What sports are YOU shooting this weekend?

Tue : Travel day + Day by the pool at the Hotel (I know - I work too hard ;-) )
Wed : Four games in 2nd group stage at FIBA U18's in Sofia, Bulgaria
Thur : Four games in 2nd group stage at FIBA U18's in Sofia, Bulgaria
Fri : Depending on weather - either day by the pool or just catching up on editing
Saturday : Semi-Final day at FIBA U18's in Sofia, Bulgaria
Sunday : Finals Day at FIBA U18's in Sofia, Bulgaria
Monday : Finland vs Lithuania in Helsinki, Finland

And next week work again in three different countries - and NO football in sight.
Just goes to show that there are other sports out there that pay enough to be a Sports Photographer....

Just goes to show that there are other sports out there that pay enough to be a Sports Photographer....

amen to that... i have a basketball game commisioned and booked for early sep already :)

Season openers

FRI Blackburn Rovers v Cardiff
SAT Accrington Stanley v Soufend
SUN Big Lancs league cricket cup final
MON Lancashire v Derbyshire girls u13 cricket
TUE Leeds united v Accrington Stanley
WED Lancashire v Staffordshire girls u13 cricket

Thats so far :)

Guess this thread will start getting busier as many return from 'summer holidays' as the kickball season starts...

THUR: Venue shots in Klaipeda (Lithuania)
FRI : Australia vs Finland, Klaipeda, Lithuania (basketball scrimmage game)
SAT : Finland vs Lithiania, Klaipeda, Lithuania (international friendly - basketball)
TUE : Finland-Australia, Helsinki, Finland (international friendly - basketball)
WED - SAT : Editing promo video from 10 years of video footage for a client

I know - the last one is rather boring.. no flights.. no airports.. no hotels... how will I cope with staying at 'home office' for so many days!!

SAT - Augsburg v Crystal Palace, pre-season friendly/lash up

I'm travelling up to the Yorkshire moors on Sunday ready to literally shoot some Red Grouse on the glorious 12th. But not with a camera, I'll be using Mr Browning Twelve Bore!

It still is summer.

FRI Blackburn Rovers v Cardiff
SAT Accrington Stanley v Soufend
SUN Big Lancs league cricket cup final
MON Lancashire v Derbyshire girls u13 cricket
TUE Leeds united v Accrington Stanley
WED Lancashire v Staffordshire girls u13 cricket

Looks like mines changed....
Did Blackburn v Cardiff last night....
Doing Accrington v Soufend today
Forecast bad weather SUN so cricket will be off.. womens footy for me then

MON is now Carlisle v Derby County
TUE still leeds united v accy

No sports to cover this weekend - then again, a bit of a quiet weekend in the sports scene...

So my work this weekend includes keeping the wife happy (as she hasn't really seen me for ten weeks, as I've been continually abroad on assignment).
And at the same time editing 5 * 5 minute preview video-clips for TV (basketball related).
Adding video to my services really has probably quadrupled the amount of income in three years!! (that could be a Blog post on its own :))

(p.s I know football season is about to start... so guess it's busy for most togs on this forum ;-) )

Sheff Weds vs Derby on Sat

Sheff Weds vs Millwall on Tues

Your right the footy season has started.. strange then its three cricket matches for me this weekend and no footy :(

Your right the footy season has started.. strange then its three cricket matches for me this weekend and no footy :(

Whatever pays the bills KIPAX - I am sure you rather get paid £XXX for three games of cricket... than sit photographing footy 'on spec' ??
Besides - don't you normally get a nice lunch served during a cricket match??

Fri : Finland vs Australia (Strasbourg, France)
Sat : France vs Finland (Strasbourg, France)
Sun : Chelsea Ladies FC vs Birmingham City Ladies FC (Somewhere in London :) )
Mon : Non-Sport shoot in Nottingham

First events over here in Australia for me,

SAT: Football - Brisbane Champion of Champions Final (men's), then Elaine Watson Cup Final (women's)
SUN: Rugby League - East's Tigers vs Wynnum Manly, COLTS game, A Grade game, then Intrust Super Cup men's

Lots of editing ahead!

Last edited:
Got Doncaster v Halifax on Sunday, and whatever gets thrown my way in the next few days.

Been looking forward to today for ages.. after my normal footblal (accy v tranmere) its a big night of boxing.. 11 pro fights and 11 local pro fighters... pre sold enough (per fight) dvds plus local paper to make it worthwhile... I know most of the boxers.. local venue at king georges hall blackburn.. cant wait :) so footy and boxing today... u 11s football in morning followed by two cricket matches.. long sunday...

Enjoy the boxing, its one I love covering as well

Off to Harltepool United vs ShrewsburyTown myself today

Doncaster Knights vs Plymouth Albion rugby union.

Had to cover Albion both halves and they were truly awful.

Great day for a change today, really enjoyed it. Was helped by two goals and two cele's at my feet mind

Lucky sod.

Plymouth guy spilled the ball when almost over the try line after about 15 mins. It all went downhill from then and they lost 27-6...:exit:

Doncaster Knights vs Plymouth Albion rugby union.

Had to cover Albion both halves and they were truly awful.
In that case, I saw you at the start and the end. It was a truly horrific knock on :D . I've got some usage from the local paper from Saturday, (all paid for of course), including a front page of the sport supplement (think its the Doncaster Region only though for that one).

Last edited:
Basketball is back ! (hah spooks face now)

Fri night the first ever game for Lancashire Spinners BB (was rossendale raptors) .. its a charity match..
Sat usual big boys footy Accrington v Wimbledon
Sun last day of the cricket season yeagh!!!!

Back