What's the one bit of kit you own which......

My 100-400 and 40D

Mounted on a Lensmaster Rifle stock-I dont half get some weird looks

Chris

panasonic 20mm pancake. its so good that it even makes me look like i know what i'm doing!

Nikon F3. The D90 and D300 get the job done superbly but that old film camera just makes me smile every time I use it.
Andy

:plus1: for the Nikon F3

way ahead of my Canon A-1 and Nikon D5000

just had a 28mm Ai lens delivered for it this very afternoon....:D

Pentax K1000. It reminds me of just how much my modern cameras are in control of my photography. Humility can be a good thing ;-)

My developing tank. After 30 odd years I still get excited when I open it up to view the freshly developed negs.

20mm pancake lens for my GF-1. Gets great results for a cack handed noob such as myself!

My GF1 with the panasonic 20mm F1.7

The best thing that has happened for my photography in years. Feeling like I can't be arsed with the camera today? 20mm will fix that.

RichardtheSane said:
My GF1 with the panasonic 20mm F1.7

The best thing that has happened for my photography in years. Feeling like I can't be arsed with the camera today? 20mm will fix that.

There's a lot of love for the 20mm here it seems.

My D700 hooked up to the nifty fifty F/1.4. Stunning in low light, particularly love it for taking pics at gigs.

My handheld 12x12" softbox - would be so totally lost without this for doing my magazine work. For £25 it's been the buy of the century for me, as it's helped me create more great shots than any fancy lens or body could provide.....

my d90 is just such a joy to use, but especially when coupled with my 85mm 1.8 af lens which i got very cheap second hand on this forum. It's easily my favourite lens so far :)

edit: haha, just noticed the person i bought the 85mm from is the person who posted directly above me ! Thanks again specialman for the great lens :)

Last edited:
It used to be my Canon ef 400mm f2.8......doh....Wish i had never sold it...

So its the Sigma 500mm f4.5 now

That's easy ... Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 VR lens - *** it never fails to make up for my shortcomings and grab a superbly sharp, well composed image no matter how badly I operate the camera :D

The fact my camera is digital, seems like yesterday I was using 35mm film which you had to be careful how many shots you took and then wait days to see the results...

Never fails to amaze me

My 17-40 f4 L... not had it for long but it is just stunning to use on film and digital :)

Another one for the Panasonic 20mm here....easily the most significant piece of kit I've ever bought in terms of it's impact on the quality of my shots.

Now i just have to decided whether I want the G3 or GH2 to get that bit extra high-ISO performance for night street shooting!

Nikon F2. I use digital most of the time, but this camera has some emotional value for me, and I still love the beautiful build quality and the tactile simplicity of it.

Back