What is this setting used for

Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
This is on a Canon, but I suspect it fairly common across different manufacturers.
I've never used it, because I don't understand it and what situation I would need it.
What is it used for, what situation would you think about using it?

IMG_20191007_184113.jpg IMG_20191007_184104.jpg

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
No
It's White Balance bracketing - if you're shooting JPEG and you're unsure of the correct WB you can bracket it in the same way you do exposure - surely everyone does this?

No? Me neither - nor can I think of a suitable situation for it.

OP
OP
Nostromo
Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
It's White Balance bracketing - if you're shooting JPEG and you're unsure of the correct WB you can bracket it in the same way you do exposure - surely everyone does this?

No? Me neither - nor can I think of a suitable situation for it.
Thanks for that explanation, I shall continue too ignore it then :)

Edit My Images
Yes
Never noticed this, does Nikon have it ?

Nod

Krispy and Kremey
Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
Some do. IIRC the D750 does (but can't remember TBH - never used it but vaguely recollect seeing it being available when I read the manual.)

Edit My Images
Yes
Best I check my manual, I’d like to ignore it as well

Edit:
Well you learn something new everyday :oops: :$
4059BCBE-065A-4A75-8222-682433902CE4.png

Last edited:
Name
wayne clarke
Edit My Images
Yes
Being honest I have to admit I've never even tried a WB bracket, not even to see how it works.... Not sure I'm going to start now either.

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
In theory it might be useful in mixed lighting situations - however by the time you’ve looked at 3 versions to pick the best wb, you would probably be as quick to adjust the wb in post?

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
I can see why you'd obviously pick a WB but to shoot a bracketed one I see no point.
I was thinking it's more likely useful with auto WB for a tungsten / fluorescent / flash mix situation, which is quite common and for which gels don't really help, then select the best jpeg from each bracket with no editing.

Edit My Images
Yes
You probably just can't find it in Nikon's menu system! ;)

Come on, you can't expect me to miss a chance like that to tease the Nikon fans! :giggle: :canon:
Touche, i'll let you have that one ;):LOL:

but to be fair its not even in the menus, we Nikon users have buttons for this type of thing :banana: