What have you done with your camera today

Thought about selling it and all my lenses to fund a better car.

Had a photography trip to Scarborough with a friend. Each of us getting through a couple of rolls of 35mm film.

Bought a new tripod and a spare battery for the new G5X, so with all the new kit to play with, I've taken a few photos this afternoon.. using my phone!

Last edited:
frr9JIt.jpg

Purchased a new Tamron macro legacy lens, sadly it came with a tamrom to nikon adaptor then im using a nikon to Sony adaptor and the aperture blades dont seem to function as they should. Took it back to the shop today they guy seemed to have fixed it but once I got it home and started adjusting focus it started happening again. I'm not sure if I should purchase a tamron to sony adaptor, or whether I could get a refund an look for an alternative. I have a nikkor 50mm 1.4 which I picked up last week and am I'm absolutely loving.

I have learned how to set up the focus mode stuff so I actually get something in focus - I hope!

Looked for it! I have (or had!) a Panasonic TZ80 which has disappeared in the house somewhere. This is only a small house and the camera is here somewhere.

Got back from first night club shooting at 7am! When I left it was still going strong.... it was pretty challenging with the low light so experimented with flash and various modifiers and wide open. Best results were with flash bender off camera, wide open, or with small flash bracket. Couldn’t get good results with on camera flash.

Shopping with Bestbeloved today so little scope for photography but managed a few shot of an excellent blues busker. Was supposed to be in the shop offering advice on a party outfit but my advice is always ignored so I wandered off.

Took a few shots of the ducks while out for a walk with the family. It was a little windy which made keeping still while shooting more challenging than normal though

Had a walk up Mam Tor (Castleton) with my M2 and finished some Superia 200/ started some HP5+. Took my mate along and lent him my old dSLR.

Some walking in nature and carried the camera. Shot some frames with the 1V HS on film too, but didn't finish the roll. These were done with the 5D III and the 70-200 f/4 attached.

BER10424.jpg BER10437.jpg

Last edited:
Missed the opportunity to get a classic shot.

I was out on a location scout a little while back when we stumbled across some amazing doors.

We all stopped to take a shot with whatever we had. I had my 600d. My friend has just swapped systems, and had sold his old kit and was waiting for his new kit to arrive, so he took a shot with his iPhone. And the director we were with had a lovely M9 Leica. Which he left slung over his shoulder while he took a shot on his iPhone.

If I'd been quicker I would have taken a picture of that.

Went for a walk with Bestbeloved to Far Ings reserve at Barton-on-Humber. Left my long lens at home as the idea was to walk first and foremost. Saw so many birds and only had a 300 mm lens. Nice walk though.

I'm quite ashamed to say that it's been almost two weeks since I last touch my camera. I have been with busy with family related matters despite me having time off work (Which is handy as I work during the best part of the day), I haven't really had much time for mt camera.

I'm lucky that I have the following week off as well so I shall finally get round to visiting those locations I have scouted for long exposures of traffic. Personally, I find during the Winter months to be ideal because it's gets dark earlier which means I don't necessarily have to be out late and I hope to be getting good long exposures of traffic of the afternoon rush hour.

Today? Nothing!
Got some nice Bittern shots yesterday though:)

A day late but only just uploaded...... :)

Went out for a Sunday morning walk :) Looking through my Flickr, that's the first non Car-related outing since holiday in August!!! I've never been one for new years resolutions & all that but this year we are definitely getting out & about a lot more!!!

Today, I photographed deer at Holkham Hall together with a jay. Photos still on camera card - too tired to sort them today.

Wanted to try out back-button focus, so did some menu diving to turn shutter-button half depress off, and switched to servo mode. Still getting used to it, but already I think this method is going to work much better for the way I shoot

Wanted to try out back-button focus, so did some menu diving to turn shutter-button half depress off, and switched to servo mode. Still getting used to it, but already I think this method is going to work much better for the way I shoot

It took me quite a while to get used to BBF - but it was well worth it!

Back