the house is a major item on my list this year so I'll have to see how things pan out!
I've been feeling really uninspired recently so I don't want to spend a lot if it's not going to get use. That said if I do spend a lot I might feel the urge to go out and make use of it!

430EX should be in my bag in a week or two's time and I'd love to get some studio lights to have a play with too, although they might have to wait a bit.

I've got it all planned out.
10-20mm Sigma and Cokin filters (polarizer mainly) for my skiing holiday in march.
Then, 430ex for doing portraits for the time between march and July - I'll be using this at college.
Then, 70-200mm f/4 Canon L for the summer where I'll be shooting mountain biking mainly.
Then in october, ready for my holiday to new york, I'll be looking for a good walkabout lens.
Probably something like an 24-70mm ex Sigma, or the like.

And that will be me well and truly happy!
Until I'm lusting for a 40d, 5d or even a 1d :eek:

I'll be selling my fisheye, since I've pretty much discovered its fairly useless except on the odd occasion, which I'm fairly disappointed about.

I don't have a 50mm, and am seriously considering the Canon 50mm 1.4 :D

Thanks to Santa I now have a new 70-300mm IS :) (just thought I'd share that!)

Unfortunately this now means my camera bag is too small, so by default my answer to the OP is a new camera bag!! Not terribly exciting but some what of a necessity!

oooh a wish list is it..
we'll start with a 24-70 2.8L :love: or possibly a 70-200 2.8L :love:
a nice bag to keep em cosy and warm,
and a healthy dollop of skill to assist the lack of talent :LOL:

Ok I lied... I just bought myself a cokin filter set with some filters...

I am going to add nothing, i just made my thing this year to use all the kit i already have more and get to know it better.

I plan to get:
Canon EOS 1D MkII / n
Canon 580EX II
Canon EF 50mm 1.8
Canon EF 16-35 2.8 L II
Canon EF 70-200 2.8 IS L

That's it :)

Pete

Nifty fifty, essential in any bag :muted:

Some 72mm filters (ND and circ pol), hopefully a 200-300 range IS (as in around that length at the long end, rather than some imaginary 200-300mm lens ;)), and possibly a better tripod.

I am just a week or two away of getting a canon 100-400mm lens. Then wildlife here i come,
Then i am hoping Canon is upgrade its 5D, Then depending on the price, which i think will be about around the 5D price. that should see me for 2008.

I'm planning to get
EF 100-400 f/4-5.6 L
EF 100 f/2.8 macro
and maybe some radio flash triggers

Havn't been in to digital for too long stil love my film, but hope to upgrade to Pentax K10D in a few days.. Hope 2008 is a godone for all..

canon 1.8 50mm ,good midrange zoom not sure on make yet,a flash or two and more memory.

Over the past week just added a 70-200 F4 L to my kit, a Manfrotto 055XPROB and a 488RC2, next purchases planned are -

17-40 F4 L and a 24-70 F2.8 L

Once I have those, probably a speedlight, then I think that should be a suitable level of financial distress, may even consider a 5D MK2 when it comes out, but I think the wife may file for divorce... who knows..!

Sigma 30mm f/1.4. I ordered mine a week ago and have just heard it is out of stock. Not so bad though as I have just taken delivery of a 60mm Micro-Nikkor and it is plenty to play with for now.

My list includes but is in no way limited too:

in no particular order

Canon 1dMk2
Canon 40d
70-200 f/2.8 of some variety, as yet undecided
16-35 f/2.8
580EX 2

just need to come up with some sort of order of priority:(

I'm lucky, I don't need to pay for my 2008 wish...Ability

Bob

Hmmm ... lemme see ...

This year, I shall mostly be buying:

40D
24-105mm f4 L
17-40mm f4 L
70-200mm f2.8 IS L
50mm f1.4
1.4x Converter
Tripod
Monopod
Flashgun
Nice camera bag
Monitor calibrator

That should do. Who wants to put money on me achieving all of it? LOL

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me, add a monopod to my list!

Nikon D3
Nikon 600mm prime lens
Nikon 300mm prime lens
Nikon 12-24mm lens
Nikon 105mm portrait lens
SB800

And now for a reality check :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Just bought a manfrotto 055x prob tripod and a 322RC2 head this weekend,hopefully will get a D300 sometime this year and a Nikon 12-24mm, but could really do with a new car and a damn good holiday.

hmm, wasn't planning on anything, due to only recently getting a 40d. but so far this year ive got:

d lite 4 set
canon 50mm f1.4 (thanks kerso!!(y) )

if my year continues like this the bank gonna repossess my house!!!
to come:

L glass
tripod
3rd mortgage

I wasn't planning on anything either ... really ... :cautious:

Now awaiting delivery of my new MacBook Air notebook ... :woot::woot:

:D

:p

For me, hopefully an FSU rangefiinder of some sort, a light meter and maybe a 127mm lens for my Mamiya.

Then a whole shed load of film and chemicals ;)

Back