What have you done with your camera today

Update after taking my new (SH) 20D to work with no card in it.

Took these about a week or so ago.

Handheld with a 10-22 lens.

The rest were on my old kit lens (18-135)

IMG_1672 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_1675 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr
IMG_1742 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

RATS! Flying rats...... those parakeets are an ecological disaster. A fruit farmer friend of mine lost over 90% of his crop to them 2 years ago. He has had to give up since. Solar panels have taken the place of the trees - it's OK though. The connected generation might not be able to feed themselves, but at least they will be able to charge their iPhones.

I had a commssion to photograph a taxidermist at work. She was working on a sparrowhawk for a museum. Very interesting. I took a couple of pictures on the way home of my bike under a grafitti painted bridge, just for myself. Everything is still in the camera, I'll get round to downloading it all one day, over the weekend perhaps, before the rugby comes on!

OH, and what size do you have to resize to on here? I did 800 pixels and it has come back that it is still too large! Just as well I have one of these newfangled, high resolution cameras, all those pixels thrown away!

Last edited:
Photographed some aquatic critters. Now I am retired, I spend one day a month surveying a stretch of chalk stream in the Lincolnshire wolds for water purity - this involves a timed kick sample and then I count the critters that I catch. I thought I would try to photograph them with my new micro-4/3 macro lens (and micro-4/3 camera,of course). This was quite hard as the critters had to stay under water which messed with the auto-focus system and the damned critters wouldn't stay still. (yes, I could have tried manual focus and will next time but I did not think of it on this occasion). The bottom two critters are about 3 mm long.Wellton critters-3.jpgWellton critters-4.jpgWellton critters-7.jpg

OH, and what size do you have to resize to on here? I did 800 pixels and it has come back that it is still too large! Just as well I have one of these newfangled, high resolution cameras, all those pixels thrown away!

It's file size not pixel size so decrease the jpeg quality to get a smaller file, for upload to here I just set the "limit file size to" option in LR

5D3_6569_1500.jpg

Race Retro 23.2.19

D

Last edited:
Hi, played around with my SONY A7R2 and Leitz R tele lenses. A crop taken with the Telyt 6,8/400:

DSC02494-a7r2-L400-c-tp.jpg

Very few keepers. I have deep respect for professionals who made a living with this equipment in the past... ---

And I am thinking about a long modern tele-zoom - with AF! :D

Hi, went to Bad Kreuznach/Germany (Leica M9 - Elmar 3,8/24):

L1015692_DxO-L3824-8-c-tp.jpg

Tried a restaurant there, reviewed on Sunday:

L1015734_DxO-L3824-38-c-tp Kopie.jpg

Hi, went to Mainz (Leica M9 - Leitz(Leica) Summicron 2/35 pre-asph), preparing for Carnival Monday:

L1015754_DxO-L35cron-tp.jpg

L1015757_DxO-L35cron-tp.jpg

L1015758_DxO-L35cron-tp.jpg

No photos to share yet but I have recently bought a Zenit 3M SLR which uses a M39 lens mount. This means that Leica (FED, Zorki) lenses will fit but will be unable to achieve infinity focus due to the increased film to lens mount distance. BUT they will achieve very close focus so I have been trying my Zorki's Industar-25 lens on the Zenit 3M and using it as a macro lens. I even tried holding the Zenit's Industar-50 lens in front of the Industry-25 lens so I was shooting through both lenses and got a close focus distance of about 20mm. I should have the film back from Snappy Snaps on Wednesday and I will share the results then.

Hi, I took pics of bird training. - A robin came to my feeder:

DSC02661-a7r2-3-c-tp.jpg

I said: Look here! Attention! This is for talkphotography! :

DSC02664-a7r2-L350c-tp.jpg

Hi, went to Mainz with my Leica M9 - ZEISS Sonnar 1,5/50 to try out its bookeh. Most see this more as an exercise in advanced esoterics, I suppose.

So, I shall show pics like this in the Leica thread here in this forum:

L1015787_DxO-z50s-15-tp.jpg

Hi, had a look from my balcony in Andeer and went for a walk (Leica M9 - ZEISS Distagon 1,4/35):

L1015859_DxO-z35d-8-tp.jpg

Hi, went for a walk in the morning (Leica M9 - ZEISS Distagon 1,4/35) :

L1015951_DxO-z35d-56-tp.jpg

When I got home, snowfall set in:

L1015979_DxO-z35d-8-tp.jpg

Hi, went to Mainz (Leica M9 - Leitz(Leica) Summicron 2/35 pre-asph), preparing for Carnival Monday:
I don't know if anyone else has a similar impression to mine, Immo, that you are swamping the forum with your images?

The essence of this site as I see it is as a place for discussion, as embedded in the term 'forum', but you seem more to be using it as a carpet-bombing arena for your images.

