What sports are YOU shooting this weekend?

Grimsby never had a problem, tea coffee in press room in corner
parking a pain but you will be on the coach.

Ta. Looked on Grimsby Town website, the stadium is hemmed in by old cottages - fancy having that dominating your view 24/7! Kept humming that old Roger Whittaker melody, only to discover that's about Durham! Hey ho. Came across this:

And it's three score and ten boys and men
Were lost from Grimsby Town
From Yarmouth down to Scarborough
Many hundreds more were drowned
Their herring craft and their trawlers
Their fishing smacks as well
Alone they fight the bitter night
And battle with the swell

More lyrics: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/d/dubliners/#share

Sound like a "Grim" place. The Wrexham match was begun with a 1 minute silence for the anniversary of some huge mining disaster, loss of some fundraiser and a local soldier killed in Afghan. Not what we're used to down here. :shake:

Never been to Cleethorpes - never thought I might get a chance - a bit like going to Mabelthorpe LOL. We'll see.

Last edited:
Another weekend free this weekend, may do a game Sunday we will see after my "trip" on Saturday

Heading down early morning to watch Luton vs Southport, no camera, just enjoying the day

My first attempt at shooting a cycling hill climb. Hopefully get some good pain faces! I may even try using rear curtain sync for the first time, if i can figure out how :LOL:

Friday: Wigan v Leeds, play off semi final KO 20.00
Saturday: Huddersfield Underbank v Hemel Stags, Conference Division 3 Grand Final KO 14.00
Saturday: St Helens v Warrington, play off semi final KO 18.15
Sunday: Leigh Miners v Egremont, Conference Challenge cup final KO 11.30
Sunday: Doncaster v Barrow, Championship Div 1 Grand Final KO 14.00
Sunday: Featherstone v Sheffield, Championship Grand Final KO 16.30

Phew

Friday: Wigan v Leeds, play off semi final KO 20.00
Saturday: Huddersfield Underbank v Hemel Stags, Conference Division 3 Grand Final KO 14.00
Saturday: St Helens v Warrington, play off semi final KO 18.15
Sunday: Featherstone v Sheffield, Championship Grand Final KO 16.30

Phew

Some mileage to cover there Gary

had a chance to photograph the UFC fighters doing them promo stuff and training in Nottingham this week but work gets in the way. now it's scheduled for Wednesday, which I can't make...gutted!

Some mileage to cover there Gary
Im not doing the driving on Friday or Sunday so not so bad, Saturday will be a close call, the 14.00 KO is in Featherstone and i wont get away until 16.30 then its a mad 80 mile dash along the restricted M62 to be in St Helens for 18.00

The reduced speed on the 62 is a nightmare, I went over to North Wales the other day and it took me nearly double the time I expected...Good luck pal...

The reduced speed on the 62 is a nightmare, I went over to North Wales the other day and it took me nearly double the time I expected...Good luck pal...
Do it regular mate to Warrington, Wigan Salford etc, etc, im at Birstall so usually get on at Jct 26, did Warrington in 50 minutes last Week and 40 coming back (foot down)

With a bit of luck if the amateurs pull their fingers out with the presentations etc i might get away from Fev just after 4pm

Trouble will come at Saints end if they dont keep a car park space for me.

Definitely at that one Gary, I got my e-mail from Nathan on Sunday saying he'd put me on 'The List'... :D

I might be at that match too. Waiting for confirmation, but I think I'll get accreditation. What do you recon regarding the match Gary? At which side you're going to sit down?

Stationart, i dont move, theres 2 of us covering it.

It's confirmed, I've got accreditation. I usually change a side at a half time, depending on the match, we'll see. The forcast isn't too good. Hate any rain, it's more difficult to change cameras, use rain covers etc. Anyway, see you there.

Tommorrow I'm at Grimsby v Dartford for NLP. After 3yrs shooting there the club have now asked me if I can supply them with images on a match fee basis. They still have their own photographer who I understand is unpaid but I'm not complaining as their fee is in addition to NLP. :)

SAT Yoof footy in morning, Big boys footy in afternoon, local derby

SUN 7K road race followed by Professional boxing in bolton

TUE Dress rehersal for a play

WED College Basketball

THU Schools Tag Rugby festival

Shooting local derby,Wessex Football League, tonight in the p*****g rain, local cup derby game in the Salisbury & District tomorrow.

