What New Gear Have You Purchased This Week?

I'm not allowed to buy anything this side of xmas.. I suppose the 2 kids will get what they want..!

A hell of alot of stuff has entered my eBay watched list though ;)

Just bought a lowepro slingshot 202 aw for a bargain price on eBay.

Should have plenty of room for all the lenses I aim to buy in the coming months/years

Op/tech Accessory Pack 8" ... ideal for keeping my prime lenses safe.

Ooooh... Lovely. Mine are in a biscuit tin.

I ordered a Sony A7 + kit lens and Minolta MD converter this week but I don't know when the camera and lens will come.

Just received my Hoodman HoodEYE HEYENSG, I don't wear glasses but it fits perfectly around my eye, don't know why nikon/canon don't include these as they are excellent

Just received my Hoodman HoodEYE HEYENSG, I don't wear glasses but it fits perfectly around my eye, don't know why nikon/canon don't include these as they are excellent

Ooh, that's interesting. Would it be usable if you did wear glasses?

Ooh, that's interesting. Would it be usable if you did wear glasses?
Yes, it's for people who wear glasses, there is 2 versions, a smaller one for non glasses wearers and the lager one like I got, but it seems it's suitable for both as it fits me fine(the larger one)

It also keeps my face off the rear screen and it helps the camera making it feel more stable as more of it is in contact with you.

Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 EX DC OS HSM from Wex,love it.:love::)(y)

I must get pictures at some point, but over the last couple of weeks I've picked up:

Konig Light Stand
Westcott 43" satin umbrella with black cover
Kaavie flash holder
Canon RC-06 trigger
YN-622C flash triggers
YN-568 EXII flash
107cm 5-in-1 reflector

Daughters have dance tests on Sunday so hopefully I can get something decent of them (although I don't have a backdrop at the moment).

I also ordered my first print from DSCL. 12"x8" photo of my Dad and his two best friends (one of whom he may never see again). :)

I must get pictures at some point...
Very good idea, and actually the point of this thread!
biggrin.gif

Take two... package just delivered by postman... a box...
17-35_6948.jpg

With a box...
17-35_6949.jpg

With... this...
17-35_6951.jpg

Finally! This one is as near mint, as I could ever wish for. Not a scratch, perfectly fine running zoom and focus rings, silent motor... just perfect!

But it leaves me with this horrible lens line-up... Thank you, Nikon, for ruining everything!
17-35_6954.jpg

Sigh.
All I need now... a new bag and a D800(E)... weeeeeee.
rolleyes.gif

Not new (and no pix available!) but I've just received a Nikon V1 and 10mm f/2.8, courtesy of the classifieds. Fitted with the 105 Macro and 70-300, it's quite fun! Got a mate with a 500 and a 2x telecon... :D

An Olympus Zuiko 50mm f1.8 for my OM-10

...now waiting to see if ive won the auction for the 135mm f3.5 (y)

Earlier this week I took delivery of a lovely Samyang 35mm f1.4, here it is besides it's baby brother, Nikons 35mm f2:

And today I took delivery of another hefty bit of glass, a Nikon AIS 85mm f1.4, here it is dwarfing my F100!

Bit of a mixed week, bought a 1D3, but then had a huge gas/electric bill AND a huge bill to get the car to pass it's MOT so it had to go back :(...

...But!, some juggling with the plastic and a £300 'gift' from the Mrs and i managed to win this beauty off fleabay;
boxed with two genuine Canon LPE4's, power adaptor with transformer, charger, straps, cables, and under 1000 actuations!!
According to the guy from the Leica showroom where i picked it up from... "it was traded in by one very rich amateur owner"!!!
Now it has one very poor amateur owner!! :LOL:
To say it's mint would be the understatement of the year, hardly a mark on it!
Very pleased.:woot:

View attachment 1040

Last edited:
I received a voucher out of the blue from fleabay a few months ago for £170. No explanation why I received but must be for all the goodies I've bought over the years.
Used it Friday to buy a brand new Toyo 8x10 dark slide for just £8!!
Now that's a bargain.

In the last week (or so) I've bought a Mamiya m645J, a Pentax Auto 110 SLR and some Impossible project film for the mint Polaroid SX-70 Alpha that i've been lent...

Better get busy!

I've run a couple of B&W films through the Mamiya to check its light-tight and works, and I'm very pleased with the contact prints I'll scan a couple and get up up here soon!

Found my self in jessops yesterday and temptation was just to much and i finally cracked and hit the savings, so have had a major upgrade to one of these :D

dsc_0017_zps2b638b44.jpg

I popped over to WEX this morning and came home with these bits... Canon cash back offer made it hard to resist.

10800846884_9b759569fb_b.jpg

I was a little late to the party and only saw the bargain pricing over the weekend, I picked one up in Jessops yesterday (but in black, I must be a little old fashioned ;)).

I'm still trying to figure where all the bad comments about the M come from :shrug:, I'm quite impressed by it so far.

I was a little late to the party and only saw the bargain pricing over the weekend, I picked one up in Jessops yesterday (but in black, I must be a little old fashioned ;)).

I'm still trying to figure where all the bad comments about the M come from :shrug:, I'm quite impressed by it so far.

Good choice, it is a fine little camera and I also struggle to see where the negative reviews came from (though apparently the AF was not great before the firmware update). Come join us in the M thread - http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/canon-eos-m.443621/

Just bought a very nice 50mm 1.8 olympus om lens from here. Will go very nice with my OMD-EM5 and the OM-M43 adapter I also bought on here. I do love the legacy lenses and the OMD's IBIS

Sony a77 Battery Grip +2 Sony battery's- my Christmas present to me

Les ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sold my Yongnuo 560 III and had to get a replacement, ordered this and it came today:)

08c7609bf65bba9d6f62bcd8ba66263f.jpg

I ordered an EOS M twin lens kit with 22mm, 18-55 IS and EF adapter and flash earlier this week. It's supposed to be my christmas present but my son has his eyes on it and I think I might end up using it less than he does. He's disabled with Cerebral Palsy so he can't manage the weight of a dslr and move the zoom so it'll be the M body, adapter and my 85 f1.8 and he'll be well away cause he wants to have a camera to shoot animals in zoo cages but he keeps getting the bars in the way as his cameras lens has got too much DOF. As we've already got most of his xmas stuff organized he'll have to wait for next year to get his own so it looks as though mine will be missing most of the time.

Today parcel farce delivered a nice new Nikon D7100 body and a Nikon DX 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR zoom. These finally replace my Sony DSC-R1. All I need now is the SD card, that was ordered from a different source.

I did buy a 50mm f1.8 zuiko for my OM-10 last week.....and this week ive purchased another one. The ebay seller I got the original one from failed to mention the massive bit of fungus slap bang in the middle of the glass :bang:

Oh...and ive also purchased a second OM-10 body (y)

Back