What you listening to RIGHT now?

Rockonteurs Podcast - by Gary Kemp and Guy Pratt (Spandau & Pink Floyd). Brilliant set of podcasts and has introduced me to one of the best albums I have ever heard! Oddessey and Oracle by The Zombies.

No as a fan of 60s music including psychedelia how had I heard this before? Its a rare album where everyone song is brilliant and 2/3 should be in my top 10 playlist. Had heard of them, obviously She's not there but this blew me away!

Also liking Chez Kane - 80s type rock at its best and Rosalie Cunningham - a mix of psychedelic and prog rock

As a professional church organist who has spent the last 50 years training young choristers to sing 'pure' notes, I have to confess that I am fascinated by Katie Melua.

Her style is the exact opposite to what I teach to our choristers and yet I absolutely love her music.

My wife took us to a live concert with Katie at the De Montfort Hall, Leicester a couple of years ago. Fantastic.

I feel very happy to be able to enjoy such different styles.

Following his sad demise last Friday, I'm listening to albums by Mike Nesmith late of theMonkees - really talented writer and musician especially in the country/folk/rock fusion. Currently playing album is "Nevada Fighter" . "Grand Ennui" is a great track amongst others:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cYb4sOAp6A
and

Magdalena and Me

I often pick random CDs out the rack to play and at a guess right now it’s something by Jeff Beck.

I seem to have gone back to the time I was starting to get interested in music, back in the late Sixties / early Seventies. Presently I am listening to a lot of Moody Blues, Jethro Tull and even some Uriah Heep. Ironically I wasn't interested in them at the time. But they are so reminiscent of the music I liked.

Hadn't heard of this band before, not sure whether I like it or not.
Sounds a little bit like Thru Metamorhpic Rocks from Force Majeure to me.

I hear hints of Tool, Floyd and Yes in there.

That video is also reminiscent of something Adam Jones would come up with. (y)

Edit: have a listen to Pineapple Thief, a bit more melodic but same drummer as PT on thier newer stuff. White Mist and Our Mire are good starting points. (y)

Last edited:
I hear hints of Tool, Floyd and Yes in there.

That video is also reminiscent of something Adam Jones would come up with. (y)

Edit: have a listen to Pineapple Thief, a bit more melodic but same drummer as PT on thier newer stuff. White Mist and Our Mire are good starting points. (y)

I think its all a bit too prog for me, my tastes these days are the more melodic
Within Temptation, Evanescence, Delain and Nightwish type of rock.

I think its all a bit too prog for me, my tastes these days are the more melodic
Within Temptation, Evanescence, Delain and Nightwish type of rock.

Tool will always be number 1 for me. I do appreciate softer, more melodic stuff though. I stumbled on The Pineapple Thief last year and I love them. Also, A Perfect Circle, Puscifer, the Foos, RHCP, Queens of The Stoneage etc etc as well as older, 70s and 80s heavy rock (Rainbow, Maiden, Lizzy, Sabbath etc), just too many to chose from. :LOL:

Watched Atomic Blonde last night and this was playing
Must be over 30 years since I first heard it and the German version has always been the best.

Although I did get an LP turntable for Christmas I did get a CD..

The artist did 2 stints as a judge on Strictly Come Dancing and divided opinion (especially about her nose piercing) but I had never heard of her at all before that. Then she was on The Graham Norton show, obviously with a product to plug. GN did play a short track and I thought that doesn't sound bad, OH bought it for me before I had the chance to buy it for her.....

Cynthia Erivo Ch.1 Vol.1

It is actually quite a nice album to listen to...

Pink Floyd - Live in Venice on Sky Arts (again!)

Next door laying laminate flooring

Back