What have you done with your camera today

Fitted my Nikon vintage strap to my new (to me - courtesy of Cowasaki - Darren !) Nikon FM body, fitted my beautiful 28mm f2.8 AIs lens, loaded it with some HP5, and went
into the Forest to take some pics. Will post when I've developed and scanned the negs !
Here pic of new toy to be going on with :cool:

FM+28 by bolexh16r,

Fred
Hey, didn't know Nikon were doing 'retro' styled cameras ;)

Took my D5100 up in a hot air balloon this morning!

Nothing.

Decided to give my sensor a clean yesterday, something I've done successfully about a dozen times before. For some reason, it didn't work this time. Ended up with grubby streaks, then used up my last two swabs. Ordered some more and new fluid.

Hoped to photograph some birds I the garden, had fleeting visits of a Male house sparrow, and a goldfinch but no opportunity to get a shot of either, had to settle for a distant shot of a blackbird singing in a tree :(

Nothing! Just got my 500D and some film cameras left and none of them are enticing me...

Updated the firmware in my new Oly Stylus 1. Bought at the weekend and not had chance to get out with it much so far, but day off tomorrow so here's hoping!

supposed to be working in a customers garden but so far i have taken shots of 10 day old pups, bees on rhodedandrons, pheasant chicks and snails! Really liking the 105mm nikon i bought.

Transferred a few of Sunday's shots onto the PC and treated another of them to a new lens (Fujinon XF 10-24).

Tried my first hyperlapse (a timelapse with a lot of movement), not as easy as it looks! Thank god for stabilizing software lol

Still trying to get to grips with my 7D/70-300 zoom combo, so used some starlings on the bird feeder in the garden for target practice. Think I may finally have taken one or two decent bird shots for the first time ever. Woken up to torrential rain this morning, so a bit of processing time today I think.

Just been for a wet early morning trip to a local lake. Not the glowing sunrise through mist that I'd hoped. :(

Taken photos of one of my cats 'helping me replace an end cap over the alleyway roof and later on the walk for the papers a few photos of odd eggs on leaves which I'll send to the RHS to find what they are. About usual for a day.

Cleaned up the 5dii and 24-105, put them in my little sling bag and stashed them safely in the works van as I am working all night and as it's Friday night and I'll be causing chaos all over London there may be a few 'drunken' opportunities a bit later on!

Absolutely nothing due to the rain!

Spent the day cleaning and cataloguing my 35mm M series Pentax cameras and lenses (MX, ME Super, MG, MV etc) as I am going to sell most on soon. I am saving for a super telephoto zoom but the refurb of my detached garage into a studio/workspace is proving more expensive than planned so downsizing/selling least used kit.

With all the rain it has been comfy and warm in my man cave. Phones switched off. If we get some nicer weather will go to our local lakes tomorrow with a few rolls of Poundland Agfa to shoot through the lenses I have decided to sell. Loathe to sell the primes but they are not getting used.

ps to OP - great thread idea.

Last edited:
Admired it.. & longed to shoot.

Took it with my daughter to a pony day at the local riding school, got what look like ok head shots of some of the horses (to me as a novice anyway and only seen on camera screen)
Best birthday pressie ever, love it. Samsung NX 300
Just need to work out how to upload here.

Took it with my daughter to a pony day at the local riding school, got what look like ok head shots of some of the horses (to me as a novice anyway and only seen on camera screen)
Best birthday pressie ever, love it. Samsung NX 300
Just need to work out how to upload here.

Welcome to the forum Emily.

Did a family photoshoot after lunch for a client followed by a session at the bridges to update by portfolio ahead of an exhibition in September.

had a spare hour after work with an empty house and two dogs. Still learning the capabilities of my new D610, so i chased the dogs round the house playing with ISO and low ambient light and subjects that don't pose too well (whippets)

I've done nothing, nada, diddly squat. Just bought a new camera and need to read the manual - the basics are fine but I now know why people say 'read the manual'. My d3100 manual was rubbish - no real detail. The d610 manual is another animal altogether - about 230 pages longer.

Covering the local cricket club league matc away in Filton North Bristol. Def need more reach..... 100-400? Tight on cash and I need a 17-85....

Made a list of potential photos for 52 in 2014.
Photos for linked - done.
Pics of the kids crabbing of the harbour wall and a hidden railwayman's hut.

Used the d5200 today taking pictures of the rats we have acquired from the fields around us! Put out a pot of nuts and tried to creep as close as possible for a few shots! Partner was going mad as she wants rid, not pictures. :)

Admitted to myself that my D7000 can't AF with fast glass for toffee and resolved to get it repaired. A month after the warranty expired :(

Still playing with my new XT1. Tried it out in the studio shooting promo pic for a forthcoming theatre production of La Ronde. Very pleased with results but for some reason would not trigger flash guns wirelessly?

Will need to investigate further.

Spooks

Took my Camera gear for a ride in the car with the intention of taking hundreds of photo's today..............Returned with empty cards :arghh::crying:

What have I done with my camera today? My son told me that last night, he could just about see in the dark at night time, and asked me how is that possible. So I used my Minolta MD lens (for the X-700) to explain how it works. I held up the lens so he could see through it, I by stop down the aperture, and told him that in bright daylight, our pupils would get smaller to cut out bright light, just like what happened to the aperture. I then told him that when it gets dark, our pupils open up, just like the aperture do, and I showed him by opening up the lens's aperture. And he was like "OH! Ah!" and he thanked me for helping him learn how the human eye could see in the dark.

Back