What have you done with your camera today

Gone through the inventory and selected less used stuff for sale. Down to two camera bodies and fifteen lenses + a compact camera.

Ordered a new zoom ring rubbber cover for my Nikon 24-70 f2.8mm lens , The existing one has expanded as shown in photo. Nikon don't seem to have changed the material since at least the same thing happened to My D300 camera body grip. It did the same by expanding. Something Nikon really needs to invest in, that is different material.

ta8Fv3h.jpg

Adjustments for daylight saving time, all of them (Even both EOS-1 V, with the meta35 USB-cable) . The Fuji I had to set manually, the rest goes with (on linux): 'gphoto2 --set-config datetime=now'. Latter worked even with the A620 and even with the A95 with which I took that photo.

IMG_8503.jpg

I actually went out for a walk with my OM1 and my 35mm 2.8 lens loaded with FP4 film.
I reeled off 36 exposures so I;ll be developing it soon.

Ooh, good plan. I need to finish the film in my Olympus.

Today I did some comparison shots with a (borrowed) Canon 35mm f2 IS and my Canon 50mm f1.4 lens, not for any scientific purposes but just to see which I prefer the images from.

Today was 'Good Friday' so i went on the annual Brentwood 'Walk of Witness' where people carry a large wooden cross. I was with Wife and a new member of Brentwood Photographic Club from Vietnam so she is a 'Buddhist' but we went into the Catholic Cathedral from where it started ( next year is the Cof E church ) I was loaded with some outdated Fuji Neopan 1600 film -- on processing even by MY 'outdated Film Standards' it was poor --- some frames had a weird black area with white spots in like FUNGUS !! I scanned a few -- teh grain was horrendous -- but I was not doing the job 'Professionally' any more , just helping our new Club Member.
Pentax SF-7 + SMC Pentax-F 35-80mm f4-5.6 lens
Good Friday 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Good Friday 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Good Friday 03 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Good Friday 04 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

sorted out the new charger and charged all the battery's currently sorting out a proper bag to hold everything.

Went to Lytham saint Anne's with the family and shot a roll of Ilford XP2 Super 120 in my Yashica Mat LM and finished a roll of HP5 and got halfway through a roll of Kentmere 400 in my Canon AE-1 Program. It was a fun day of shooting film :)

took 155 shots deleted them all as not a single one of them was in focus no idea why except that I know it was definitely my fault (I'd been missing around with the shutter speed when I should have just read the manual properly).

Planned to take some pictures while chilling with my friends!

Hanging out of the window for the take off of the Air Ambulance

by Blackknight on Talk Photography

Let my Mrs loose with mine she under exposed a photo by shoving it in my face and got an interesting result, me trying stage make up for Whitby Goth festival , shame about the caravan in the back ground !
goth.JPG

Really really badly edited I know but hey I've only used the program a couple of times besides its quarter to two in the morning but all of that aside what caravan? Sorry dude couldn'#t resist just wish I had the skills to do the original picture justice because it looks awesome.

goth_InPixio.jpg

Dusted off the light tent (really need to do some research on how to use it properly!) to take some quick shots for my Wife's venture into selling glass fusion jewellery on Folksy.

Life has been so busy recently with work, work, work (GDPR means the work of a CyberSecurity elf is never done - particularly at the moment!) so it was good to do even a little shooting.

[11.JPG P4075859.JPG

Last edited:
Foolishly, I went out yesterday in the dreesh and found that it was much wetter than I thought. By the time I got back to shelter, my camera and lens were soaked. So, today I have been checking that both are dry and still working - which they are. I am never sure just how weatherproof these modern things actually are.

Took it over to WEX showroom in Norwich, in order to pick out some new lenses I'd like for my new system, along with eye up a Billingham bag.

Fuji X100F in hand whilst walking along the Quayside in Newcastle ... Took photos of the usual suspects.... Tyne bridge, the Baltic, the Sage etc... The sun even came out .... :)

Boxed it up and sent it to Olympus for repair.
Now charging batteries for the D500 to give that a spin for the first time in six months,

Last edited:
My intention when I bought the Oly EM1ii was to try it for a few months then if all went well, sell the D500 and my Nikkor 80-400 lens.
Ive not been able to get the same hit rate with the Oly for wildlife as I did with the D500 with its wonderful tracking system.
However Ive just managed to get to the point where the D500 was going to be sold, when the Oly developed a fault with the SD card holder so its gone in for repair.
Nows a perfect time to get out with the D500 again for a few days.....

I keep thinking about the D500 but ... I shoot a lot of sports stuff. Sorry, this is the wrong thread to be writing this. SORRY!

Killed it. well one of them luckily I was expecting it. Along with my main camera I have 4 action cameras (well 3 now) a go pro 3++, a action cam with zoom facility which I haven't seen before that I think is actually better than the go pro and 2 Chinese knocks that claim to be 1080P That I bought specifically to screw around with and try and fit C mount lens to managed to fit the lens fine but the flaming things wouldn't focus at all and I think that's down to the lens not the camera so I re-assembled the camera the way it was originally and now it turns on but won't go past the welcome screen which isn't that great a loss just annoyed that I can't use those C lens I was looking forward to trying some IR ghost still photos..

Got a new to me Nikon Coolpix A. Will be to keep on me at any time I'm not out taking photos specifically.

Put together a case from 4x Gnedby CD shelves and 2x Oxberg doors from Ikea, and one Philips Hue light strip.

Brilliant! Quite a collection there... :)

Cemented my reputation as the Dudley nutter by standing in the middle of some of Dudley's traffic islands and taking pictures of the various art installations with a 99 pence camera. It always seems to be the case that if I'm doing something weird on the weekend everyone at work seems to see me doing it !

Last edited:
Checked if fuji have put a new skin on my x100t yet as they have had it nearly a week. Still not sorted it.

Accidentally bought a new lens on the way to work. Now the proud owner of the Canon 16-35mm f2.8 L (Mk1). Spent the rest of my walk to work testing it out. ;) Looking forward to the weekend for more testing.

Just got back from a walk around a local pond looking for damselflies and dragonflies saw some damselflies but didn't manage any photos they were too flighty, flew off when I got near
Never mind I'll try again

Back