What have you done with your camera today

Strange day

I have been taking pictures of the conversion an old kitchen into my "media room" aka my "Man Cave".

I had to cease work on my garage to photo studio come workspace conversion as SWMBO decided that works and remodelling inside the house was top top top priority. I agreed that was OK but I was going to take the old kitchen for me and she could have her office in a newly walled in but windowed corner left over after creating an en suite shower room from a dead space on the top lamdind.

Anyway today was wire up my cave day with the av/sound system so I knuckled down but did take a few pictures of the start point as my electrician put the finishing touches to the socket faceplates. The new plasterboad on top of the soundproofing and insulation of the exterior wall had created a probleem with reusing the old sockets as the electric cable was a tad short. Sparks sorted it. I managed 3 Pictures, none particularly special.

So finishing for dinner at 7pm SWMBO gave me the 3rd degree on what I had done as she could not see any difference from when she left to go to meetings (so that big black box is a sub-woffer and that bundle of HDMI and cat 6 cables on various parts of the new cabinets etc just appeared a la Star Trek?)

"Well let me see the pictures tben..... it will make it clearer..... and where have you hidden the beer bottles"

At which point.... 50D staring at me from workdesk from within a circle of NAS drives I have moved from their old residence. Her response...."Well if you are serious about your reportage", you will have to undo all you have done and start again.

I think I must be the downtrodden as thats what I did and still am. Well only so far.... The pictures are building up and as I started after midnight..... they count as TODAY....Thursday.

I should have it all back in place by 02:30.

I will have my revenge on her in this life or thr next (going all Gladiator now).

I am tempted to TEST the 5.1 soon. Not sure if modern amps 'clip' or not?

Ah well I have found her Orange Chocolate Digestives hidden in thd fridge..... Revenge. Saying that I should acknowledge that the error was mine and she did spring for a couple of Sonos goodies...

I will try to continue my photography after I get out of bed....this afternoon. Early retirement has its priveliges!

Women are definitely wired differently to us guys. I foresee a bit of time before her 'sewing room' will be ready all the same. Picking her flooring will take her forever......

Steve

Last edited:
Sawed awl so far. I shall be deciding exactly what I'm taking on holiday later while Mrs Nod is teaching. Narrowed it down to the X-T1 and a trio of zooms, a couple of compacts and the 1AW, FT1 and 70-300 (along with its AW zoom). The AW1 and zoom might go in the hold baggage (it's shockproof as well as waterproof) if I'm close to the weight limit but the rest will be in handbaggage. Might take the X-Pro1 as well if I'm underweight.

Haven't touched mine for 2 days now, but I am having a shoot this afternoon! I booked a model through modelmanagement.com and I am very excited

This....

paint-3.jpg

Took it for stroll round Ely to get some photos of the cathedral

Wandered round the nearby gravel pits and saw a Stoat catch a baby rabbit, too quick to get a picture though

Handed my X100s to a stranger to take a group shot of my entire family. Us being all together almost never happens.

Actually got around to sorting out what's going where! Manage to keep the hand baggage weight down to under the (stupidly low! - 5kg...) limit with just enough headroom for a change of clothes. As expected, the AW kit (empty of batteries - they're in the rucksack) is going to have to go in the hold but I'm not worried about the baggage train at EXT or HER.
Hopefully, there'll be a decent sunset on Tuesday evening...

Took pictures of a pair of Canada geese and their 3 day old goslings, been watching her sit on best for the last 3-4 weeks. All easily visible from the other side of the canal.

For the third day in a row I was out with my camera! Never done that in the 8 years I've had a camera. This time doing the shutter speed exercises for the introduction art of my TAOP course. Also played with my Camidox 10 stop ND at the same time.

Hence this
DBT85-BLOG-SSW-005.jpg

Took it out of the bag, told her I still love her, and that I would take out again soon.

Picked it up from where it was parked on the table and put it into the camera bag.

Looked at it and sighed in the middle of a 2 hour headshot retouch ....

Took it to local camera shop, tried out some backpacks, brought it home and realised I'm just not going to get what I want because what I've already got is the best solution.

I lost the rewind knob for my Pentax MX. now I can't take my film out until I find a new one(expensive) :(

I lost the rewind knob for my Pentax MX. now I can't take my film out until I find a new one(expensive) :(

Hi

I have a pile of scrap for MX ME etc

Will have a look in my box of bits when I get home tpmorrow. Can't promise but worth a look.

The MX is a great camera (I have 3). The must not die!

Catch up tomorrow.

Linked it to the PC and ran a trial of the Pro Photo Booth. Wasn't really impressed by this tbh lol

Removed 85mm, replaced with 17-70, realised I was going to be late for work so put it back in its bag :(

Nothing at all work is crippling my creativity and to be perfectly honest I'm sick of it ........:(

Back