What have you done with your camera today

Have been in town and shot some frames with the Canon EOS 1V on Fuji film. At the moment I find not so much to shoot, especially with that loud shutter, so it may take a while until I've got all 36 exposures.

Had a run out to the coast with the wife.
She had her 60D combo, whilst I tried my new Canon 100-400 on the 5D3.
Wind died down, patches of blue sky, marred only by being my turn to buy lunch at the expensive venue.
Funny, I bet it's a shared bag of chips again next time...
Loading the images tomorrow, hoping the lens is as good as the reviews.

Cleaned it.

I have just bought a Chinon CE-4 and it looked like it had been stored in the garden for some years. I have never seen a camera so dirty. I must admit it has come up a treat and it is working well. As the camera is over 35 years old and completely electronic I was resigned to it being nonfunctional but I am pleasantly surprised.

Cleaned and photographed one body, two lenses and a bag so I can put them up for sale (when I've got enough posts to qualify, of course... ;) )

Messed around with a new (to me) X-T10 body as well.

Hi... I'm new to this site so just found this thread while looking around.... Last night I went to Brimham Rocks in North Yorkshire to try capture some milky-way shots. Ended up knocking camera over twice and almost falling down a crevice. Aaahh...The joys of night photography... walking around in the dark in the middle of nowhere. Unfortunately sky not ideal but got some shots nonetheless and hopefully they might turn out half decent when processed.

Cheers

DSCF3319.jpg

Have been in the Zoo and used my Fuji X100S only, didn't do any photos of animals, but that was the plan. ;)

I shot my first ever Polaroid photos using my new (to me) Mamiya RZ67 pro ii. It came with 2 packs of Polaroid film and 1 pack of Fuji FP100c all of which expired in 2009. I decided to test with the Polaroid film and shot 3 pics at ISO 100, 50 and finally 64 to see how it would cope. The one shot at ISO 100 is underexposed but the other 2 look pretty decent. There's a slight colour cast but nothing too dramatic. I'm just a little disappointed that Fuji has discontinued its film as the whole process was actually great fun. I'll probably keep my eye on the progress of the impossible project but I haven't read many good reviews for it yet.

Hi... I'm new to this site so just found this thread while looking around.... Last night I went to Brimham Rocks in North Yorkshire to try capture some milky-way shots. Ended up knocking camera over twice and almost falling down a crevice. Aaahh...The joys of night photography... walking around in the dark in the middle of nowhere. Unfortunately sky not ideal but got some shots nonetheless and hopefully they might turn out half decent when processed.

Cheers

You will have to let me know when you next plan going. I've always fancied having ago.

Photographing Steam Punks in the festival in Lincoln. Used my Balda Baldini (1936 vintage) as it seemed to fit into the general ambience of the event. All the expensive digital SLRs looked rather out of place.

SFA.......All four cards full and secondary HDD now full too ! Grrr...

New 1tb drive ordered, but cant pick the camera up until its installed......

Did some shots with the Canon Prima AF-8, which I found forgotten in a cupboard. First pictures of the current roll might have been taken between 10 or 15 years ago by my son, when he was a little child. So I'll finish it.

I pretty much kept it in my backpack while visiting West Midlands Safari Park. I took a few shots, but I opted to do the driving this time so my wife could experience the animals (she drove the first time we went, and I took a lot of pictures).

Walked around in the rain with it for a bit and then decided neither of us were that waterproof. Had a nice cup of tea and a scone at a nearby garden centre instead.

Had a run out to Stanage Edge with my etrsi and shot half a roll of Ektar. I probably made most of the mistakes that I could have done so I'll not get my hopes up for anything great.

Been in town, until it was completely dark.

201708311955-DSCF3556.jpg

Had a run out to Stanage Edge with my etrsi and shot half a roll of Ektar. I probably made most of the mistakes that I could have done so I'll not get my hopes up for anything great.

Were you actually running, or was the "run out" in the car? Running with an etrsi is impressive.

Otherwise, received an email discount code and bought a thumb grip and rope strap for my M10 from LFI Germany, cheaper than buying in the UK. Been doing focal zone and hyperfocal and the thumb grip really helps to take pictures ultra quick one-handed.

Last edited:
Were you actually running, or was the "run out" in the car? Running with an etrsi is impressive.

Otherwise, received an email discount code and bought a thumb grip and rope strap for my M10 from LFI Germany, cheaper than buying in the UK. Been doing focal zone and hyperfocal and the thumb grip really helps to take pictures ultra quick one-handed.
The "run out" was in the car Steven. Although I found the walk quite easy going, even for someone as unfit as myself. I had my etrsi with AE-III prism, 3 lenses, 2 film backs and the hand grip along with a manfrotto 190 cl tripod. All loaded into/ onto the Lowepro mini trekker aw. It is a really comfy bag and distributes the weight really well. A good quality pair of boots helps to make life easier as well.

Glanced at it admiringly and felt so happy to have it in my life...... yep, I am that sad......

Taken it for two walks in the rain. On both occasions, it was starting to be sunny as I closed the front door behind me but was raining by the time I reached the corner.

Back