Whats this all about ?

The first image is a PNG file the others are JPG. The first is almost certainly a screen grab as evidenced by the different file format and the fact it has a 'previous image' icon superimposed.
Good point.
Maybe the OP can explain the difference in formats?

Good point.
Maybe the OP can explain the difference in formats?
Ok, As I have stated in earlier threads, shot in RAW and converted to JPG using Luminar, I have never used PNG knowingly.
I don`t remember doing a screen grab, why would I when the photo is on my PC.
This arrow/chevron, I got no idea what it is or how it got there.

Last edited:
This is a shot taken with my phone from my PC screen and emailed to myself, can anyone see something strange ?
I can see this artefact on the phone screen so you should be able to see it here.
Forget the bug itself.
20180823_172818.jpg

This arrow/chevron, I got no idea what it is or how it got there
Well it got there somehow...;)
This is a shot taken with my phone from my PC screen and emailed to myself, can anyone see something strange ?
Not a great idea, you can only introduce artefacts... anyways that looks like banding, jpeg artefacts, or your computer screen is very poor and is unable to display the subtle gradations... the latter would be my best guess.

Well it got there somehow...;)

Not a great idea, you can only introduce artefacts... anyways that looks like banding, jpeg artefacts, or your computer screen is very poor and is unable to display the subtle gradations... the latter would be my best guess.
But this is exactly what I am seeing and at least now someone else can see it (you see I`m not crazy after all)
So, your guess, the monitor, Maybe I should reset it if I can.

But this is exactly what I am seeing and at least now someone else can see it (you see I`m not crazy after all)
So, your guess, the monitor, Maybe I should reset it if I can.
Probably won't help, if the monitor in incapable of reproducing the subtle gradations then a reset will not help... the artefacts will only be showing on the monitor, they will not be on your files (unless you are over processing them)

Probably won't help, if the monitor in incapable of reproducing the subtle gradations then a reset will not help... the artefacts will only be showing on the monitor, they will not be on your files (unless you are over processing them)
I reset it and, guess what, the artefacts went away........:)

How do you reset a monitor?

My Dell doesn't seem to have a button for that...

Back