where to buy canon 5d mark 3

Just pulled the trigger on this with Panamoz. Payment of £1985 sent via bank transfer.

Now on to order the rest of the bits for this.

So it's come down in price by £10 in a week then?:bang: :LOL:

According to the tracking info, mine is sitting about 30 miles away just now and I will get it tomorrow. Getting excited now.....:D

I tried to negotiate a better deal and they said the most they can come down is by £10 so I said thank you and paid promptly.

It's under £2k and you tried to negotiate a better deal!!!

And they say the Scots are tight. :clap::clap::clap:

You aren't from Yorkshire by any chance, are you? :LOL:

But if Panamoz will do as I suggested in #105 you can pretty much get the best of both worlds: low price and credit card cover.

That's a very good point and I missed it when you first wrote it. Weird thing is that either yesterday or day before I was reading on another forum about a guy who done this with a car and got his full payment back after making a £100 payment on his card as you suggested.

Ordered one from pixel uk on eBay on Saturday for £2098 payed for but still no tracking number ? Keep you posted ;-)

Ordered one from pixel uk on eBay on Saturday for £2098 payed for but still no tracking number ? Keep you posted ;-)

Not the cheapest but a good price none the less.

Someone said that pixel uk is actually hdew but I haven't seen a direct link myself.

Last edited:
My 5DIII arrived from Panamoz today :)D) along with BG-E11 battery grip, BG-E7 grip and both 1.4xIII & 2xIII extenders. The 7D is following tomorrow and is currently 30 miles away.

A quick trip through the menus shows I'm going to be spending a bit of time reading the manual!!! Instant reaction to the differences with my 5DII are that I've already fallen in love with the lock on the mode dial and I'm going to take some time to get used to the repositioning of the zoom controls.

UK plug lead & English manual all there. The only 'issue' thus far has been that the eyecup is missing from the box. I've double checked (and so has my wife) and it's nowhere to be found. I've already e-mailed Tina and she is sending a replacement out.

Service?? What more can you ask for?(y)

My 500 F4L II is now attached and I can't wait to get out of the office....:cool:

Thats excellent news FourRingCircus. Pleased for you. I paid yesterday and still await a communication from them about dispatch etc.

I have a few questions for you.

How was the item boxed?
Did it come from within the UK or directly from HK?
Did you see any customs clearance documents on the package?
Any damage to the box in transit?
Is the UK charger the one with an extension cord or one that directly goes into the wall socket?
What warranty documentation did you get with this?

and on an unrelated note. what accessories are you planning to buy for your Mark 3?

I have a few questions for you.

How was the item boxed?
Standard Canon silver/black box with English (& Japanese) writing. Packed tightly in a palin cardboard box.
Did it come from within the UK or directly from HK?
Directly from HK
None
Any damage to the box in transit?
None
Is the UK charger the one with an extension cord or one that directly goes into the wall socket?
Yes - Same as Jessops would be.
What warranty documentation did you get with this?
Panamoz Seller Warranty Card.

and on an unrelated note. what accessories are you planning to buy for your Mark 3?

I got the BG-E11 grip with it today and the 1.4xIII & 2xIII extenders. Coupled with my (extensive) L-lens collection, I think I have quite enough to be going on with now!!:LOL:

Thanks FourRing.

I just received a shipment confirmation for UPS. Will wait in anticipation now. 3 days.. so Friday maybe

Also got shipping confirmation and tracking number on my parcel. If it came Friday it would be nice as I'll be able to take it on a family trip I'm going on. It's getting sent to my parents house anyhow so no biggie if it comes after Friday or not.

I will say, that so far as regards correspondence with Tina from Panamoz is concerned, it has been first class. Pleasure to deal with.

What is their choice of courier and can I ask them to send to my work address instead of home address?

What is their choice of courier and can I ask them to send to my work address instead of home address?
I believe they can use more than one courier - typically UPS or FedEx (mine was UPS).

As far as a delivery address is concerned, I don't imagine a works address would be a problem if the order was paid by BT but I should think a credit card payment would require it to go to the registered card address.

I got my 35mm f1.4 L and 135mm f2 L yesterday from them I ordered about 1am last Wednesday and they were delivered by DHL to my work address. Saved about £500 over uk prices.

I paid by credit card.

Excellent service and I've never seen so much bubble wrap around a box before in my life!!

I paid via bank transfer and the item is being sent to my parents house for convenience as I'll be away at the weekend. The different address wasn't queried at all as I can only imagine the only address details they'll receive with a bank transfer are the ones you provide them with.

The courier is UPS and once you receive your tracking number I noticed there's an option to alter the address details. eg: change address, reschedule delivery or return to seller etc... so you could always send to the address on your card and once the parcel is en route redirect it to your works address.

FourRingCircus said:
None
:

Both times I have ordered from them it was sent FedEx and FedEx posted me the additional documents about a week later.

Both times I have ordered from them it was sent FedEx and FedEx posted me the additional documents about a week later.
What were these 'additional documents' please?

Are you suggesting that you got a bill from FedEx?:thinking:

After the euphoria of the 5DIII delivery yesterday, today has seen a little bit of a disappointment in terms of what's arrived. The 7D came in the same type of box, but this one had suffered slightly at the hands of the courier. Nothing major, but the Canon box inside was showing a few creases where it had been slightly squashed as if it had enjoyed being sat-on by another box or two.

