What sports are YOU shooting this weekend?

Garden is sorted (nearly), my big pile of "important stuff" has been packed away and I can even see floor by the side of my chair. Dogs have been walked properly, brushed and are fast asleep. Even contemplating breaking out the paint to do some painting I've been thinking about for a year or two - probably more ;). Going to have something to eat now along with the other normal folk - could get used to this right enough :LOL:

Got my first taste of Sports photography today at my 8 year old son's very first footie match :) Most of the photos are shocking tbh, but its all a learning curve :LOL:

Ian, you beat me to the Punch:D,
For the first time in about 2 years I have nothing on at all this weekend &.....................:tumbleweed: I like it:). cutting back next season so hope to enjoy a few more like it:D. Kind regards Graham.
Ive just done an amateur game and nothing else this weekend, need a slow down for the magic weekend, 7 games in 2 days

Ive just done an amateur game and nothing else this weekend, need a slow down for the magic weekend, 7 games in 2 days

It's the Footy that swallows most of the time G!, lots of travelling etc, desided to cut back on my workload for a year & see how it goes!

I'll see you at the Etihad G:clap:, I hope the weather is as good as last year(y). ?

Just done five days of ice skating starting at 7am and latest finish was 9.30pm! Got home 2am Saturday but up again 4.30 Sunday for 2 hr drive to Manchester for the marathon. Just uploading over 15k of images from last week to website but thankfully nothing until weekend now were I have 2 days of MMA.

Not the weekend, but I'll be shooting the exotically named "Tigers Todger" fell race this week at Burbage Moor near Sheffield. Not exactly major league but should be a good test of my extremely novicey skills...

I was up at Surprise view yesterday and on the way home into Sheffield passed some rugby club called the Tigers who were having a fell race (big advert on ground enterance), would this be the same thing, they were on the A625 Hathersage road

Millwall vs Palace tomorrow night.

Saturday, 6 hockey cup finals, played with staggered starts on two adjacent pitches.
Sunday, 2 games of American Football, unless there's a hockey international organised at the last minute

I was up at Surprise view yesterday and on the way home into Sheffield passed some rugby club called the Tigers who were having a fell race (big advert on ground enterance), would this be the same thing, they were on the A625 Hathersage road

Hi Gary, yes, that's the one! Not a great fell race as the first mile is on the road (300+ runners piling down the A625 against the traffic :eek: ) then a long pull up to the Oxstones.

I'm doing Doncaster v Keighley this Sunday, probably with a monster of a hangover.

Broadway, Worcestershire tomorrow, Equestrian event with the wife, two horses, busy afternoon where i can clear off and go experiment and pester the pro's. Weather is looking ace! :D

Last edited:
Watford v Leeds for me. Could be a pitch invasion if Watford get automatic promotion. Have to watch my gear :eek:

Had the same at Blackpool last week. It was only because it was the last home game of the season but an announcement asking fans to stay off the pitch was all it took without Blackpool's last minute winner firing them up more. Stewards advised me to move but there was no where to go so i said I'll take my chances & fight my corner if I had to. I was the only tog to get the last minute winner but then had to run the gauntlet of a pitch invasion over the top of me at ft. :LOL:

Lancashire league cricket followed by northern league cricket.. for local paper and the cricket paper.. Inbetween those I have the last half an hr of a local league cup match + presentations... Then in the evening take some pics at Burnley blues Festival

Thats Sat.. On Sunday i have an early job photogrpahing cricket fans dressed as vikings who have hired a boat to there away game along the canal :) Then a lancashire league cricket followed by Ribblesdale league cricket.. Monday is a new clubhouse opening followed by some womens cricket..

I have photographed 7 cup finals in last 5 days.. cricket will be a change this weekend.

Lots more local cup finals next week as well..

I was the only tog to get the last minute winner but then had to run the gauntlet of a pitch invasion over the top of me at ft. :LOL:

Did it sell though ? hehe how ya doing fella :)

Friday: Challenge Cup 5th round, Sheffield v Halifax 20:00
Saturday: Local Cricket
Saturday: NCL East Leeds v Saddleworth 14:30
Sunday: Challenge Cup 5th round, Hull KR V Wigan Warriors 15:00

Still waiting to hear if I have got in to Palace vs Brighton tomorrow.

little wilmslow triathalon tomorrow morning, bleedin 6:30 start!!

Fridays -weight lifting ( Pint glasses are heavy :) )
Today - Croft with SWB Landy & the sun is shining, well at least until we get there then the heavens will probably open :)

Juts back from an early start Aquathon... lancs league cricket this aft. I did lancs league cricket sat as well..

monday will be my first day not photogrpahing sport in 3 weeks... did 16 football cup finals in 14 days as well as lots of cricket and other bits of sports... gonna get drunk tonight :)

Back