What have you done with your camera today

I lost the rewind knob for my Pentax MX. now I can't take my film out until I find a new one(expensive) :(

Hi

Just had a root through my spares box

No MX winder I am afraid. Will ask around.

Steve

As it's early in the morning I've not done anything with it today. Yesterday however I emptied the cards of the shots I took at Newark Scooter Rally and then uploaded a lot of them to Facebook. I had a great weekend and got some decent shots of The Truth, the band that played the Saturday night.

Hi

Just had a root through my spares box

No MX winder I am afraid. Will ask around.

Steve

thanks a lot, im not concerned about it being specifically an MX one as im not looking to sell it; as long as it fits and works well enough itll be perfect for me! :)

thanks a lot, im not concerned about it being specifically an MX one as im not looking to sell it; as long as it fits and works well enough itll be perfect for me! :)

Will phone around.

I thought I had a winder from an MV but may have passed it on some time ago

I have been collecting K L and M series Pentax cameras since 1980..... Now if you were interested in a mint MX with a 50mm f/1.4 prime....

Have you tried tbe Pentax Forum?

Steve

Well just for fun yesterday I look about 3000 photos just because I was bored, I'll be posting each one for critique later :p

Actually I won't I just fancied doing a timelapse of my back garden :LOL:

Will phone around.

I thought I had a winder from an MV but may have passed it on some time ago

I have been collecting K L and M series Pentax cameras since 1980..... Now if you were interested in a mint MX with a 50mm f/1.4 prime....

Have you tried tbe Pentax Forum?

Steve
that would be the next place i check, if you come up with one let me know and we can arrange something

that would be the next place i check, if you come up with one let me know and we can arrange something

No luck yet but a few friends who still like non digital get together for a beer every mow and them so next Tuesday I will see a few that I only talk to over a beer.

S

Went out a took some photos of the Le Tour De France yesterday!

Took it for a nice drive in the Essex countryside this afternoon, scouting locations for tomorrow when the Tour de France comes past near where I live :D

Went to Hollowell steam & heavy horse rally.
Ended up wandering around with the wrong lens on and couldn't be asked to find the car and swop over.
Knew i should have poped the Rucksack on ma back :mad:

Took it for an 11 mile walk around Loch Voil with my wife and daughter.
Came across a vole and an interesting hostel and a hippy at the end of the loch and then some standing stones.
A sea plane landed while we were taking pics of the stones.
Wandered across the ford and the stepping stones and found a box.
019 by kendo1111, on Flickr

I wanted to take some pictures of my lovely grandaughter but she arrived with a horrible spotty rash all over her face so took some pictures of the dog instead.

Sold it and bought a new one of which I only have 2 prime lenses for and one adaptor , I feel naked but liberated and creative , oh and poor

Unluck - my camera got broke, good thing is that, it was not my fault and I am gettiing new one very soon

Tried to mount a DLSR on a Gorilla Pod designed for a small digital camera and it just sank and tipped over to one side.
Probably have to invest in something more sturdy!

Pulled the cards from within only to realise i have lost 2 16g's as i had the 32g's inserted :eek:
Ordered 2 more 32's and put camera back to bed...

That's the problem when so many devices use sdhc cards, They get re-allocated :runaway:

Got my 5D2 a new best friend in the shape of a Canon 580EXII.

Best bit is the flash is mint with all accessories and only cost me £150!

Checked the ParcelFarce website to discover that it's been held for an additional Customs charge and then used the HMRC website to check the rate of import duty which will be applied and calculated how much I can expect to pay with that, VAT and the ha-ha-we-screwed-you fee that PF will put on top.

Still cheaper than buying one in this country but it'll be interesting to see how long the local PF depot will hold on to it before giving me the ransom note (it was a week last time) :)

Checked the ParcelFarce website to discover that it's been held for an additional Customs charge and then used the HMRC website to check the rate of import duty which will be applied and calculated how much I can expect to pay with that, VAT and the ha-ha-we-screwed-you fee that PF will put on top.

Still cheaper than buying one in this country but it'll be interesting to see how long the local PF depot will hold on to it before giving me the ransom note (it was a week last time) :)

I get all my deliverys sent to my Business Address for conveniance and the posty always drops the card informing me of duty to be paid on collection at the bottom of the post pile lol
I assume he expects me to kick off at him if he hands me the offending document rather than hiding it in my post pile :exit:

... it'll be interesting to see how long the local PF depot will hold on to it before giving me the ransom note (it was a week last time)

Tracking status shows the parcel arrived at the local PF depot this morning, I'll be in London tomorrow so hopefully pick it up on Saturday. :)

Not exactly only today, but have big plans for the next few days (if the weather plays its part :rolleyes:)

New (to me) lens arriving today and I plan on messing with it all evening then up at 4:30am tomorrow to visit a local reservoir / nature park. Then off to the Yorkshire Wildlife Park on Saturday :)

I am like a kid at Xmas again :cool:

Dave.

Last edited:
Took my 50D and SWMBO to the seaside......

Back