What's the one bit of kit you own which......

probably the camera body itself, as my 50mm is making me do everything but smile at the moment, and I'm stuck with the sodding thing until I'm back from London... in fact probably for at least another month!

My eyes.

exactly, sometimes i consider only shooting with the 50mm and getting rid of all my other lenses however its not feasible to me because some are necessary to the subjects i shoot, e.g. you can't really use a 50mm for macro work.

Have you tried extension tubes with the 50mm? The working distance is tiny, but it does work. :)

10.5mm fisheye.... because when I pull of a good shot its far out and whacky (best for portraits I think!)

if I had to pick one it would be my sigma 18-200, it's caught some of the best and worst of my photography

My 2 dog leads, I know when i am walkin the dogs with my camera, and can't get any photos they will keep me happy no matter what.

17-55 2.8 IS. It's the only wide aperture zoom lens I have and I'm addicted to it. It is also pin sharp when I get my act together and use it properly.

I wish I could have gotten the 70-200 2.8 is but I couldn't afford that and had to settle for the f4 version... If I had the 2.8 I think in would have listed that.

Can't say mines left much of an impression. Was I expecting too much :thinking:
Well I have heard both positive and negative views from owners but found that it is dependant upon their expectations and uses.
I have seen countless people compare to the likes of Leica X1 / M9, D90, D700, D300, D3, 60D, 5D etc but in reality the Finepix X100 is unique, it's just like any other camera and has its positive and negative points.
Most of the X100's quirks can be resolved in the form of a firmware upgrade while some can not.

I am over the moon with mine but I have come from a Nikon D40 + 18-200mm VR setup so my prespective would differ from a Nikon D3s owner perhaps :D

Riz :)

400 2.8 IS. it makes the shots pop off the page.

Holy thread dredge Batman... :D

100mm IS L macro at the moment

Has to be using the 5dii and 85L ii. Every time I use it wide open i'm blown away with the bokeh and the sharpness.

Well - 15 months or so on from when I originally posted on this thread, it still puts a smile on my fave when I take a roll of Velvia 120 film out of the developing tank and see the finished pictures like a row of little stained glass windows emerging from the liquid.

Well - 15 months or so on from when I originally posted on this thread, it still puts a smile on my fave when I take a roll of Velvia 120 film out of the developing tank and see the finished pictures like a row of little stained glass windows emerging from the liquid.
Those chemicals must be getting to you... The thread is only 10 months old ;) :D

My nikon 17-55mmm f2.8.
It is such a versatile lens and coupled with my D300 produces crisp images every time.

Nikon 35mm f/1.8 - sharp, crispy images

Pentax MX - nice compact body, massive viewfinder, good meter - Pentax knew their stuff back in the day

My 40D and 150mm on my manfrotto 190xprob. All I need is a 410 geared head for fine adjustments.

Zeiss Biogon 28mm f/2.8 on my E-P1. I go all gooey every time I adjust focus. Something so personal and real about it.

For me right now its a combination of my PocketWizard Flex TT5/Mini TT1 with my sb900 and d700 on high speed sync. The more i play the the more i smile.

My NEX 5 with the Vivitar 24mm f2.8 on it. Love using this combination. The NEX is a really fun camera to use.

My 70-200 F2.8, I use it for everything from landscape to portrait. Sharp and amazing colour rendition

Back