where to buy canon 5d mark 3

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

Has anyone found a canon 5d mark 3 at a good price - if so where from!

Been thinking of getting one for a while but now my 5d mark one has conked out on me am seriously considering getting one now.

Miss moloko

Take a look at DigitalRev or Panamoz for the cheapest prices. Bear in mind these are 'grey imports' but feedback for both is very good. I purchased mine from DigitalRev and a good friend managed to get one from Panamoz for under £2000.

i got mine today,
ordered friday delivered monday morning

got a fantastic deal on ebay (pixel_uk) @£2099. and the best thing is its Canon UK Stock.
i was lucky i got it at that price because they put the price up to £2150.
they'd dropped the price from £2399 to £2099 and sold all their stock in a few minutes

i got mine today,

got a fantastic deal on ebay (pixel_uk) @£2099. and the best thing is its Canon UK Stock.
they'd dropped the price from £2399 to £2099 and sold all their stock in a few minutes

Cracking deal you got there mate. Wish I got wind of this as well. Going to save them on my watch list now. I am ok with grey imports but don't particularly like buying warranty on top.

ok no matter what anyone says on this forum, I AM NOT sending ANY money let along 2 grand in a UK bank account to some guy in Hong Kong to source a camera for me. Do you guys realize how crazy that sounds?

ok no matter what anyone says on this forum, I AM NOT sending ANY money let along 2 grand in a UK bank account to some guy in Hong Kong to source a camera for me. Do you guys realize how crazy that sounds?

haha this. if it was 1k then maybe LMAO but 2k haha lol

1K? Thats sounds stupid too...

SO this guy in Hong Kong sends you the Mark 3. How much duty did you have to pay? Did it come with any UK warranty at all? These are all risks I am sure you guys should consider.

alitech said:
1K? Thats sounds stupid too...

SO this guy in Hong Kong sends you the Mark 3. How much duty did you have to pay? Did it come with any UK warranty at all? These are all risks I am sure you guys should consider.

No u don't pay no Import duties

there is no import duty on cameras imported from Hong Kong just a vat liability
if you are charged vat DR and panamoz state they will reimburse you
Ali read the terms and conditions on the likes of DR site and panamoz
they also offer a uk based warranty

Read the feedback from Panamoz its great and they email you at everystage of the transaction you can pay via paypal if you like and its still cheaper than Digital Rev (and everywhere else)

I paid via BT for a 5d3 less than two grand and it was here in 4 days
the same camera in this country is at least £700 more expensive
no fees no taxes no extras

at first I was 'wary' but a good mate of mine has bought 3 lenses and two bodies from them in the past and told me they were great

so I tried them and can say only good things about them
totally massive savings on UK prices and big savings on other Hong Kong prices

so if you dont want to save the extra 5% pay via paypal

I bought mine from Panamoz, very very happy. With the sheer saving against DigitalRev I've picked up an 85mm prime.
Yes it does sound crazy and stupid, but it works.
Mine came with a English manual, UK plug..honestly what is there to worry about..

i got mine today,

Thats a very good deal, but I'm curious how can you tell its UK stock - others buying from Panamoz are getting the English manual and UK adapter but surely those are Asian stock?

What company is used for transit form HK? DHL?

Cameras surely have duties associated with them. Unless a lower value is declared?

Who provides the warranty in the UK?

No duty, but there is VAT (that may be wrong - I recall reading it on here somewhere)

Panamoz use UPS Express (2-3 days), no idea on local warranty, I believe its sent it to their London office then they ship back to HK, but others would need to confirm.

Last edited:
alitech said:

Cameras surely have duties associated with them. Unless a lower value is declared?

All relevant info is on their site.

They have confirmed receipt of funds, waiting on shipping info.

there is no import duty thank or blame Margaret Thatcher just vat liability and the handling and shipping costs
google import duty

panaomoz warranty info here http://panamoz.com/index.php/terms-conditions

Last edited:
Ok vat liability or duty, there is clearly a lack of clarity. Who has paid vat on this so far. If not, how did you get away with it?

from what I understand it is the handling and shipping company that calculates the vat owed and charges you
I shipped in some parts from the states as that is the only country that has them. I was charged duty and vat on the first shipment, subsequent shipments have had no charges

Ok vat liability or duty, there is clearly a lack of clarity. Who has paid vat on this so far. If not, how did you get away with it?
if you get charged vat by the shipping / delivery company the seller states they will reimburse you the charges
if you feel bad that you may be doing the government out of their fare share of your hard earned you can always nip to jessops and buy one from there
http://www.jessops.com/online.store/products/84404/show.html

Last edited:
The camera is shipped back to HK?

