What have you done with your camera today

Met my mate for some Nepalese food and finished the roll of HP5 in my XD7 to test my new 50mm f1.4 MC Rokkor PG.

A quick portrait of a local moggie
36893918426_0c6419d72d_h.jpg

Few more test shots with my new Baby Bessa 46. Would really like some sunshine for the rest of the roll.

Last edited:
Just inserted a new battery and testing it out..

Haha, yeah, doesn't make it any easier. Especially when it's red green and blue lighting.
You sound like you are trying to fight the lighting. Go with it (not a metal gig as I like musical music):
Jazz gig-2.jpg Jazz gig-3.jpg Jazz gig.jpg

I take my camera out at least once per day, I get images I'm actually happy with maybe once a week ...

Hi guys
Went out round my village after work this afternoon to have a play with the different shutter speeds on my Canon 1100D and decided the village beck was a good place to practice. I only got my camera a few days so I'm still learning how all the different settings work. Luckily I managed a few shots before the weather turned against me and I had to head home. These are my results, any comments or advice is welcome
Village Beck 1 125 by Craig Tillotson, on Flickr
Village Beck 0 5 by Craig Tillotson, on Flickr
Beck Waterfall 1 160 by Craig Tillotson, on Flickr
Beck Waterfall 1 4000 by Craig Tillotson, on Flickr
Beck Waterfall 1 5 by Craig Tillotson, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi guys
Went out round my village after work this afternoon to have a play with the different shutter speeds on my Canon 1100D and decided the village beck was a good place to practice. I only got my camera a few days so I'm still learniong how all the different settings work. Luckily I managed a few shots before the weather turned against me and I had to head home. These are my results, any comments or advice is welcome
A good illustration of the effects of differing shutter speeds.

Took the RZ67 to Grindleford station for a bacon butty, a brew and a wander in the woods up to Padley Gorge.

Been to the beach at Theddlethorpe. A couple of terns, cormorants, a wren, darters and various insects. A good day.

Nice work Phil

Hoping to get the dust off the cameras later today or tomorrow...

Today I learned that that I can't have my camera at its widest aperture while zooming in on an image. I did wonder why the aperture wasn't at what I set it at while taking a shot for this week's 52's. I still have a lot to learn about this photography business, it's a good job I enjoy it so much

Today I learned that that I can't have my camera at its widest aperture while zooming in on an image. I did wonder why the aperture wasn't at what I set it at while taking a shot for this week's 52's. I still have a lot to learn about this photography business, it's a good job I enjoy it so much
Your lens will likely have a quoted aperture range like f/4-f/5.6 with the first value being the widest aperture at the shortest focal length and the second value being the widest aperture at the longest focal length.

Yeh it says on the lens, it's 3.5-5.6 and thanks for explaining that to me I wondered what those numbers ment exactly. I've only been at this for a few weeks so I'm still learning really

Put some batteries into my "new" Minolta X-700 and hey presto, it works. Now I need to get out and use it.

took some photos of 'loose change buskers" who are a group of musicians raising money for cancer research uk. 380.000 raised so far...

Took my Minolta XD7 out with some HP5+ pushed to 1600 and a very indiscreet auto winder D. Grabbed a few shots from the start of the St Luke's Nightstrider charity walk in the center of Sheffield. Meanwhile I loaned my dSLR to my friend (too impatient to use film).

For many reasons I haven't picked up my camera in months. Yesterday I went to Stourhead and took it alone for company, had a great day and think I've got my mojo back!

There was no pressure to leave with an award winning shot, just enjoyed the day with my camera.

Back