What have you done with your camera today

Set my new 6D up tonight first photos tmrw

Sitting at work, with my 500D in the backbag, I almost made a picture of an upcoming thunderstorm, waited a bit, because the dramatic light and clouds could maybe go better, but it didn't and I missed it. :(

nothing much today, but had a couple of good walks around mount ruapehu here in NZ over a couple of days recently and took some nice pictures of some waterfalls, with my first attempts at long exposures on a tripod. Overall it went pretty well and rather pleased with the shots I got.

nothing much today, but had a couple of good walks around mount ruapehu here in NZ over a couple of days recently and took some nice pictures of some waterfalls, with my first attempts at long exposures on a tripod. Overall it went pretty well and rather pleased with the shots I got.

Just an ordinary day at the office then?

Now where's the smiley for jealous....:thinking::grumpy:;)

Just an ordinary day at the office then?

Now where's the smiley for jealous....:thinking::grumpy:;)

my work means I get to be in some pretty fabulous places. It's not well paid work but it's my passion so I can't complain in the slightest! However internet connectivity is terrible here (generally very expensive for what you get) so I'm unlikely to be uploading any pics whilst I'm here.

Packed it up ready for a short trip to France sunshine here I come.........:)

Its supposed to be a family holiday but I will be hunting "wee beasties"

Last edited:
Shot a horse (photographically, not literally) for a lady in Northamptonshire then met a biker for a shoot of his new hand-built chopper.
This is a phone photo as I've not yet downloaded the RAWs....

got it out of the bag, looked at it, dusted it off, kissed it, kissed it with tongue, then a wipe and back in the back, oh sweet sweet X-E2 of mine...

took some pictures of the night sky here, we have virtually zero light pollution and the milky way can be seen clearly.

been at work all day from 07:00 and i am still here at 18:02 got to stay until 19:00 so camera at home, works camera in my office/lab:rage:
only use that if i have to and today i did not have to

Went for a 6 hour hike up on mt Ruapehu. Weather was atrocious so didn't get many pictures, but it was still a good walk.

Replaced the touch screen on my 70D and then took a picture of a rainbow :D

Did a 12k walk today and got some good pictures of a spectacular waterfall. I could only spend 10 minutes photographing it though as the light was on the way out.

I got a new remote switch and tried it out on my camera, managed to go the full length of the road I live on and it still triggered the camera...well Impressed. A Huhnel Combi TF...

Took my d7100 and tamron 150 600 to shoot some birds, tripod leg broke, then the whole lot fell out the gimble head (obviously not tight enough) :-o lens first onto Concrete, luckily only a small chip on the filter threading was the only damage. :confused: lens cap destroyed but what a saviour it was.Never take your lens cap off unless shooting. :) it could have been an expensive day.Needed a new tripod anyway:-D

Last edited:
Worst thing ever happened to me with a camera, during my graphic design degree (long time ago) I had a zenza bronica ETR-S clamped to a vertical pole, six feet up focused on the open end of a packet of polo mints. Clamp broke, camera slid down, smashing the lens into the body and writing both off. Worst thing was I'd only just bought those mints...

Worst thing ever happened to me with a camera, during my graphic design degree (long time ago) I had a zenza bronica ETR-S clamped to a vertical pole, six feet up focused on the open end of a packet of polo mints. Clamp broke, camera slid down, smashing the lens into the body and writing both off. Worst thing was I'd only just bought those mints...
Was lucky that didn't happen to mine, must have been gutting :crying:

Cleaning sensors and lenses today, it was chucking it down outside.

Set up my cheapo light tent to take some photos of new gear, popped the camera on a tripod and set up two flashes, one either side to be triggered by the smaller flash on the camera. All good, though it took me a while to realise that one flash wasn't flashing because I'd forgotten to set it to act as a slave :oops: :$

Packed it in a suitcase well padded with socks and underwear for a wee trip to London. Manfrotto travel tripod is in there too! At least the underwear is clean, which won't be the case on the way home....

Took two to Cothay Manor in Somerset, rather nice little country house and garden. Tmax400 for the more structural bits, Vista 400 (!... well, it was loaded in January) for the plants on the one fitted with my new 100mm semi-macro lens.

Back