No duty, but there is VAT (that may be wrong - I recall reading it on here somewhere)

Panamoz use UPS Express (2-3 days), no idea on local warranty, I believe its sent it to their London office then they ship back to HK, but others would need to confirm.

Well some of you might think you got the deal of the centuary but i still wouldnt buy a grey import with some dodgy local waranty, Ony they will you find out if you got the bargain you think you got.

Just got my shipment tracking. For me 1k less than UK price is a no brainer really personally

I've bought over £2,000 worth in 4 transactions with Panamoz so far this year, and I'm hoping to order a 70-200 f2.8 IS L MkII anytime soon. On average it takes 4-5 days from order to delivery and so far I've paid by Paypal, but I will arrange a bank transfer for my next order as I will save around £70 more. I bought 2 lenses at London Camera Exchange last year that cost £1,980 but could of got exactly the same lenses for £318 cheaper at Panamoz. I will be using them as often as I can from now on.

Quotes from their website regarding warranty : All items purchased from Panamoz Electronics come with a free 1 year warranty. You will receive a warranty card with an unique reference number. Our 1 year warranty covers all manufacturer's defects, plus all parts and labour costs. Our products are all extremely high quality brand name items from famous brands such as Sony, Canon, Panasonic, Samsung, and many others. We stand by all the products we sell and we want to give you the protection you deserve. All warranty and return/exchange issues are handled by us in the UK.

As for any duty payments : all import taxes/duties/VAT are covered by us. We are responsible for all additional tax charges. The price you see when you place an order with us, is all you have to pay. The price displayed for items sold by Panamoz Electronics are inclusive. You will be able to see your final price before you confirm your order, when you have completed your order information (including your delivery address).

Well some of you might think you got the deal of the centuary but i still wouldnt buy a grey import with some dodgy local waranty, Ony they will you find out if you got the bargain you think you got.

For a 1k saving u can pay for one or two manufacture defect repairs for less then 1k mate

I got mine from Hdew cameras a while ago when they first had stock in. They have them listed at £2,349 http://www.hdewcameras.co.uk/canon-eos-5d-mark-iii-body-961-p.asp with a 3 year warranty. I can highly recommend them as a company.

Are these UK stock - the site has a warning:

"PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR NIKON AND CANON PRODUCTS DO NOT QUALIFY FOR NIKON UK OR CANON UK CASHBACK OFFERS OR OTHER PROMOTIONS WHICH NIKON OR CANON LIMIT TO SELECTED UK RETAILERS."

- which suggests not? Anybody know?

I would quite happily buy from hdew kerso DR and panamoz and enjoy the saving
infact I did and had no issues what so ever
I haven't read of any issues with any of the above companies either

It astonishes me how you can call a company selling products at bargain prices with feedback that far outweighs the usual Jessops are hopeless threads

their feedback is excellent read what people say for your self but how on Earth you can call them offering Dodgy warranty with so much great feedback is beyond me

customer service is nice but not £1000 nice - the saving is so massive that you could take into Canon Elstree and pay out of your own pocket 3 times for repairs and still be in pocket

You might also want to check out the various mobile phone forums who are buying the latest smartphones by the Lorry load from them along with touchpads etc

I bought my5D3 from them having not being prepared to pay the near 3 grand that UK stores are selling it for

I was not even in the Market for a new Camera till I saw the extraordinary pricing of Panamoz for this model

Buttkicker said:
It astonishes me how you can call a company selling products at bargain prices with feedback that far outweighs the usual Jessops are hopeless threads

their feedback is excellent read what people say for your self but how on Earth you can call them offering Dodgy warranty with so much great feedback is beyond me

customer service is nice but not £1000 nice - the saving is so massive that you could take into Canon Elstree and pay out of your own pocket 3 times for repairs and still be in pocket

You might also want to check out the various mobile phone forums who are buying the latest smartphones by the Lorry load from them along with touchpads etc

I bought my5D3 from them having not being prepared to pay the near 3 grand that UK stores are selling it for

I was not even in the Market for a new Camera till I saw the extraordinary pricing of Panamoz for this model

I wished I had 2k on me as I would have bite the bullet like u mate, forget rip off jessops

Thats a very good deal, but I'm curious how can you tell its UK stock - others buying from Panamoz are getting the English manual and UK adapter but surely those are Asian stock?

you can easily tell from the box. the barcode on the box specifically states GB. if it were not UK stock it would say otherwise.
I have bought lots of canon stuff in the UK and its always mentioned on the box

Not to mention the manuals and the CD package inside is English and printed in the EU

what ever country it says on the box and whatever country it says on the instruction one thing for sure is that they all say made in Japan on the camera roflol

Back