What have you done with your camera today

Went scouting for shots but all I came away with was a picture of my dog

Finn08 by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Collies - mad as hatters but 'quite brilliant'. You've captured the character of the breed superbly in this photograph (I just love the way they 'cock their head' to one side; you could swear they understand absolutely everything!) - absolutely love it!

"What have you done with your camera today"
Threw it across some rocks on Spurn as my legs demonstrated to me that I am no longer in the slightest bit nimble. Seems to be OK which is more than I can say for my bruised backside.

Bought some new micro fibre and lens cloths, cleaned up the lenses, cleaned the few specs that were annoying me on the camera and cleaned off any fingerprint smudges from the LCD, because the camera is new I'm babying it a little :D Took 2 pictures of food that will never get uploaded ...

Last edited:
Pulled the trigger on a 400 2.8....can’t wait to get it and try it out!

Filmed some video for a friend and got home to my new lens. Will have to test it out tomorrow. ;)

Today, Wednesday September 19, 2018 I went out to do some street shooting as I always do in the middle of the week. I hate shooting when there are crowds as on weekends. So much easier on a week day.

Went for a stroll locally to try out my late mum's XA2 and a Pen E-P3 that I bought recently on ebay. Very enjoyable session, almost shot off a complete film in the XA2 so will finish that on the way to work tomorrow and send it off, and I'm checking the digital images at present but generally very happy indeed with the E-P3 (got a 14-42mm on it).
Derelict Building by Lindsay Pennell, on Flickr

I think there's scope for some close-up shots of this building in another session.

Last edited:
Thought about it :(Who with? this is something I really need to do.

I went with M&S Premier because of the amount of kit I have whilst being an amateur so it is on the house insurance. I looked at separating the kit and going to an independent photo insurance but it was ludicrous. Anyway, I think it is all dependent on how much kit you have really and how much you take out of the house and overseas.

I went with M&S Premier because of the amount of kit I have whilst being an amateur so it is on the house insurance. I looked at separating the kit and going to an independent photo insurance but it was ludicrous. Anyway, I think it is all dependent on how much kit you have really and how much you take out of the house and overseas.
I've got about 13k worth and I take some of it most places so the theft side appeals to me. I'll have to phone my house insurance tomorrow, see what they say. Cheers.

Remember to ask about how much stuff you can leave in the car out of sight and locked.

Went out and shot at a transportation museum with old farm implements and trucks and also period housing. Looking forward to process images

Today I used my last day off to go for a walk around our village (which isn't the most photogenic place in the world) looking for decent compositions and vibrant colour. Looking forward to getting the results!

I went out for a shoot. I usually go out to shoot street once or twice a week. My shoots usually are for 2 to 3 hours. In that period I get from 200 to 400 shots. I go to venues where there are lots of people such as an outdoor mall or a fun pier. Yes, 200 to 400 shots in 2 or 3 hours is a lot. But, I have found that in street you have to find the situation or person to shoot. They do not find you. And, with street situations always changing there is virtually an endless amount of subject matter to shoot. I do: in the face, no permission asked, street portraits with eye contact. You may find this hard to understand, but I find shooting this sort of street very relaxing. It gets my mind off of my otherwise busy and pressure filled life. I only have to concentrate on one thing: staying alive. LOL

Found an abandoned old mansion, took lots of pics thinking it would be sweet, realised I had no clue what I was doing :oops: :$

So I have loads of pics of old, creepy house and found an old rusty car in the garage and know idea how to edit them :banghead:

Recorded some 4K video, decided to try AVCHD format instead of the usual MP4 - seems it's not a good idea, the files wouldn't show up when I stuck the card into the laptop, back to MP4 so

Went for a walk and this caught my eye, I liked how it looked against the green background. It was a bit overcast so the raw image looked a little flat, did my best to lift it while editing
Red Leaves by Craig Tillotson, on Flickr

Taken it in for repair - well, my Sigma 150-600 lens that is. I fell over last week, the camera fell lens first and nicely broke my fall. Also broke the front off the lens, revealing more gummins than I really wanted to see. Going to cost me £120 to have the repair appraised - should know the full cost on Wednesday. Getting to be a habit - me falling on my camera. Bestbeloved says it is time for me to use a stick - but I am already carrying more than is comfortable, hence the falling.

Taken it in for repair - well, my Sigma 150-600 lens that is. I fell over last week, the camera fell lens first and nicely broke my fall. Also broke the front off the lens, revealing more gummins than I really wanted to see. Going to cost me £120 to have the repair appraised - should know the full cost on Wednesday. Getting to be a habit - me falling on my camera. Bestbeloved says it is time for me to use a stick - but I am already carrying more than is comfortable, hence the falling.
£80 including the appraisal and repair. Can't complain really (but I will, of course).

Looked at the damn thing for most of the day - was going to go out with it but have absolutely zero creativity at present.

Charged its batteries after a few days of steam train photography!

Looked at the damn thing for most of the day - was going to go out with it but have absolutely zero creativity at present.

Know what you mean, too busy with work etc and a sore foot has sapped my enthusiasm so forced myself to go out at sunset today and see if I could get anything, just about to import the pictures now.

This was yesterday tbf.

Went out with some specific shots in mind. Realised there was no way on earth I was going to get them :( and went for a long, leisurely stroll along the riverbank instead. Went home a little peeved tbf, until I realised I had just had a very good lesson in capturing light.....or not, as was the case! :)

Back