Gary Coyle Saturday: Super League Grand Final, Old Trafford. KO 18.00

well jel!

Nothing on this weekend, may give some cricket a go as both my footie and rugby club are away this weekend.

Was supposed to be at the Alfred Dunhill Championship, however a dodgy plumber has left me cleaning up after a leak came through the kitchen ceiling from poorly fitted bath taps. May take in some cyclo-cross and Glasgow Rocks basketball tomorrow.

Saturday: Super League Grand Final, Old Trafford. KO 18.00
Sounds great!

Yesterday- Harraby Utd - non league and tried out my recently bought 1D Mark II N. Decent camera for the price!

Today - a testimonial game at Carlisle Utd. Will probably be crap match, but some Premier League players will appear.

Tommorrow I'm at Grimsby v Dartford for NLP. After 3yrs shooting there the club have now asked me if I can supply them with images on a match fee basis. They still have their own photographer who I understand is unpaid but I'm not complaining as their fee is in addition to NLP. :)

Hi. I didn't read this until today. I was there. Which one was you? (edit - looked up your facebook -the bloke with the grey hair on the left???)

graham2.jpg

Saw a few chaps in the 'press room' - a dingy old portacabin, one with a fancy laptop who was engrossed in something. The rest looked sort of bored/unfriendly so I went for a walk. Sort of nodded a hello to a couple of others dotted around. I thought the staff were very friendly, but for some strange reason I got told that I couldn't shoot except from behind the barriers. When I found the stadium manager, apparently who decided this, we had a conversation. Then it seemed it was OK. I do wonder if being a girly has anything to do with this attitude, do they think I'm not serious about what I'm doing? I think when I asked about setting up a remote behind the goal it sort of changed his mind.... I didn't go the press room at half time, because of the remote camera.

Blinking good match. Surreal experience of Dartford fans doing a conga, some wearing sou'westers! I have never heard them make so much noise! Poor Grimsby fans left in droves before the end. Strange pitch, huge humps in front of the goals. Nice to have a lower shooting point, from ground about a foot below the pitch level. We all had fish'n'chips on the coach on the way home ...

I couldn't help but make an observation, unfortunate though it may be, but their mascot had an uncanny resemblance to Jimmy Saville ...

Last edited:
Yep that is Graham with the 'distinguished' hair Carol. Next time meet up with him, I'm sure he'll stand you for a meat pie ;)

Yep thats me on the left, other guy is the club photographer and the one in the "press room" is (I think ) from the local newspaper. Should have told me who you were but dont worry some dont even speak to me much!

Worst I seen Grimsby play all season and in the second half didnt create anything. Unbeaten in 10 games before so lets hope they start another run.

Last edited:
Tee hee. Nicely hidden behind the camera! Sorry I spoiled your shot! I would've said hello, but I didn't read this thread until after the event!

Last edited:
Hi Carol, im the young chap next to you in the second half who ran about 50mph to the other side to get them celebrating.

Hi Andy. Well done you for sprinting. Nice to meet you!

We've got an FA Cup 4th round at Forest Green Rovers (Glos,) on 20 October. Anyone likely to be there?

thatto heath crusaders at 2:30 KO. and FA vase game for st helens town at 3:00 KO. anyone managed to split themselves in two successfully yet?

play dress rehersal tonight, college football wed, schools tag rugby thur, girls footy sat morning, non league footy sat afternoon (no idea who yet), womens footy sun hmmm sun morning?

Just got the amateurs for the RL papers and the conference league website for the next couple of weeks then its onto the Autumn internationals starting at Wrexham for Wales v England

do you work with rugbyleaguephotos.com for your pics from the am rugby gary? ive tried contacting them a few times to no avail. (ive spoke to conference league website and they said thats who they use.) so putting two and two together.

Back