Many of your images are enjoyable / interesting, but might be more appropriately served on a photo-sharing site, of which there are many available.

If this seems like a criticism, I hope that you can accommodate it robustly.

I don't know if anyone else has a similar impression to mine, Immo, that you are swamping the forum with your images?

The essence of this site as I see it is as a place for discussion, as embedded in the term 'forum', but you seem more to be using it as a carpet-bombing arena for your images.

Many of your images are enjoyable / interesting, but might be more appropriately served on a photo-sharing site, of which there are many available.

Hi, I was not aware that there are any rules here on the number of pics one is allowed to show. People are different. Some are more verbally active photopgraphers,
some take more pictures, and show them, like me ... ---

There is always the possibility of taking part in threads selectively, and one does not have to look at all the pictures.

I do this with other media, too. I do not read all the articles in my daily paper ... ---

This thread is called "What have you done with your camera today" which rather suggests that the said camera will be used for taking photographs. Some threads I would expect to rarely include photographs but not this one.

This thread is called "What have you done with your camera today" which rather suggests that the said camera will be used for taking photographs. Some threads I would expect to rarely include photographs but not this one.
If you go back a way in this thread you will see that photos were rarely posted and posts were things like "dropped it", "took it for a walk but didn't shoot anything", "cleaned it ready for my holiday". Almost a "what did you do to your camera today" thread

There used to be a "rule" that the Talk threads (Talk Photography, Talk Landscapes, etc) were for talk, i.e. words, and the "Photos:" threads were for, well, clue in the name. "Photos : for Pleasure" is/was the place to post photos which you want to show to the world but don't really want critiquing. The mods used to be fairly hot on this distinction but it seems to have gone by the way to some extent.

Whilst there were always a few images in the Talk: threads, generally to illustrate a point, the issue with loads of images in a Talk thread is that it can be hard to follow a conversation if, say someone asks for and receives advice but that is broken up by a load of images.

Thank you for the clarification! I apologize formally for posting pictures in this thread.

I shall not post any pictures again in this thread.

Am I supposed to delete my wrongfully posted pics here? If so, please tell me asap!

Again, I am extremely sorry. ---

No photos to share yet but I have recently bought a Zenit 3M SLR which uses a M39 lens mount. This means that Leica (FED, Zorki) lenses will fit but will be unable to achieve infinity focus due to the increased film to lens mount distance. BUT they will achieve very close focus so I have been trying my Zorki's Industar-25 lens on the Zenit 3M and using it as a macro lens. I even tried holding the Zenit's Industar-50 lens in front of the Industry-25 lens so I was shooting through both lenses and got a close focus distance of about 20mm. I should have the film back from Snappy Snaps on Wednesday and I will share the results then.
So, three pictures from my test film. The first shot is my favourite coffee Shop, The Angel in Lincoln. The second one is a close-up using a Zorki Industar-25 lens and the third photo is using the Zorki lens fitted to the camera and the Zenit lens held in close contact with it, so shooting through two lenses.000024550012.jpeg000024550014.jpeg000024550013.jpeg

I was in the woods photographing trees.

33510423628_ecef2ca173_b.jpg

Took it out of the bag to test my new Rotolight Neo 2 and found a few of the bulbs had blown, fair play to Rotolight they sent me a new one when I was on the phone to them and delivery is scheduled for tomorrow, still had a nice wee play with it.

I have been sadly lacking in inspiration recently so I too two digital cameras to the top of our new multi-storey car park and took some vistas of Lincoln. Inspiration is improved but the photos were crap.

If you go back a way in this thread you will see that photos were rarely posted and posts were things like "dropped it", "took it for a walk but didn't shoot anything", "cleaned it ready for my holiday". Almost a "what did you do to your camera today" thread

There used to be a "rule" that the Talk threads (Talk Photography, Talk Landscapes, etc) were for talk, i.e. words, and the "Photos:" threads were for, well, clue in the name. "Photos : for Pleasure" is/was the place to post photos which you want to show to the world but don't really want critiquing. The mods used to be fairly hot on this distinction but it seems to have gone by the way to some extent.

Whilst there were always a few images in the Talk: threads, generally to illustrate a point, the issue with loads of images in a Talk thread is that it can be hard to follow a conversation if, say someone asks for and receives advice but that is broken up by a load of images.

I'm fairly new here too, but to me if you had a thread which consistently had things like "Went for a walk and took some pictures" "Went for a bike ride and took some pictures" it would peter out pretty quickly. I'd certainly want to know what of, and what their best ones were like.

So far I've spent a little while today just trying to get faster, going from indoors to outdoors quickly, changing settings and getting a shot.
I know this will come naturally over time, but feel it can't hurt to make myself try and do it from time to time.

Back