What do you plan to add to your kit in 2008?

:LOL: Were you by any chance holding up your little finger to your mouth whilst evil laughing like that mate? :LOL:

390~Mini-Me-Goldmember-Posters.jpg

:p

Getting a 70-200 2.8 IS This weekend hopefully :)

You getting fed up with lugging that RPG around?? or did it get reported as Sadams missing WMD!!! lol..

My list..

Talent.. TOP of the list... kit is no good if you cant use it eh!!

70-200 2.8 IS

24-70 2.8

x2 Converter

Some lighting.. (Bowens i expect)

Thats about it.. id like some tog work too.. just to justify the cost to the Boss... :LOL:

Jammy bugger!!

I'm planning to add a D3, 17-55 & 3 or 4 flashguns & an SU-800 (yep, I have gone over to the darkside

Miss Pentax here - is currently awaiting a telephone call tomorrow afternoon about her D200 - then it'll be the 18-70 lens - for the time being....

And the pentax will probably be getting sold...

:LOL:
I always say my pentax thinks its a nikon anyway - it has a nikon CCD - so therefore its more nikon than a canon. :D:LOL:

AND ... the Darkside welcomes Moomike & Dellipher with open hands and warm heart ... :love: ... may your transformation be iComplete and iFulfilling ... :D

Now all you need is a MacBook Air and your iLives will be even more complete ... ;)

:p

Well I want:
Whatever replaces the 5D
Pocket Wizard
Portable hard drive storage
Studio Lights
A new house with room for a studio

What I'll probably get:
Pocket Wizards (maybe Skyports as they're cheaper)

nothing, nowt, naff all :nono:

well maybe get a few filters and a case to put them in and maybe upgrade my 50mm 1.8 to a 1.4 but that's it...definitely ! :eek:

and just noticed this..

A new house with room for a studio

now there's an idea :thinking:

I have no real plans for new kit in 2008 although I do intend to get better at photography.

1dsIII or maybe the updated 5D
laptop (mac)
lightweight carbon fibre tripod...
holiday to amazing locations

Ok, so so far this year i've added:
Nikon 50mm f/1.8
Nikon MB-D200 (Ordered yesterday from Kerso)

I'm also building a homebrew GPS interface :)

Just added a canon 40d,17-85 kit lens,70-200 f2.8 is and a sigma 50-500 think that will be my allowance until 2018. Can't complain about the wifes clothes shopping for a few years now.

Can't complain about the wifes clothes shopping for a few years now.

Can't ... Can't .... there no such word as Can't

so I was told as a child, and if you stop moaning she will forget who's boss .... hmmmm HER if its anything like my house! :D

Jammy bugger!! :LOL:

I'm planning to add a D3, 17-55 & 3 or 4 flashguns & an SU-800 (yep, I have gone over to the darkside :cautious: :LOL:)

Interesting Mike. What prompted that change then? I have to say that if it wasn't for the glass issue I'd be really tempted to move to a D300 right now. Why do Canon insist on holding back their top AF system for the 1 series only?

I'm working for a pro wedding photog this year & they have a lot (I mean a lot!) of Nikon gear that I'll be using/able to test. I don't really use the 1D capabilities all that much since things calming down on the moto-X/rugby front I think it'll work out the better choice for me to have made the change over. I never actually handled Nikon cameras before I got my Canon equipment but must admit that I really like the feel of the D300 (I was very surprised tbh, I thought I'd hate it!) The flash system had to be one of the biggest deciding factors though if I'm honest due to the flexibility/cost.
(I don't think it'll be at all long before Canon fire another shot across Nikons bows though.)

It did worry me a little to change over but it's revamped my enthusiasm for photography again & I'm enjoying the challenge of re-learning a camera system. Not really much between each system but this just came down to availability of gear at the time & the fact that I was so impressed with the D300 (Cheers Colin (Hacker) for your influence in dragging me kicking & screaming to the darkside :LOL: (y))

Well i have now added my grad kit and polarizer to the ranks. Thinking i might swap the 24-105 for the 24-70 but still not 100% on that yet. Also at focus will be looking out for prime lenses, 300mm in particular. Undecided on body front between 40d and 1kmk2n still, hopefully can have a play with the 40d at focus too.

This year I'm mostly looking at a Sigma 10-20 and a set of filters for it.

I'm not too worried about anything else but I might get an SB600 to replace my ageing Vivitar.

Panzer

Perhaps not so much kit but pretty soon I'll be looking into setting up a studio in Glasgow.

Only one think....

A fully upgraded and functional brain to retain all the information I gather .....

Hopefully the new model will not leak like a sieve as my present model does... I have even tried several firmware upgrades this year... however all i get for the next couple of hours is syntax errors rolling in front of my cranial optical data receivers and I have to down grade the firmware to 1.0 again.....

Still saving for the upgrade might not get the money together in time to meet the 2008 dead line..

Shutterman

1D Mk3
450D [for the missus]
17-55mm f/2.8 IS [for the missus]
70-300mm DO IS [for the missus]
35mm f/1.4 L

and either the 500mm f/4 IS L or the 600mm f/4 IS L

I need some staff :bang:

Nikon 24-70 2.8 is hot on my list

That'd give me, 14-24, 24-70, 70-200, 300 all of which are internal focus and 2.8 apertures.

I guess a new kit bag would be a good idea too. Time to start hunting down a victim :)

My shopping list has changed! Sold my 400D and now my 70-200, going to sell the 20-35 and get the 24-105 F4 L, also purchasing a 40D hopefully this week! Cant wait

I'm thinking about Nikon 85mm 1.8. I'd think about the 1.4 but then we're getting into the budget I want to set aside for the 17-55 2.8

Must get soon:

50mm f/1.4 - maybe 2
EF 85 f/1.8
EF 100 f/2.8 macro
LOTS of CF and SD cards 2-4Gb size.

Would love to get:

1D Mk IIn at nice price
EF 135 f/2
EF 500 f/4
EF 300 f/2.8
1.4x converter

POSSIBLY 1D Mk III - If it is ever completely debugged, possibly wait for the 1D Mk IIIN...:LOL:

Definitely getting;

10-20 Sigma/Canon 10-22

Would really like to get (needs some saving yet);
either 70-200 2.8 IS USM L or 120-300 2.8 Sigma:D

I plan to add;

16gb Sandisk Extreme CF card for my 5D to replace the 4gb card
8gb Sandisk Extreme SDHC cards for both my 1dmkII bodies to replace the 2gb SD
2x Canon 580EXII to allow me to be more experimental with my lighting, have off the camera slaves controlled my on camera master.

Im hoping to add these just as soon as Mr Kerso delivers them to me. :D

Other than that, i still want a serious wideangle lens, im still undecided between the 16-35f2.8II and the 14f2.8II, i may end up buying both and selling the one i cannoy get on with.

Mines to get another to get: :LOL:

Another Canon 40D
Canon 24-105F4L
Canon 10-22
Sigma 120-300 2.8

Andy

I plan to get (depending on reviews) the new Sigma 120-400 OS lens when it's eventually released!

I hadn't planned anything really but I could be tempted by a 24-105mm, nice range for me.

Back