Nothing inside was damaged and everything is unblemished and works perfectly. However, this package hadn't enjoyed the same 'destined for UK' service as my 5DIII had. I don't feel that this is worthy of a complaint to Panamoz, I'm only telling like it is:

• I've received a wall charger with two flat pins and some sort of 3rd party 3-pin adaptor.
  • The camera was set to Japanese/Chinese language.
Given that I already have two proper UK chargers (from my 5D's) I'm not at all concerned. Furthermore, the supplied charger does work with the adaptor in a UK socket.

The language setting was more of a concern because you really need to be able to read the far-eastern hieroglyphics in order to change the language setting to English!:help:

Once again, I was fortunate in having the 5D's so I could emulate the menu settings by cross-referencing and succeeded in changing it to English at my first attempt. However, anyone new to these cameras would not be so fortunate.:|

"Nothing inside was damaged and everything is unblemished and works perfectly. However, this package hadn't enjoyed the same 'destined for UK' service as my 5DIII had. I don't feel that this is worthy of a complaint to Panamoz, I'm only telling like it is:
I've received a wall charger with two flat pins and some sort of 3rd party 3-pin adaptor.
The camera was set to Japanese/Chinese language."

My 60D is a grey import and came (not from Panamoz!) like this, but was in English.
I suspect all imports come with their 'native' plugs with UK adaptors included.
It's what you sacrifice for saving all those £££'s!
Slight worry on the squashed box, but i had a delivery from Amazon last month that actually had a big black tyre mark right over it!
Luckily it wasn't a £3000 DSLR, but a book and wasn't damaged but still, i wasn't very pleased!:shake: apologies for going off on a tangent! ;)

The 5DIII came yesterday, exactly as it would have done from Jessops - UK Plug/Charger and English at switch-on.

That's not always the case but it does happen. They have to open the boxes and swap out or remove the items that aren't for your market, like warrant cards, quick set-up/getting started guides and of course the chargers.

Ok peep, just wanted to let everyone know that I got the delivery yesterday from Panamoz. Wasn't packaged as well as I would have liked as it had only a card board box covering the main box with no bubble wrap or anything else. The box inside was pristine so wasn't an issue in this instance.

The camera is brand new as expected and had all the accessories inside the box. One slight issue is that there is a dust spec in the view finder. I guess thats a normal thing for new cameras these days as all cameras that leave the factory cannot be 100% perfect. I have spoken to Tina and she asked me to speak to canon to get it cleaned and tell her the costs which she will reimburse. The cost is around £80 for a cleaning jobby and thats an estimate and Tina has confirmed she is happy to reimburse.

So far the service has been excellent. Big thumbs up.

It's out of stock ATM anyway.

are you going off the site or have they told you it is out of stock in an email?

Most people on here have bought them from panamoz even though they are stated out of stock on the website

are you going off the site or have they told you it is out of stock in an email?

Most people on here have bought them from panamoz even though they are stated out of stock on the website

If you e-mail them they'll send you an invoice

I have no reason to doubt anyone's positive experience with Panamoz but find this 'out-of-stock-but-we'll-get-one-in-when-one's-ordered' a little worrying. It can be the first sign of a company going under as either their cashflow won't allow them to buy in stock or their suppliers won't supply on credit.

I may be wrong. I hope I am.

I have no reason to doubt anyone's positive experience with Panamoz but find this 'out-of-stock-but-we'll-get-one-in-when-one's-ordered' a little worrying. It can be the first sign of a company going under as either their cashflow won't allow them to buy in stock or their suppliers won't supply on credit.

I may be wrong. I hope I am.

Good point. It's been 'out of stock' for a long time now.

Id have thought they have made enough money from the TP sales in this thread alone to keep them going a while LOL
My order went through yesterday morning and I was suprised and impressed to see it on the van ready for delivery this morning all the way from Hong Kong via Germany to the UK in a day, the trouble is I'm out all day!!!

ferret1981 said:
Id have thought they have made enough money from the TP sales in this thread alone to keep them going a while LOL
My order went through yesterday morning and I was suprised and impressed to see it on the van ready for delivery this morning all the way from Hong Kong via Germany to the UK in a day, the trouble is I'm out all day!!!

Possibly lol. I envy u lot who bought a 5d3. I really want one

I've not seen the camera yet but I must say the customer service and delivery is excellent Hong Kong to my house in just over a day with me being able to track the parcel all the way! Thats crazy, some UK retailers need to take note!!!

By the way I was cheeky too like alitech and asked for the extra tenner off and they gave it to me £1985!

Arrived home and camera had been taken in by next door. Excellent service no problems at all with the camera would highly recommend Panamoz and I'll be looking to buy from there again soon (when I have figured out how to pay for the 5d3)

OK,
taking the bite and going to be buying the mkiii - HDew or Panamoz...HDew offer a 3 year warranty plus its sourced from Europe...

Panamoz are cheaper and getting very good reviews. You get a standard 1yr warranty or optional 1yr "replacement" warranty (extra cost). I've just ordered one from them myself. They do supply it with UK power adapter and English manual.

booda said:
OK,
taking the bite and going to be buying the mkiii - HDew or Panamoz...HDew offer a 3 year warranty plus its sourced from Europe...

I thought HDEW's goods are just as grey as panamoz's? I don't think HDEW's warranty is any better, its still classed as the same grey goods.

I thought HDEW's goods are just as grey as panamoz's? I don't think HDEW's warranty is any better, its still classed as the same grey goods.

I thought that HDEW are offering a free upgrade to a 3 year return to them warranty while Panamoz are offering a 1 year warranty. Surely that's a better warranty, even if they're both imported/grey market ?

I am also weighing up Panamoz, Digitalrev, and now HDEW.

If HDEW can price match I am game.

Back